Avon Precision Grip Teardrop Blender

Filtered by age: 44-55
Avon Precision Grip Teardrop Blender
Precision Grip Teardrop Blender

on 11/13/2012 9:55:00 AM

I am in love with this! I have not been much for applying makeup with sponges or brushes. I have much preferred using my fingers. I just always felt I got the best results that way. The last few months, however, I have been buying sponge wedges and using them for blending my foundation at the edges. I liked that. I also found that for my Revlon Colorstay Combination/Oily formula (which I alternate with the Normal/Dry, depending on what my skin is doing), I actually did like to use a sponge. I was intrigued when I read about the Beauty Blender, but no way would I spend the money for that. It's a sponge, first of all, thus seeming overpriced, and I was afraid I wouldn't like it. But when I read about this, I decided to give it a try. I bought it from the Avon website for $4.99. (I always wait for free shipping w/$10 before I order from there). I am amazed at how much I love it. It really makes my foundation look flawless. I use it dry. I have used it with both of my Colorstay formulas, and also with my Revlon Photoready foundation. Beautiful. The results are smooth and flawless looking. I also have been using it to apply powder over my foundation, too. I use the pointed end to do foundation, then flip it over to the fat end, dip it in my powder, and apply with that. Love it for that, too. Mine did get stained right away, which is ok. I do wash it after each use, but I imagine that the long wearing properties of the Colorstay make it hard to wash out. Not sure, but oh well. I plan to order a few more of these soon. Avon is notorious for discontinuing products, and I want to build up a stash of these.

on 10/26/2012 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got a Beauty Blender some months ago and I love it. It is one of the tools I can rely on to deliver great results (good coverage, speedy application and a natural look) when applying liquid foundation. But the Beauty Blender sure is pricey for a sponge - and one with, from all I have read, a fairly limited lifespan (unlike a foundation brush, for example, which can last years and years). So imagine how thrilled I was to read the great reviews for this similar type sponge from Avon. I got 2 of them earlier this week and I couldn't be more pleased. I don't know if they're made of the same material(s) as the original Beauty Blender but they sure perform just as well. The shape isn't really a "tear-drop" - it's more a fat hourglass with a pointed tip but the slightly different shape doesn't affect how it performs in any negative way. It does feel a bit more dense. In my experience, it doesn't seem to soak up any more foundation than the BB does but I dot my foundation onto my face using my finger-tips and then blend with the sponge, only applying a small bit onto the base of the sponge to help with seamless blending.

This are just over $6.00 CDN when not on sale but I'll be checking the Avon flyers and if these do go on sale, I'll purchase a few more. In my experience, this sponge works every bit as well as the original Beauty Blender and while it had a bit of a funny smell when I first opened it, that went away with a light washing. The huge price difference really does make this sponge an excellent purchase.

on 10/20/2012 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

GREAT!
Again, why pay 20 bucks for the Beauty Blender or 10 bucks for Sonia's at Target ??

The girls are all getting one of these in their Christmas Stocking this year :)

on 6/11/2012 6:49:00 PM

I just got this last week and I love it. I have never purchased the actual beauty blender so I can't compare it to that. This blender however does an amazing job blending in my foundation. I like it better than using my 187 brush. The price compared to the actual blender is excellent. I am going to order another one of these sponges just in case they don't carry them for very long. Price is good, so if you have been tempted to try the beauty blender but don't want to spend that much on a sponge, I say give this a try. I also want to add that I do not sell Avon, I am just a customer.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools