Biafine Emulsion

Biafine Emulsion

4.9

Ethylene glycol stearate, stearic acid, cetyl palmitate, paraffin wax, liquid paraffin, perhydrosqualene, propylene glycol, avocado oil, trolamine alginate and sodium, potassium sorbate, sodium methyl paraben (E 219), paraben sodium-propyl (E 217), yerbatone flavor, purified water. Active ingredient: Trolamine 0.670 g per 100 g of emulsion for skin application.

on 11/14/2016 12:52:00 PM

This product, I bought on a whim. It was super cheap at the French pharmacies and I've heard how multipurpose it was. I've tried using it as an overnight face mask to sink in and It's great if I had any sort of irritation, it smoothed it. I've also used it on scars and although I don't think it helped me heal a finger I almost sliced off whilst cooking any faster, i'm scar free. I'm also used it on a sun burns and wow....I am not one to tan. I burn, turn red, peel and back to being pale as a ghost. But this helped me heel my burned, sensitive skin and I have a tan. I wouldn't of course, count on this to help with the sun damage, but in a pinch, amazing!

I first purchased this when I was on holiday for sunburn. I hadn't used it since then until I had a bad day when my face got extremely dry (coarse, wrinkly) caused from using a cleansing brush for the first time, and perhaps the combination of the brush, cleanser and oil treatment didn't help. I was kinda freaking out at this point (didn't want to look like an old hag at 28!) where my skin would just suck out the moisture from every lotion I had. I decided to use this forgotten Biafine cream I already had, and this restored my skin instantly back to its normal state (Shocked how I quickly transformed). I really felt it was healing and moisturising it at the same time. My skin has been having its ups and downs recently, especially with acne and cysts that suddenly arrive all at once. During its healing stages, I apply Biafine. Even though my acne has massively improved since then, I still consider it needing a bit more TLC. I've decided to stop using my fancy skincare products - in fear it was causing acne and cysts, so I'm sticking with the basics with this Biafine plus it would keep my skincare to a minimum which I prefer. I now use this everyday, after I've washed my face both morning and night (my replacement for a night cream), and before I apply SPF lotion. I don't what it is, but I'm less freaking out about my skin now and putting this on before my lotion, my make-up for some reason looked better and effortless.

This cream is a great moisturizer and very good for healing. I wish it smelled a little better, but can over look that part, because of the other benefits.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

everybody should have this at home. It works on every type of skin. A little pricey to get outside of France, but totally worth it. I bought several tubes (8) at once from ebay, and it was about $19 per tube (including the shipping to US), it is refreshing when I apply it on my very sensitive acne prone skin, it never breaks me out, I would recomend it to every person that has delicate skin (even though it is supposed to be used mainly for burns). I am super happy with my purchase, and will keep this cream around for life hehe. In resume, totally worth the hype! Try it!!

So i've waxed my upper lip 2 days ago, with cold wax. I have hypersensitive skin but i was so damn done with my stache and I've just done it. I had an allergic reaction and burnt my skin completely, awfull, I've skipped school because it is that bad. This helped me soo much totally recommend.

on 12/13/2014 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It's been a long time since I posted. I'm about a decade older than when I last posted about makeup, glitter and miscellaneous youthful lusts. Now, I want products that can keep my skin youthful and glowing. This is good stuff. I bought a huge tube for 4 euros at a Paris pharmacies. Completely worth it. Will load up on my next trip. Heals cracked skin, scrapes, dry patches etc etc. Believe the hype. I use it on my face after my IPL's. Soothes the face of any burned/toasted facial skin.

on 4/28/2014 12:03:00 PM

I realize that this is the equivalent of the French lusting after Neosporin, but Biafine was the very first thing I bought when I walked into a pharmacie in Paris.

However, it saved me almost immediately on that trip because like an idiot, I walked 12 miles the first day in new shoes and promptly got hotspots on my heels. A little Biafine on that area and bam, no blister or soreness by the next morning. BOOM. Also got a tiny bit of sunburn and a thin layer of Biafine soothed it instantly.

I was so impressed by this magic that I also bought the Biafine lip balm (called CicaBiafine Baume Levres) and now kind of wish I'd picked up the hand cream as well.

I paid €6 (about $8 USD) for a large 140g metal tube that will last me for years. The active ingredient is trolamine, which is prescription-only in the U.S.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I really love this product. It's used by dermatologists as a post-laser cream, and I use it after IPL treatments. It's wonderful. It doesn't offer any moisture really, just soothing. It is fragranced and I LOVE the smell - it has that French cosmetics smell that I can't get enough of. I do find it to be very soothing after any kind of treatment that leaves my skin red and raw, but for my highly reactive, rosacean, supersensitive dry skin, I can't use it long-term (maybe because of the fragrance). It's fine if I use it after washing for a few days after my IPL treatment, but if I use it for longer than 3 days, I do start to break out from it. Short-term it's great though - and if you don't have sensitive skin, you'd probably do just fine with it.

on 2/22/2014 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I finally bought a tube of this on my 4th trip to Paris in 5 years and my only regret is not buying one 5 years ago. Everyone needs this. It's seriously that amazing.

I've been using the biafine emulsion on scars I have from fairly major surgery in dec of 2012 for under a week and the improvement in my scars is noting short of shockingly dramatic. I have reliously used silicone scar sheets, mederma, bio-oil and rosehip seed oil every single day since my dr okay'd me to start on them but all of the others combined do not compare to the biafine.

I also have been using it on some minor breakouts and the healing time is substantially faster and the red marks I'm usually left with for weeks is already gone.

Finally, I burned my arm taking something out of the oven two days ago, used biafine almost immediately and while still red and looks like a burn it hasn't hurt at all or blistered at any point.

I'm not thrilled at the cost difference of buying in the US since I paid like 6 euros for the tube I bought but if I run out before I can get back to Paris to stock up, I'll definitely be paying to buy it here.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The most amazing thing known to man. Seriously. This heals scabs, wounds... This even help chapped lips & pretty much any skin issue. I will never be without.