Juice Beauty SPF30 Tinted Mineral Moisturizer in Ivory

Juice Beauty SPF30 Tinted Mineral Moisturizer in Ivory

3.2

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredient Zinc Oxide 20% Inactive Ingredients Organic juices of pyrus malus (organic apple juice)*, vitis vinifera (organic white grape juice)*, aloe barbadensis (organic aloe leaf juice)*, cocos nucifera (organic coconut oil)*, caprylic/capric triglyceride, sorbitan stearate, ricinus communis (castor seed oil), polyglyceryl-10 laurate, magnesium sulfate, helianthus annuus (organic sunflower seed oil)*, simmondsia chinensis (organic jojoba seed oil)*, tocopherol, hyaluronic acid, phenethyl alcohol, ethylhexylglycerin, iron oxides, citrus reticulata (mandarin) & citrus aurantium (petitgrain) pure essential oils

This is far and away the best mineral sunscreen I've ever used. The ingredients are impeccable. The zinc is in a high enough percentage, with a large enough particle size, to be highly effective in protecting from UV damage. And, unlike all the other natural zinc sunscreens I've tried, this is not mime lard. Yay. OK, the Ivory color is a little too light, while the Sand color is too dark, but I'm not complaining when the product smooths on like a dream and subtly evens out my skin tone while looking natural. It mostly stays put -- I need to pat my crow's feet once or twice per day, where the lotion settles. No biggie. I like that this doesn't irritate my eyes or dry out my skin. It is oily and a bit shiny, so if you're not looking for a dewy texture, this won't be for you. But on my 50-year-old skin, this adds moisture and radiance. I love it and just bought two more tubes.

on 8/31/2014 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I understand why there are so many negative reviews about this product. For those of you who are not into dewy look, this is not for you. But because I have a very dry skin so this is perfect for me. I wear this sunscreen everyday and so far (I'm on my second tube) it hasn't caused any irritation on my uber sensitive skin, no breakout either! I find it quite easy to spread and I have used both ivory and sand. I bought the ivory first and it suited my complexion beautifully (I'm about NW30-35). When I ran out, sadly the ivory was sold out so I got the sand instead and it gave me a really nice glowing tan. I usually prefer a natural dewy look but when I want a matte finish, I would wait for the sunscreen to absorb which usually takes about 5mins and then apply a finishing power on top.

P.S. If you have oily skin and live in a hot & humid area and spend most of your time in a non-airconditioned place, skip this product.

To Read all 11 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/27/2014 3:08:00 PM

What I have noticed from the reviews about this product is that people have mixed feelings about this product because the texture of it is quite unique and the finish is atypical for a tinted moisturizer. I like the fact that this product is organic, although I do not necessarily seek out products only for this quality. There are plenty of organic cosmetics that are absolutely useless and/or poorly designed. This moisturizer does everything that it claims it will. It moisturizes very well without causing me to break out (although it is winter right now, and things could very well change in the humid summer weather). It goes on smoothly, blends in easily to the skin, can be layered for a more pronounced effect and can be used on both face and neck. I happen to like the dewy or glowy finish of this product (which many people hate). With a light dusting of powder you can mattify this finish pretty quickly, although you may have to do so again during the day. The tint is subtle, but it is definitely there. The color can also be layered a bit, but I find that this was light to medium coverage at best. My main reason for purchasing the product was for the hydration and antioxidant content. I will continue to purchase this product for a loooong time, as I have yet to find a tinted moisturizer better than this.

I seem to be the only reviewer with dry skin here. To me, this does not moisturize enough but still looks greasy on my skin, which is a weird combination. I really wanted a very moisturizing tinted moisturizer or BB cream and this just doesn't cut it, even with a serum under it.
I have to wear a physical (as opposed to chemical) sunscreen, so I am always hoping to find something cosmetically elegant to go over a moisturizer or serum. It's difficult to find. Also, it's next to impossible to wear nice foundation over a physical sunscreen, so it's great to have a little tint or coverage built in, but this definitely doesn't have it...you might as well just wear any zinc or titanium oxide block...and it would be a lot cheaper. If anyone knows of a super moisturizing 100% PHYSICAL BB cream or sunscreen, please message me. Thanks!

on 2/18/2013 3:38:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This product is not cosmetically elegant. It does leave an 'ivory' cast initially, but it fades eventually. It is very thick and heavy so you have to blend it in very well in order to ensure smooth application. It also has a scent which isn't too lovely, but not problematic either. It fades after a while. Overall, this is good, especially since it's all natural and moisturizing, but I don't think I'd buy again. But I can't wait to try their CC cream.

on 1/23/2013 7:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have sensitive skin. I keep looking for a mineral sunscreen. I keep wasting my money. Juice Beauty is sold on the "aren't extracts great?!" concept which is just plain wrong. Extracts like these aren't great, just irritating. And now I have to wait for my skin to clear up and I'm 57.

on 12/12/2012 5:18:00 PM

I was attracted to this line at Ulta as soon as I saw it. Green packages the certified organic sign, chemical free - all this draw my attention, that I forgot that there are so many other lines around.
I tried it at the store and seemed like it gives some coverage and glow. I bought it for 29$. But at home it didn't look the same as at the store.
The texture and the smell reminds me clay masks. It has thick consistency, I would say it it heavy. When smoothed it onto my skin I didn't notice that much except for some glow. I know that tinted moisterizers are not supposed to cover all imperfections, but even my Aveno tinted moisterizer, which disappointed me so much, is better, compared to this one.
The color seems off too. Usually I wear light, and ivory seemed to match my skin tone under the store lights, but at home my face looked unnaturally whitish. I should have chosen a darker shade may be it would match my skin. Ivory is for somebody with very pale skin.
With the heavy consistency no way I will use it summer time - too heavy for my oily skin, which is even oilier in summer.
The smell is far from being
pleasant.
I thought I will use it under my foundation as a primer, because of high SPF, but I'm afraid it will look too heavy.
This mineral moisterizer is going back to Ulta.

on 7/4/2012 11:02:00 AM

I bought this hoping for a nice sheer coverage moisturizer that was all organic and that really appealed to me.
First off it really stinks! The smell is like rotting fruit.
Second it has NO coverage, it is simply a moisturizer, not a tinted anything.
Third it leaves your skin greasy and slick, if you read the ingredient list you will find 3 or 4 oils listed. I had to pack on a powder just to look normal.

Would not recommend this to anyone.

on 6/25/2012 4:35:00 PM

I bought Juice Beauty Tinted Mineral Moisturizer because I need to wear sunscreen on my face every day and it gives me the protection without the nasty sunscreen smell! I also like how it gives me the coverage I want without looking really heavy or thick. Its a great moisturizer that keeps my skin hydrated!

Not liking this makes me sad :( It's got such healthy(and organic) ingredients, but it's unfortunate that I didn't actually check them before I left Ulta, because I probably wouldn't have gotten it. Nothing bad for you at all, just that there's about 5 or 6 different types of oil in it. Aloe, jojoba, I forget what else. I don't mind that the oils are in there, but it's obvious from the application and wear that oils are what this is primary composed of; I couldn't even wear something this oily in the winter. I don't even think dry-skinned ladies would want to wear something this heavy in the summer. Some might find the scent off-putting. It's very hard to describe, because it's an herbal, medicinal smell, but also smells like...potting soil? I don't know, but it somehow reminds me of the gardening section of Home Depot. Like I said, not a gross or cloying scent, but it's very odd. The tint is also very very sheer, and while it does even things out a tad, I need something more pigmented. I think this is going back to Ulta to get exchanged for my Physicians Formula Healthy Wear.