Neutrogena Deep Clean Long-Last Shine Control Daily Scrub

Neutrogena Deep Clean Long-Last Shine Control Daily Scrub

4.4

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

This is my favorite cleanser I have been using it for years, it helps control my oily face all day but doesn't make me break out. I like a cleanser that has beads or scrubbers in it. This one has just the right amount of them. Some cleansers make me too dry and even dryer around the edge of my nose, but then I still get oily after a few hours but not This deep clean daily scrub. This one also does not make my skin irritated and helps control blemishes too. I believe it works so well due to the rice in it that makes it so effective.
I pat my face with water, apply scrub in gentle circular motion. let it sit wile I gat a wash cloth wet with med hot water. I tissue off the scrub then I finish wiping residue with warm washcloth. Then I am ready for my serum/treatments and makeup.
At night I sometimes will wipe my face with Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Oil-Free Cleansing Wipes first to get a bit of make up off then I will use Neutrogena Naturals Deep Cleansing & makeup remover at night. But I always use the Deep Clean Long Lasting Daily Scrub in the morning. Always! I've tried others but this one works the best for me.
I am very happy with it and I recommend this as a good cleanser for combo & oily skin. keeps me less oily here in sunny Florida.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Okay as a scrub but did not help my oily skin.
It gave no shin control and I felt as if it were drying and in return caused my skin to produce more oil.

To Read all 23 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This product is amazing. I have moderately acne prone, combination skin- redness, acne scars, new acne, occasional cystic acne. Yeah. My t-zone oil is simply outrageous. Always has been. Especially my nose.

This product has been a godsend. I started out using their other scrub- the Oil-free Acne Wash Daily Scrub- with moderate success. So when there was a sale on at my drugstore, I decided to try out some of their other products. I picked up this product I'm reviewing and one from the rapid clear line.

Well. I can say I haven't moved on from this one to try the other. Like I said, I had moderate success with their oil-free scrub but this one is just amazing. When I read it's claim to reduce oil I was SO skeptical, but it truly has helped! It's not like my skin is suddenly oil-free, but I have noticed the reduction. Thanks to this, my acne has REALLY cleared up. I can't believe it. My acne has lessened, my redness is going away because there is less irritation, my skin feels healthier and my scarring is finally able to fade. I wear makeup daily to work because i don't feel comfortable with my skin. If it continues to improve, I'd easily go with no foundation- happily!

Pros-
-Scent is not too strong and pleasant.
- Controls oil, as promised.
- Controls acne because of oil reduction and it does have salicylic acid. Also has glycerin which my skin likes.
- Gentle. I have sensitive skin, and it likes this cleanser.
- Simple packaging, readily available product, cheap price.

Cons-
- It has dyes. Some people dislike this and overall it's an unnecessary aesthetic additive.
- Concerned about the beads. I don't know what the scrubbing beads in this are exactly, but if they are micro-beads that's a big drawback (for me at least). It's an environmental concern right now.

Overall, I have tried a variety of products. I've tried harsh products like benzoyl peroxide, and gentle products like Cetaphil and Cerave cleansers, Extra-virgin olive oil cleansing and even pure glycerin soap. Nothing has helped as much as this cleanser has, and I'm pretty surprised to say that!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have sensitive and very oily skin, so oily that in minutes after cleaning my face the shine has already started. i have searched high and low for a cheap and effective face cleanser and at last i have found one that can control the oil on my skin and keeps the pimples away, of course occasionally i have one or two pimples but very rarely and i only bought this product a few weeks ago. Also i have not only got some pimple on my face but on my chest and back as well and even that has cleared up by applying this cleanser to the affected area. But my main issue is i have very thin skin so every time i clear a pimple it leaves a very annoying scar but this face wash has even cleared my scarring on my cheeks, jawline, cheat and back. i can not explain how much this cleanser has cleared my face but i 110% recommend this to anyone who is looking for a cheap and effective cleanser for any type of issue they may have! But the only downside to this product is it doesn't have the best smell and with sensitive skin the beads can irritate my skin but other than that this is seriously the best cleanser i have ever used. :)

I just want to first mention that I have only used the scrub twice so far. After just the first wash, my skin felt amazing, and so clean. I literally felt as though the scrub sucked out any possible dirt or oil out of my face. Usually when I wake up in the morning I have slight oil on my face, especially around my nose area. This morning it was very minimal (and I even used a VERY thick moisturizer last night since the cold weather here has been drying out my skin) I was so impressed! Also, that lovely time of the month always causes a couple of pimples on my skin and I felt that they were more diminished when I woke up. Anyways, I really look forward to using this product more as I am excited to see what more it could do for my skin. I recommend this product to anyone who has oily skin! It is fantastic :)

OKAY - A QUICK EDIT: I just looked closely at my skin..... The blackheads on my nose are GONE! Seriously, after 2 washes; GONE! This is amazing!!!

This is, without doubt, my HG face wash. I have oily, sometimes sensitive skin with a little rosacea across my cheeks and nose. It's gentle enough not to leave my face feeling delicate after washing, but still gets rid of dead skin cells and makeup leaving my skin feeling clean as ever. Normally I am prone to painful breakouts but with this wash I can't remember the last time I had more than one odd zit at a time. I would definitely recommend it if you have sensitive, oily skin and can't find a scrub that you can really work in well without leaving your face inflamed.

on 8/15/2014 8:51:00 PM

I do believe I have just discovered my HG scrub.... This stuff is incredible. I had pretty good skin to start with but with a slightly oily T-Zone and large pores on my nose. After using this for only a week my skin looks absolutely flawless... no exaggeration. I no longer need foundation! Would definitely recommend. Not only does this product actually work, it isn't too harsh or drying and it doesn't leave your skin tight or red. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

it is so good! been using this since a year ago and it's been controlling my oily nose (t-zone) and leaves my skin in a soft healthy finish. i have acne on my cheeks area and this scrub makes it less noticeable. i changed to another face wash for a few weeks but immediately bought this scrub again. i had a few dry patches on my jawline area and after a few washes, it was gone! all smoothed and moist. the smell is really soothing and the packaging is easy to use. SUPA CHEAP AS WELL!

on 6/10/2014 11:23:00 PM

I am currently on my third bottle of this and love it. My skin is oily in some spots and dry in the others. The scrub itself is very soothing and leaves my skin feeling clean. I like that I can leave it on for 3 minutes to absorb the extra oil. My skin feels matte after, and I have seen a reduction in number of pimples that appear. This also seems to have improved the appearance of previous acne scars. This scrub is very affordable and has been a life saver for me. My skin used to be oily within 2 hours and now my skin is shine free for up to 10 hours! Would definitely recommend this product for all skin types.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool