NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat Liquid Foundation - Ivory

2.8

I only have one good thing to say about this foundation--the shade was a perfect match.

Other than that, this was horrible. It was soooo thick, even after shaking it like the directions said it still was hard to apply. Not only that, but it did not "stay matte" on me at all! My face was greasy by lunchtime, and it just felt heavy and gross. Will never, ever repurchase.

I bought this foundation because of the shade- I like to find and try new pale yellow toned foundations. I'm around NC10 with yellow/olive undertones, somewhere between NARS SG Siberia and Gobi. "Ivory" looked a bit orangey at first, but once I blended it into my skin (using beauty blender) it looked really pretty and "natural". The coverage is light to medium.

BUT this effect was only possible when I used it on top of brightening primer- L'Oréal Lumi Magique. On its own this foundation can look cakey and accentuate dry areas of my skin. It took me a while to figure out how to make it look best because at first I didn't like it at all. However, it's not long lasting- by the end of the day it wore off my nose where I wear glasses (as most foundations).

It's a decent product and the shade is almost perfect for me- definitely not the best foundation I've used but I don't regret my purchase. Wouldn't repurchase it though.

I just bought it because i needed a new foundation and the foundation i usually use is just too expensive for me now.
I have the lightest shade (ivory), and at first it looked really yellow but when i applied it, it matched my skin perfectly.
I won't say this is matte foundation, but not dewy either, it gives me more like a natural glow/finish.
Im not really sure what i think about it yet, but it looked really good when i first put it on and did cover all lot of my acne and made my skin look even.. But at the same time it didn't really cover my redness, it kinda shines through.

Positive things:
- Its not drying which is very good
- its easy to blend on your skin
- I would recommend using a beauty blender instead of a brush, because it looks more natural
- when i first applied it, it looked really natural and almost like i didn't wear anything at all (it looked like skin, which is a good thing)
- its very inexpensive
- i think this foundation will fit anyone, but if you have a lot of redness og acne dont expect it to cover everything.
- okay foundation for everyday use for school/work or days when u dont have that many plans but you still wanna wear some makeup

negative things:
- after a couple hours it started to wear off and look a little bit cakey which sucks
- i have dry skin and never really get oily from a foundation, but got a little bit oily from this one actually

after all i think it an okay foundation, and i will probably continue using it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have been combing through various foundations to find one that has a great matte lasting power, where it feels light on my face and doesn't run off by the end of the day. For me, this is a hit and miss in some areas.

Coverage- This is a sheer, light coverage, but it can be built up to an extent without looking too caked on. I usually use a stippling brush with it, because I find if I make any sort of circular motions with this product, it tends to streak.

The finish depends entirely on how many layers you've put on, with the bare minimum it creates a similar dewy effect to Urban Decay's Naked, but it becomes more on the matte looking side if you've added another layer or two.

Color- At first I was a little put off by the color. I tried to get in the lightest shade to match my paler tone, but it appears to be a rather yellow color. Once blended on the face however, it wasn't entirely horrible, but I think it oxidizes to a more warm, orange-like tone after a few hours, so it's not the most ideal color for pale skin, but if you have warmer undertones, you can probably get away with it, especially if you add a lighter concealer.

Irritations- My skin is usually very sensitive to most products, and with this it seems to do fine, there are no breakouts with it or more oily skin than usual as a result.

Overall, is this the best matte foundation in the world? Probably not. But for an every-day application with a nice easy squeeze tube, it's quick, it's easy, it blends and settles nicely, and stays on pretty decently throughout the day, I think it's pretty good, and I would purchase it again.

personally seems to me very good coverage , nome leaves skin at all greasy or dry , my skin looks completely matte ; even I do not .my skin is not fat. usual, with cold weather is dry . but seriously it is a very good basis and if you have many imperfections is fine.in the city where I live this crazy weather we have all the seasons in one day and make me look good , of course you have to twea...
Más

I'm not real sure why but this foundation seems to dry out my skin, even when I moisturize before and after applying it. I have also tried using a NYX primer to see if that would help and I have no such luck. I love NYX cosmetics but this was a little disappointing for me. Was expecting so much better since most of the products I buy from this line are just sooo amazing!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I don't hate it but I feel like it flakes off and doesn't really apply well. It matches my skin tone well enough and seems to have a good variety of colours.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Kinky, Fine

I really don't like this foundation. The worst foundation I have tried, and I have tried lots - worse then the true match foundation. The colour match was pretty good on my pale skin - just a little dark. When it went on, it had patches where it looked super cakey, but it did offer quite a lot of coverage. It lasted less than four hours on me, and melted off of my face within that time. I used a primer for oily skin, and it still didn't work. It came off in random patches around my face. After around 2 hours, I had absolutely no product left on my nose.
I have normal skin with a oily t-zone, and it broke off everywhere.
The foundation does not give a matte finish - its more dewy. this is good because it doesn't make your makeup look completely flat.
It's not good for people with oily or dry skin. I really don't know who this would be good for. I definitely won't recommend or be repurchasing this at all.

Check out my first impression on this foundation

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This foundation is amazing for oily skin tones but it is not good enough coverage to me even with powder and concealer. I need full coverage. But that being said it is great for a summer day when you don't want full coverage but want to stay matte. Definitely need the matte powder over the top though. There isn't many colour options either. Still decent.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this foundation because I felt the need for a lighter coverage as opposed to what my other daily foundation was offering me.
PROS:
Good price, I bought it in Germany for 7,99 Euros
Does not feel heavy on the skin
The smell is not bad
Considering how pale I am, I can rarely find a brand that matches my skin, but Ivory worked wonderful on me
CONS:
This is NOT a full coverage foundation, more like medium coverage
Oxidizes after a few hours depending on the weather and temperature
It is NOT a matte foundation, considering the fact that I have sensitive dry/combination skin, this foundation made my face oily after every application
Gets cakey when you use a setting powder
If you have redness on your face, a concealer is mandatory

Overall, it is not a bad foundation,I've seen worse, but it is for someone who doesn't need heavy coverage

UPDATE: If you have a full coverage foundation that is overly drying for your skin, you can use the NYX SMBNF to make it a little more hidrating.