Sephora Rouge Shine (All Shades)

Sephora  Rouge Shine (All Shades)
Rouge Shine (All Shades)

3.8

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have several of these, I love them all! They all have medium-sheer color with a lot of shine. I have a few of the shimmery shades which are beautiful and don't look too frosty on the lips. They feel more oily than waxy and are slightly moisturizing. They are not long lasting but that is to be expected. There is a large selection of shades, from neutral to brights. If you're looking for a lovely wash of color and shine, check these out!

on 2/22/2017 2:39:00 PM

I have three of these which I got on sale from Sephora.com for $5 apiece. I have Loveable which is a sheer light-to-medium pink; Soulmate, dubbed as a sheer mulberry; and Sweet Dreams, described as a shimmery sheer rose brown.

I absolutely love Sweet Dreams, as it's a very MLBB hue, and the shimmer is very subtle. If that ran out, I'd replace it most definitely. The other two are good -- I prefer the mulberry shade over the pink -- and I do like them, but they're not as in line with my tastes as Sweet Dreams. They're not bad, just not at the head of the pack.

The formula is thin and comfortable, and there's a slight scent and flavor. The flavor is sweet and I can't quite describe it. It's a bit fruity, perhaps, but doesn't taste like cough syrup in its sweetness. The scent fades fast. Wear time is decent. It's a sheer shine formula so it's not going to wear like iron, but it's good and comfortable and easy to reapply without a mirror.

The three I have are all buildable, too, so one can opt for a layer for a hint of color and shine, or add more layers for more impact. Others in the line might be more pigmented, but I'm not sure. I'm more likely to pick more of these up when they're marked $5 (online; I'm not sure if they're ever marked down in store) as opposed to the regular $12.50. I like these, but they're not essential enough to merit paying full price. Well, except for Sweet Dreams. I'd make an exception for that one.

on 2/11/2017 3:13:00 PM

Rouge Shine #11 (Love Letter) is a perfect MLBB color for me. I love to have some color on my lips, because I think it brightens my face - but I generally want it to look natural. I don't want it to scream "I'M WEARING LIPSTICK". For me, this color and formula works perfectly. I have found it lasts several hours if you aren't eating/drinking, etc.

The only negative for me is the smell. I HATE the smell. Fortunately the smell dissipates pretty quickly - otherwise it would be a deal breaker.

on 1/12/2016 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love red and berry lipstick. But, as the sunlight was shining in the front windows of Sephora, I was really drawn to Big Spender. This one shocked me, when I tried it at home. Beautiful, next to nothing, but enough. The web site describes it as tawny pink, with iridescence. That just doesn't begin. I love it!
If you're interested in karoin's shade in the photo above, she shared with me it's #34, Royal Wedding. Gotta have this one!

on 10/16/2015 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I usually wear bold, matte lipstick and I have used Sephora lipstick in the past and loved it. I grabbed this one accidentally, thinking it was the matte, long lasting one I usually wear.

This one is pretty sheer and very glossy. Something I would normally not wear. I actually kind of like this one though. It goes on smoothly, it's moisturizing, very glossy and smells great. It isn't sticky in the way most lip gloss is. It doesn't last that long and it is a little sheer, but I find that great for a day in the office. I would not wear it on a night out, because I would not feel the confidence bold red lipstick gives me.

All in all, I will continue wearing it during the day and I will probably go back for more shades.

on 9/26/2015 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

OMG, nobody told me Sephora was actually making good makeup! I got 2 of these in N37 (Sweet Dreams) and N11 (Love Letter). Sweet Dreams is a browny pink with pink shimmer throughout that hugs my lips wonderfully. Love letter is a medium pink that is beautiful on me. My complexion is NW45 for reference. I love that I wised up to the fact that Sephora was making good lipsticks. Will definitely repurchase when I run out.

on 5/12/2015 12:05:00 AM

My go-to lipstick these days. I have it in Soul Mate/Mulberry. The texture is glossy and very moisturizing; the colour stays on as a very pretty stain even after the initial application has worn off. It never wears off in a patchy way, never flakes. Keeps my lips in good condition. I'll be buying this again, and it's very reasonably priced which is nice.

on 5/10/2015 7:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So far I have this in the pale pink Loves Spell #14 & #47 Heartbreaker...a beautiful glossy violet purple. I love the lipstick / gloss hybrid look & feel. These are perfect for summer. I could not love these colors more. That said...be careful. Some of the other shades have glitter in them..these two are just glossy. You can tell the glittery ones by the sparkle shown on the bottom of the tube in the color showing spot.

on 3/23/2015 1:59:00 PM

I have this lipstick in a few shades but my favorite is probably #13, Forever Yours. I've repurchased this shade a few times already! It's the perfect everyday neutral pink, warm toned and more brown than red, which I appreciate. This formula is super creamy and moisturizing, and lasts a good while considering the price. Great way to play around with shades without committing to a $30+ price tag!

on 3/20/2015 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I was looking for a daily lipstick which wasn't too bright (hence 'daily') and blended with my natural lip colour yet still portrayed that 'lipstick' look. I found one by M.A.C, however, my need for it wasn't a $70 need. I have the lipstick entitled 'forever yours' or N° 13. I would definitely purchase this product again. it wasn't extremely expensive ($70) however with $15.50 every time it runs out (hopefully in 3+ months).