Avon Precision Grip Teardrop Blender

Price: $

on 10/26/2012 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got a Beauty Blender some months ago and I love it. It is one of the tools I can rely on to deliver great results (good coverage, speedy application and a natural look) when applying liquid foundation. But the Beauty Blender sure is pricey for a sponge - and one with, from all I have read, a fairly limited lifespan (unlike a foundation brush, for example, which can last years and years). So imagine how thrilled I was to read the great reviews for this similar type sponge from Avon. I got 2 of them earlier this week and I couldn't be more pleased. I don't know if they're made of the same material(s) as the original Beauty Blender but they sure perform just as well. The shape isn't really a "tear-drop" - it's more a fat hourglass with a pointed tip but the slightly different shape doesn't affect how it performs in any negative way. It does feel a bit more dense. In my experience, it doesn't seem to soak up any more foundation than the BB does but I dot my foundation onto my face using my finger-tips and then blend with the sponge, only applying a small bit onto the base of the sponge to help with seamless blending.

This are just over $6.00 CDN when not on sale but I'll be checking the Avon flyers and if these do go on sale, I'll purchase a few more. In my experience, this sponge works every bit as well as the original Beauty Blender and while it had a bit of a funny smell when I first opened it, that went away with a light washing. The huge price difference really does make this sponge an excellent purchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Avon's Precision Grip Teardrop Blender is their version of the much loved, but quite expensive Beauty Blender. Avon calls their dupe the "secret to complexion perfection" The Precision Grip Blender has a "unique shape and suede like texture that helps blend makeup seamlessly by eliminating visible lines and streaks". This beauty toll is made of polyurethane. I'm not sure where this sponge was made. My Avon lady/neighbor gave this blender to me for free, it retails for $4.99 and can be bought online or ordering via your local Avon rep.
This blender came double wrapped in plastic with no other packaging to speak of. The sponge is soft and squishy, fun to play with. Its just about the same color as the true Beauty Blender, a Barbie pink. Avon girls 2 3/8" x 1 5/8" as the dimensions, I measured it and that's just about accurate. The spongy polyurethane tool can be used wet or dry, it expands when used wet. The shape isn't exactly what I would call "tear drop". Actually I really hate the name of this product, it sounds depressing, like it would blend your tears away. I'd call the blender egg shape and nips in at the middle. The bottom of the blender is rounded and the tip comes to a very small point. It kinda looks like a nipple. Lolz. I really shouldn't joke about the nipple-like point though, because it's quite useful.
As I mentioned in the previous paragraph, Avon's Precision Grip Blender can be used wet or dry. I've always loved using a wet cosmetic wedge or sponge to apply my liquid foundations, so I always use this tool moistened.I use the sides to apply foundation in a combination of rolling and patting motions over most of my face, then switch to the tip to blend in smaller areas. This sponge applies and blends foundation so beautifully, it's hard to explain. I will never use a wedge again unless I really have to. That's a shame cause I just bought a brand new pack too. I also use this blending sponge to apply concealer, applying product with the tip, then bouncing the rounded bottom over it to blend it out. Once again, the finish is natural and flawless. This blender can be used with a multitude of products; cream, liquid, and wet to dry foundations, concealers, highlighters, blushes, and bronzers. I've even seen a Beauty Blender used damp to apply loose powder for fuller coverage. This is a truly multi-functional tool.
How do you care for Avon's Precision Grip Teardrop Blender? Beauty Blender makes a special cleanser for these beauty sponges, I'm currently using a sample of that product to clean my blender, but you can use simple, everyday dish or hand soap. I've washed my blender four times and its still good as new. Its easy to rinse the product out of this sponge. I should mention real quick that this sponge will absorb product during use, I find that I need to use 1/3 more foundation or BB cream when I use this sponge.
I love Avon's Precision Grip Teardrop Blender. Love it. Its become one of my favorite beauty tools. I don't even want to touch another cosmetic wedge again. The shape is unique and it works wonders. A great multi functional tool definitely worth the five bucks. Why spend $20 on the Beauty Blender, or $11 on Sonia Kashuk's version. I'm going to buy another one of these. I highly recommend this tool. Your foundation will never have a more flawless finish.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love love LOVE this sponge! Its almost as good as my BeautyBlender, but the shape is taking a little getting used to. It blends my Anew Transforming Foundation to a completely flawless finish and is also amazing for blending the setting powder once everything is on.
Just be sure to soak and squeeze it prior to using or it will gobble up all your product. If you don't feel comfortable shelling out for the BeautyBlender or want to save mileage on your BeautyBlender, use this baby! Well worth the 6.99$ price.
I'm buying three more (on top of the two I just bought.)

on 6/30/2012 10:45:00 PM

This stuff is amazing! Right now is $4.99 introductory $ my sis is a Avon representative. Pm for more details! ;)

Popular Misc Beauty Tools