Solvere - Acne Clearing Gel

Solvere - Acne Clearing Gel

2.5

Benzoyl Peroxide USP 2 1/2%. Carbomer, Purified Water, Sodium Hydroxymethyl Glycinate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate.

on 8/27/2013 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I was disappointed in this. I'd had great luck with the acnefree stuff for sensitive skin but ran out and couldn't find it outside a kit anywhere. So when I found this it seemed worth a try. Didn't have anywhere near the success, and my skin soon lost most of its vIsible improvement. Tried the CVS brand and am very happy with it.

--Heidi

on 6/16/2012 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

UPDATE: I no longer can use this BP. It causes my eyes to water (majorly!) and it has occasionally caused dermatitis.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: A very effective and non-drying acne treatment that's affordable -- what could be better! I was on the hunt for a 2.5% benzoyl peroxide spot treatment to replace my Rx BenzaClin and this is it! It's in a gel/cream base that absorbs quickly -- a little dab is all you need. I can see a difference in my skin the very next day, reducing the size and redness overnight. For example, my forehead has been breaking out constantly since the beginning of the year and in one week or so this gel has been helping to clear up existing acne while preventing additional breakouts. It seems to help with both small acne blemishes and the larger zits, although I don't know how it works on cystic acne.

I don't find it drying nor irritating at all, although I do use a moisturizer with it (Face Reality Hydrating Emulsion, which can be worn under/over treatments). I've tried tons of bp products in my lifetime (Neutrogena, Oxy, Paula's Choice, ProActive, Sage, Acne.org...) and this is one of the best.

Top Rated Treatments (Face)

image