St.Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
St.Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse

4.3

Water (Aqua), Dihydroxyacetone, Ethoxydiglycol, Caramel, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, PPG-5-Cereth-20, Decyl Glucoside, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum (Fragrance), Melanin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Aloe barbadensis leaf juice, Citric Acid, Linalool, Alpha-isomethylionone, CI 14700 (Red 4), CI 19140 (Yellow 5) CI 42090 (Blue 1)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This self-tanner is so natural looking, you'll never look orange. It's easy to apply (with a mitt!), dries quickly, and doesn't bleed onto clothes or sheets. It looks green and dirty when you apply it to your skin, but it absorbs overnight into a nice, dark glow. The only issue I have is the application to hands and feet. It should be done last with residual mousse left on the mitt and rinsed off. It's a bit pricey but definitely worth it. I've repurchased it twice. It's much better than the Original (too light) and Express (not always natural looking).

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Comparable to the bondi sands fake tanner, more accessible as I can buy this at the drugstore. Absolutely love the green based tan it complements my olive skin tone. Looks natural and not to smelly. Takes about 30 mins to dry and it’s not streaky if applied with a tanning mitt. Love this tan!!! My go-to when I’m feeling like looking less pale.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This stuff definitely turned me dark! But the color.. It looked orange in certain lighting/pictures. I have olive skin, so I have to be very careful with the slightest bit of an orange tint (i'll look jersey shore)

I loved the application though. Smell wasn't bad. You have to be careful not to get any water on you during those first 8 hours. It faded great, lasted a long time.. Yea, the only thing that was off was the color.

on 3/10/2015 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Is this for real? I can't live without this stuff! As a makeup artist, it was really pleasing to see the green tint that it had upon application as a counteracting color to yellows and oranges. I got a sample where I work and I've applied it to my legs and have yet to wash it off to see the result but I know it's going to be wonderful because I did a very sheer layer and I can see the color. it's the furthest from orange self tanner that I have ever used. Its on the pricey side but you might as well go to the salon and pay 50 or 60 bucks for a spray tan which in my opinion isn't even as good. Whatever you do, by the applicator mit for 6 or 8 dollars whatever it is. After rubbing up and down my calves my hands are Brown.

on 4/15/2014 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Finally. No orange, no yellow, no "it looks passable I guess". I can honestly say I was losing hope for all self tanners. I've read so many reviews for tanners that claimed they were natural looking and whatever. I'd buy said self tan, and find out that it's just like the rest of the orange tans. My search for the perfect tanner has at last come to end. This tanner looks like my olive skin if I was tanning in the sun. It doesn't get more natural than that. Goes on with a green color guide, and washes off to a beautiful natural olive brown. I wouldn't call it darker than the normal version, it's just far more natural looking. No streaks, no patchiness. Just perfect, even color. As for the smell, it's a tastefully light floral scent that dissipates. I couldn't smell the classic "DHA" self tan smell unless I put my face up to my skin. This tanner gets an A+ as far as the product goes. The packaging leaks, I have to carefully remove the cap as to not decorate my surroundings with dark green spots. Then there's the $45 price tag... *sigh*

Ok, I've been wanting to try this particular tanning product for almost a year now & after extensive research resulting in fantastic reviews I finally justified spending the money on it ($50-$60 Aus) I've been fake tanning my pale but olive skin for 9 years & never had an experience quite like this one. I applied it accordingly, exfoliating & moisturising dry areas before application. I also shaved my legs the day pryer to avoid it seeping into my pores. The mousse applied like a dream, as usual using my tanning mitt to smooth it over my skin, the colour guard made it easy to ensure even coverage. I put on a generous coat, starting with my legs & working up to my arms so i dont get creases on my stomach from bending down to reach my feet. I use whats left over on my mitt after tanning my legs to do my feet & knees, same for my hands & face after doing my upper body. I ended up feeling very sticky! It's smelt lovely for the 1st few hours but did eventually get the tell tale fake tan smell. I applied it before bed & when I woke up I was a gorgeous deep natural brown! Sooo excited!! In the shower even after the colour guard washed I was still pleased with my considerably darker skin! Looking in the mirror afterwards I was a different shade completely & far more golden than brown... I was a little concerned but still reasonably happy with the result! It wasn't until I went outside in natural sunlight that I realised how incredibly unnatural I looked. I resembled, with a little St Tropez gold skin illuminator a Egyptian Goddess! (That sounds awesome right?) Glowing a deep golden bronzed YELLOW, I felt radio active! It was beautiful but definitely very unnatural even without the illuminator that I only applied later that day hoping it would make it appear that's just the look I was going for. On my trip to the shopping centre before I had applied the illuminator I noticed people staring at me (still hoping I was paranoid) out of interest, I asked several random women of varying ages there honest opinions on what they thought about my tan. All of them saying along the lines of its a "nice" colour but obviously UNNATURAL.

In conclusion although I admittedly LOVED the colour unfortunately it's not for me. I can understand the great reviews & how it would work for different people but I want a tan that looks natural not supernatural!

If you don't mind looking mystical or your already naturally tanned & want an intense golden glow this would look stunning! As for me I will continue my search for that perfect DARK NATURAL looking fake tan & when I find it I will be sure to let you all know! 😊

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

As an avid user of the original St Tropez Bronzing Mousse, when the dark version came out I thought it was a dream come true! As I have olive skin, it would take a couple of layers at least of the original product to show up, but the dark mousse requires only one layer and I'm good to go. Its scent is slightly stronger than the original, and application proves to be a little more difficult. I wouldn't attempt to use this without a mitt (your hands would probably turn black!), and you have to move quickly, as this dries much quicker than the original mousse. Also, the dark full size mousse is 200ml, where the original one is 220ml, but I guess since it's more concentrated you're getting value for your money. Although it's difficult to work with, once you've practised and mastered the technique, this product is well worth it :)