The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Beautifying Oil

No Image

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I love this stuff! I use this as a body oil and I have repurchased in various scents numerous times. I use this straight out of the shower whilst my skin is still wet and it keeps me moisturised all day - great if you can be a bit lazy about applying moisturiser like me!

In terms of the price this oil is very affordable especially since The Body Shop almost always has some kind of offer on. I dont think I have ever actually paid full price for this. There are loads of scents to choose from with cocoa butter and shea being my favourites.

This is my third bottle of beautifying oil - in different scents. I use it only for my hair and occasionally using it as a makeup removal.

A very excellent product in terms of conditioning my hair - before wash or after shampooing to keep my hair moist and to prevent it from turning into a frizzy ball. With this oil, I seldom have any problem in making my hair too greasy. I have very dry hair but straight asian (which needs to be blowed dry and apply hair serum or oil to tame it) hair but with natural curls and frizz. Without any hair oil/serum, my hair will be in a terrible disaster - hard to comb, tangles and very unkempt. This oil definitely works in keeping my hair sleek and hydrated before I use other hair products, like serum, cream, gel or spray. It is a must have item every time I shampooed my hair and apply it after towel dried.

It has warm chocolatey scent, which allures you to think that it is edible or even imagine to have some cream or vanilla muffin, chocolate mousse on your hair. It smells a bit similar to Palmer's cocoa butter lotion, but in a lighter version. The scent is a little bit stronger compare with the mango beautifying oil. It is just too sweet and candy scented. The scent vapours sooner than I expected and it does not stay long on my hair. I personally prefer hair oil/serum that comes with overpowering scent and I enjoy to be pampered by it the whole day without feeling irritating. But this oil is not from that category. I like oil that comes in different scents, so I will never get bored in using them. Just imagine, 11 scents in this beautifying oil line. I will definitely get myself a few bottles, all in different scents! My next target of purchase, will be coconut oil or pink grape fruit oil.

on 1/9/2015 9:03:00 PM

I knew I would fall in love with this product as soon as I saw it on the shelf at my local Body Shop store. I love cocoa oil and i thought this dry oil would work better on my skin and hair than raw cocoa oil since my skin tends to get oily. It's a very light oil and the skin absorbs it very quickly. It works great! My skin feels softer and healthier after a few weeks of using it. A few drops goes a long way for me. I use it in my hair as well and it smells great!

What i didn't like about it was the cheap packaging, on the other hand, I guess that's what you get in this price-range. The lid broke after two days for me and the whole bottle leaks of oil now.

+Price-worthy
+Smells great
+Lightweight oil that absorbs quickly
+Multi-purpose

-Packaging

To sum it up: Great oil especially for the winter when my skin tends to get a little dry sometimes. Would definitely buy again!

on 6/14/2012 4:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

TBS Cocoa Butter Beautifying Oil is for body, hair, or face - multipurpose. It smells wonderful like the softest most comfortable subtle chocolate. Use alone, or blends well on the body with the other cocoa butter products in this line. Pampering, luxurious product - I love it!

Popular Body Skincare Products