Avon Precision Grip Teardrop Blender

Precision Grip Teardrop Blender

on 10/26/2012 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got a Beauty Blender some months ago and I love it. It is one of the tools I can rely on to deliver great results (good coverage, speedy application and a natural look) when applying liquid foundation. But the Beauty Blender sure is pricey for a sponge - and one with, from all I have read, a fairly limited lifespan (unlike a foundation brush, for example, which can last years and years). So imagine how thrilled I was to read the great reviews for this similar type sponge from Avon. I got 2 of them earlier this week and I couldn't be more pleased. I don't know if they're made of the same material(s) as the original Beauty Blender but they sure perform just as well. The shape isn't really a "tear-drop" - it's more a fat hourglass with a pointed tip but the slightly different shape doesn't affect how it performs in any negative way. It does feel a bit more dense. In my experience, it doesn't seem to soak up any more foundation than the BB does but I dot my foundation onto my face using my finger-tips and then blend with the sponge, only applying a small bit onto the base of the sponge to help with seamless blending.

This are just over $6.00 CDN when not on sale but I'll be checking the Avon flyers and if these do go on sale, I'll purchase a few more. In my experience, this sponge works every bit as well as the original Beauty Blender and while it had a bit of a funny smell when I first opened it, that went away with a light washing. The huge price difference really does make this sponge an excellent purchase.

on 10/20/2012 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

GREAT!
Again, why pay 20 bucks for the Beauty Blender or 10 bucks for Sonia's at Target ??

The girls are all getting one of these in their Christmas Stocking this year :)

on 6/30/2012 10:45:00 PM

This stuff is amazing! Right now is $4.99 introductory $ my sis is a Avon representative. Pm for more details! ;)

Popular Misc Beauty Tools