Sephora Rouge Shine (All Shades)

Sephora  Rouge Shine (All Shades)

3.8

on 1/12/2016 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love red and berry lipstick. But, as the sunlight was shining in the front windows of Sephora, I was really drawn to Big Spender. This one shocked me, when I tried it at home. Beautiful, next to nothing, but enough. The web site describes it as tawny pink, with iridescence. That just doesn't begin. I love it!
If you're interested in karoin's shade in the photo above, she shared with me it's #34, Royal Wedding. Gotta have this one!

on 10/16/2015 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I usually wear bold, matte lipstick and I have used Sephora lipstick in the past and loved it. I grabbed this one accidentally, thinking it was the matte, long lasting one I usually wear.

This one is pretty sheer and very glossy. Something I would normally not wear. I actually kind of like this one though. It goes on smoothly, it's moisturizing, very glossy and smells great. It isn't sticky in the way most lip gloss is. It doesn't last that long and it is a little sheer, but I find that great for a day in the office. I would not wear it on a night out, because I would not feel the confidence bold red lipstick gives me.

All in all, I will continue wearing it during the day and I will probably go back for more shades.

To Read all 24 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/26/2015 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

OMG, nobody told me Sephora was actually making good makeup! I got 2 of these in N37 (Sweet Dreams) and N11 (Love Letter). Sweet Dreams is a browny pink with pink shimmer throughout that hugs my lips wonderfully. Love letter is a medium pink that is beautiful on me. My complexion is NW45 for reference. I love that I wised up to the fact that Sephora was making good lipsticks. Will definitely repurchase when I run out.

on 5/12/2015 12:05:00 AM

My go-to lipstick these days. I have it in Mulberry. The texture is glossy and very moisturizing; the colour stays on as a very pretty stain even after the initial application has worn off. It never wears off in a patchy way, never flakes. Keeps my lips in good condition. I'll be buying this again, and it's very reasonably priced which is nice.

on 5/10/2015 7:44:00 AM

So far I have this in the pale pink Loves Spell #14 & #47 Heartbreaker...a beautiful glossy violet purple. I love the lipstick / gloss hybrid look & feel. These are perfect for summer. I could not love these colors more. That said...be careful. Some of the other shades have glitter in them..these two are just glossy. You can tell the glittery ones by the sparkle shown on the bottom of the tube in the color showing spot.

on 3/23/2015 1:59:00 PM

I have this lipstick in a few shades but my favorite is probably #13, Forever Yours. I've repurchased this shade a few times already! It's the perfect everyday neutral pink, warm toned and more brown than red, which I appreciate. This formula is super creamy and moisturizing, and lasts a good while considering the price. Great way to play around with shades without committing to a $30+ price tag!

on 3/20/2015 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I was looking for a daily lipstick which wasn't too bright (hence 'daily') and blended with my natural lip colour yet still portrayed that 'lipstick' look. I found one by M.A.C, however, my need for it wasn't a $70 need. I have the lipstick entitled 'forever yours' or N° 13. I would definitely purchase this product again. it wasn't extremely expensive ($70) however with $15.50 every time it runs out (hopefully in 3+ months).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I tried this in the color "loveable" and the actual color is super pretty. It's very subtle shiny pink. It's a great match with nearly any eye look. Enough pigment to notice it on your lips. It's perfect for a nude lip that doesn't look stark or dry. The packaging is nice as well. Chic black.

This is actually fairly moisturizing, but it doesn't have the staying power that I'd expect from paying $15 for. While this product really doesn't suck, I feel like you'd get the same wear out of any lipgloss. It would be nice if it had a little more long lasting shine. This may also be my lips sucking the moisture out of the product cause are fairly dry as with the rest of my skin. Even with that being said, I still would get better wear, shine and color from my mac lipglass, or even my elf essential which for some reason I really love.

on 8/15/2014 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Love:
The texture, it moisturized well without being too glossy (shiny), it doesn't offer much colour (coverage) and #37 matches me so good, I just need something to even out my lips a bit.

Hate:
The smell, at first it smells like somewhat of an artificial white grape scent, but within a month or so, it kind of oxidized and started to smell like an ashtray.

Still, I can overlooked the scent (disappeared after a few minutes) and will continue to re-purchase provided the formula remains the same.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This is a really nice change from super pigmented lipsticks that require more care in application. It is very moisturizing, non-drying more like a highly tinted/pigmented lip balm than a lipstick, really. It gives a great amount of color to enhance the lips in whatever shade you choose, but doesn't become opaque. I have the colors "Secret Affair" (a coral shade) and "Heartbreaker" (a blue-based purple shade) which both are very wearable looking, not obnoxiously bright or obvious. I would recommend this if you want something non-drying, easy to apply, and subtle.