Bumble & Bumble thickening conditioner

Bumble & Bumble thickening conditioner

3.2

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Distearoylethyl Dimonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Silk Powder\Serica\Poudre De Soie, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polyquaternium-11, Cetrimonium Chloride, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Lauramine Oxide, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Benzophenone-4, Trisodium HEDTA, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Phenoxyethanol, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Fragrance.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this for 70% off so the price wasn't terrible, but the original price is crazy for what you get. It's not amazingly moisturising, but at least it only weighs my hair down a little and does add a little moisture. It's got good anti-static properties. It doesn't thicken my hair at all, and since it does weigh my hair down a bit my hair looks thinner instead. It did nothing for my scraggly ends. Honestly, it's not terrible, but for that price I expected at least for it to have some great properties, not just "not terrible". Aussie Moist works better for me, even Garnier Whole Blends, for a fraction of the price.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have lots of very thin hair and this was a decent product although not a groundbreaking one. It does not weight my hair down too much, smells nice (fresh and not too strong) and the bottle will look great on the shelf in the bathroom but for the amount of money paid for it and with the B&B's brand stamp it should have been a much better product.

People with very thin hair should give this conditioner a go - who knows, it might be a good one for your hair. Get it only if you are being spendy. Otherwise I would miss it and buy a very lightweight spray leave-in one instead, especially if you are only after a weightless detangling.

I'm trying to grow out my hair at the moment so this would be a good everyday conditioner to protect it but I think it is way to expensive and cumbersome for everyday use.

B&B advises to leave it for a couple of minutes - have these people ever been in a rush in the morning, trying to get out through the door as fast as possible?! Lots of people (myself included) with thin hair wash it every morning because only fresh after washing, styling on a barrel brush our hair (especially when it is shorter) looks somewhat decent. And in the morning every minute is precious. I'm not going to waste this minute running around wet, tripping over the dog, trying to get ready, with conditioner-smothered hair. Usually when I'm ready to rinse it out, somebody else has already got up and is blocking the bathroom!

I usually skip the conditioner stage all together (thin hair cannot be too soft otherwise you look like a 4 year old with all the hair plastered onto the skull), preferring to rub a tiniest bit of the hair oil into the very ends of my hair to stop it going frizzy and a weekly deep conditioning with olive oil before washing. This keeps it healthy and protects the ends so that I am able to skip the conditioner all together.

on 11/12/2015 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm not sure why this isn't rated a little higher, but I really like this conditioner. I got a sample size of it so I've only used it once, but the first thing I noticed was the smell. It smells sooooo good, I can't even describe like what - it's very fresh and clean but also aromatic, I love it!!

My hair is naturally fine, but not thin - I have a lot of hair. I've been getting lots of frizz her in CO with winter now and this seems to help with that a bit. As claimed, it also thickens. I wouldn't say the thickening is dramatic, but I can certainly tell a difference which is saying something for any drug store product, even if higher end. Kinda pricey for the amount you get, but can probably be found cheaper online.

on 5/8/2015 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm happy to say this conditioner works for me, though from the reviews it appears to be hit or miss. My last stylist used this, so I was able to test run it a little bit before buying, which probably helped. I love the smell and the straightforward container that's easy to handle in the shower and stays pretty clean. It makes my hair soft and smooth but still light, and there's something about the formula that makes it easy to distribute evenly in my hair.

on 7/2/2015 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

(A lot of this is copied from my review on the Thickening Shampoo, as the results are similar.)

My hair is so fine, Mickey would lose his mind.

A feather would weigh it down and keep it down for the rest of the day. I've tried a few different "volumizing conditioners" and I feel like this is the one my hair responds to very well. It does become thicker and it does feel softer after use.

In using the product, I use a little bit more than a dime-sized amount, but only using it through the middle to the roots to not weigh down the top of my head. I find this helps to keep it from being too heavy, and also, the top of my head doesn't really need the conditioner as it doesn't tangle or get frizzy as much as the middle and roots. I do make sure to leave it on and alone for about 1-2 minutes before washing out, as the instructions recommend.

Now, because I do exercise 6 days a week, my hair does become greasier and finer after the first day. However, much less so than other shampoos/conditioners I've used and I typically don't use anything (hair spray, etc.) to maintain it. My hair also still gets frizzy after using this.

The $27/8 oz is a little steep (especially because it's $2 more than the shampoo), but as I really like it a lot, I do think I will be repurchasing and most likely in the 33.8 oz form on the Sephora website for a better value. I don't necessarily know if I find anything in this protects my hair as the description for it states, but it does work in thickening my hair.

Pros:

- Thickens hair as it states
- Softens hair
- Available in travel size (2 oz), regular size (8 oz), and jumbo/value size (33.8 oz)

Cons:

- Does not reduce flyaways or frizziness
- $2 more expensive than the shampoo in all sizes

on 10/22/2015 4:26:00 AM

This conditioner works for me, but I think it`s because my hair is actually thick, it`s just lost a little of its original thickness due to repeated colorings. It`s easy to use, even when I am in a rush and let it sit on my hair just a few minutes before rinsing, it still does the trick. I`m not as fond of the scent, it seems a little artificial and chemical-ish, but that is a personal preference. This gives my hair just enough bounce to make it look natural. So far this product and the Kerastase Densifique line work best for me, when I want more volume.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I thought that since I love B&B's Thickening Shampoo, that I would also love the Thickening Conditioner - WRONG.

It only made my hair the tiniest bit thicker - not enough to notice a change. I'll be trying B&B's other conditioners, to see if they suit my hair better (the Seaweed conditioner?)

I'm kind of disappointed - I thought that this matching shampoo & conditioner would go well together :-(

I used this in combination with the matching shampoo, which I also reviewed, and while the shampoo was dreadful this was at least adequate. It left my baby fine hair soft and easy to comb through, smelled nice and I love the Bumble and Bumble packaging. However, definitely not worth the money in my opinion so I would not repurchase or recommend to others.

on 9/24/2014 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really like this conditioner. I have normal, healthy hair, but a lot of it! My problem is that it's long and heavy, so I usually can't or don't use conditioner when I want to style my hair because it makes it smooth and really difficult to keep a hold. This conditioner keeps my hair healthy but also gives it a little pump of volume/thickness regardless of whether or not I blow-dry. This product is expensive, and for my long hair, I have to use a normal/large amount, so I try not to use it as my daily conditioner. That being said, I do like the conditioner much better than the shampoo, and I will probably purchase again until I find something that works better for a better price.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I bought the shampoo and conditioner. Have been on the lookout for a thickening type shampoo and condish for some time. best i have found is loreals volume filler something and i liked lush big but find it hard to use. anyway, this did nothing for me. no smoothing softness no volume it made my waves disappear-__-