Neutrogena Shine Control Makeup

Neutrogena Shine Control Makeup
Drugstore foundation swatches--outdoorShine Control MakeupShine Control MakeupShine Control Makeup

2.6

(Active Ingredients : Titanium Dioxide 3.2%) --- Water, Dimethicone, Methyl Trimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Seed Protein, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Alumina, Caprylyl Glycol, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Aluminium Stearate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Disodium EDTA, Sorbic Acid --- may contain (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77019/Mica, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So I have used Neutrogena before a few years back. I have very oily skin so I decided I would give it a try again. The shine control is non-existent. An hour after putting this on I have oily areas, mainly the T zone even with setting powder on! It doesn’t last me 8 hours, let alone the full day. I also don’t like that when I do blot my face, most of it comes off. For some reason it makes my mascara smear too, that’s how oily my face gets.
The price isn’t too bad, at least for a drugstore. It goes on easily & is pretty much full coverage. The bottle design is pretty old school, holding it upside down and trying to get the product out (like a ketchup bottle). Needless to say, I won’t be buying this again but may try another Neutrogena foundation.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Enhances oil. Never sets. The color matches perfect so it's a real disappointment but I can't get past oil. It seems to make it worse even.

I have combination/oily skin and am always battling hormonal acne. I'm also always on the look for that one product that I'll swear by for the rest of my life. This foundation isn't totally there, but it's pretty close! With my skin type and living in Miami (where we have 100% humidity), shine is a serious issue! And this foundation has been fantastic! I never reapply during the day; just maybe touch up with a bit of powder late in the afternoon. The coverage is good and the color matching is great. One review mentioned the texture - I see what they mean; it kind of has the texture of sunscreen. But it's not a problem to me.
I would definitely buy this again.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this product because it has a higher sunscreen protection with titanium dioxide then most other makeup.
The first complaint is the container. It is very difficult to get product to come out of the bottle. You have to hit it several times to get any makeup to come from container. I have had to keep the bottle upside down to keep liquid to the top of bottle.

The second complaint is the texture when applying feels gritty. I do use a moisturizer under my makeup.

I do like the fact that it is not shiny and color is good. I would buy again if the packaging were better and the texture was smoother.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Terrible!! My face looks orange (it oxidizes) and shiny (bad oil control) in less than one hour when I wear it! There are much better DS products!

on 11/28/2015 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Ugh. I really don't like this foundation. I used it a few years ago and still remember that weird scrub texture. Yes, it's like wearing a scrub on your face. There are little beads in it and while you can't see them, they feel weird and can be super irritating if you have sensitive skin or existing acne. I found it was downright painful over zits.

Foundation is my one splurge and for oil control I love MUFE Mat Velvet or Estée Lauder Double Wear, but for drugstore there are so many better options than this-Revlon Colorstay is the jam, and LOreal Infalliable 24 Hour Matte Foundation is great too! Don't buy this, it's not worth the price and it's a disappointment. For 12 dollars I would go with Cover Girl Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 or even Rimmel Stay Matte, which is only six bucks. Anything, anything but this. If you must have Neutrogena then do the Healthy Skin Foundation.

This product is a minimum-medium coverage but more minimum than medium. I bought it in classic ivory 10, the color matches really well, however it covers nothing. I have acne prone skin, its oily and dry; this product would be good for oily skin if you don't have acne or acne scars. If you have them I do not recommend this because you can see scars and they look gross. It makes your skin look very sandy. The only positive things about this product it the color and its easy to apply and you don't look oily...you look sandy...as far as oxidation goes I don't know because I haven't had it on long enough to tell, I just had to review it now because it is an awful product. however there are more negative than positives so I will not be using this product again, I'm actually going to return it to the drug store in which I bought.

on 10/14/2015 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This was an okay foundation. I didn't notice any particularly great shine control properties over any of my others. It is very thick and I had to use a small makeup brush to get it out each time. It was easier than shaking it out. Took me a couple months to use up and I wear foundation daily. Smells a bit strong but it goes away quickly. Wear is a solid medium coverage and it wears about as well as my others. Overall, it's a middle of the road foundation. It didn't offend me nor wow me so much I'm running back to buy more. It is a bit expensive for drug store, in my opinion, but there are the sales and coupons that help.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was hoping this product would control shine, and, on the plus side, it did a little better than other drugstore options. But the shine still appeared halfway through the day, and then makeup started to settle into lines, just like many cheaper foundations. The color options were good, very neutral, not too orangey or peachy. But any good aspects weren't enough to offset the grainy texture of this liquid and the terrible packaging. The liquid is almost like an exfoliating liquid and it feels very strange if you apply it with your fingers (although the graininess is only felt, you don't see it on your face.) The opening of the bottle is very small, and the liquid is somewhat thick, so you can only get a tiny bit at a time, which makes application a pain. Because of the grainy texture, I doubt a pump would work, but a large bottle opening would be a big help.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

So I have just purchased this product and I am currently testing it to see how it compares to my all time favorite foundation, Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H. I am 110 Ivoire C in the Lancome foundation and I selected the lightest shade, classic ivory (10), in the Neutrogena Shine Control foundation. I feel like the Neutrogena foundation has a bit more of a yellow tint to it than my Lancome, but I like the color. It looks quite nice against my pale skin. I applied 1 layer of the foundation with a real techniques stippling brush and it blended into my skin very easily and gave a good medium to full coverage. I do have hyperpigmentation and acne to cover and this covered most of it. I just used a little concealer on top of this in a couple spots around my nose and mouth and finished it off with a setting powder. I really like the look of this foundation upon application. It feels light weight (even though the product itself is pretty thick) and leaves you with a flawless matte finish. It does not look cakey, and I don't feel a grainy texture with the formula like some of the other reviewers have mentioned. It also does not have a scent to it. I'm interested to see how this holds up and whether it will break me out since I have very oily skin. (I'll do an update shortly!) So far I am very pleased with the outcome and the only negative comment I have about this product is the bottle it comes in - it would be great if there was a pump!
UPDATE: After 4 hours in 75 degree weather, my foundation still provides full coverage and is just starting to look dewy. It does not look overly oily but just like a healthy glow.
UPDATE: After 12 hours of wear, I only had to powder my face once. I do look pretty oily across my cheeks and on my nose this evening, but overall I'd say this is a pretty good drugstore foundation. It has medium to full coverage, and the finish is nice upon application. I really like the color and feel. It is super light weight even though the formula is a thick consistency. Gives a flawless look for about $12.

Overall:
PROS:
-this shade has a yellow/golden tone that looks nice on the skin
-lightweight
-gorgeous upon initial application
-blends into the skin well
-no fragrance
-no skin irritation
-medium to full coverage

CONS
-product is thick and takes a long time to come out of the bottle
-doesn't always set completely (I was able to touch my face and wipe off some makeup the whole day)
-did look a bit oily after 12 hours