St.Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse

Filtered by eye Color : Green
St.Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse

3.8

Water (Aqua), Dihydroxyacetone, Ethoxydiglycol, Caramel, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, PPG-5-Cereth-20, Decyl Glucoside, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum (Fragrance), Melanin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Aloe barbadensis leaf juice, Citric Acid, Linalool, Alpha-isomethylionone, CI 14700 (Red 4), CI 19140 (Yellow 5) CI 42090 (Blue 1)

on 6/24/2016 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I used St. Tropez about 5 years ago with good results. I used a lotion not the mouse. I usually get a spray tan applied but thought I would try this on my own. The tan doesn't look streaky or orange but does smell and I have a rash all over my body from head to toe. I had a major reaction to this. I don't have sensitive skin and have used self tanners in the past with no reaction. I am taking this back.

on 8/15/2014 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really cant understand the rave reviews on this!! In all my years of constant fake tanning ive never used one so awful. Ive tried every one out there. The original st tropez mousse is good. But this omg.. The colour isnt even dark its this greeny strange colour- its apparently suppose to be green so that when u wash off the guide colour a nice deep natural tan is left. Just no. Most of it washes away. U cant do two layers (like i do with all other tans) as it wont stick in just goes odd. It goes on blotchy and patchy and is VERY sticky even half hour after tanning, the only ok thing is it doesnt smell bad as some. Ive tried everything to try to make this work, but its going in the bin. this cost me £38 and i MUCHHH prefer St Moriz dark mousse which is darker, a nicer colour, is never sticky even 5mins after applying, lasts ages, and only costs £4!!!

on 11/18/2013 10:33:00 PM

Although I'm a redhead and allergy prone, I don't tend to be allergic to many beauty products. I spot tested this product on my arm and neck before applying it all over, and I didn't have any reaction. However, after fully applying it everywhere, I got hives. It was pretty awful and I had to return it. Just a warning for some of those girls out there who have allergies to some products, this may be one of those!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Considering all the hype around St Tropez, I decided to cave in any buy it...now, keep in mind that in Australia this retails for OVER $50!

The tan itself is lovely...no marks, no horrible orange tinge. A little on the light side, I must say, but I looked like a had a healthy glow. However, the thing that BUGGED me about this product is the application. This mousse dries unbelievably fast, leaving you desperately trying to rub at your skin causing unnecessary friction. Now, this would have been excusable if it weren't for the fact that this tan was also very difficult to rub in. It took a lot of elbow grease, and I found myself feeling sore and puffed out after application.

All in all, the tan is just fine. If you're pro at application you won't have any problems with streaking, however if you're not, beware of the deadly duo - dries too fast and is hard to blend.

Would not recommend.

I am a pale and neutral/cool toned. I have also used the regular St Tropez mousse, and Vita Liberata 2-3 week in medium.

On my PALE skin, this produces a natural result. But I MUST be careful with application.

However, I would warn against using this as a first go at self-tanning. Start with the regular/white bottle, which itself gives good color. This dark version is a much more high-maintenance product than the regular version.
Here's why: it is very sensitive to moisture. For 8 hours. You really should apply this before bed, because any sort of sweat ...and even washing your hands!!!...will muck this up. It also does not blend quite as easily as the regular. This might not seem like a big deal but if you sweat at all and happen to have your arms crossed…. you'll find patches on the inside of your elbows. It's that finicky.

In disagreement with other reviews I've read, I did not find this produced any more odor than the original.

I would recommend it as a "topper." Use the regular on your whole body, and apply a top-up of the dark on the places you want extra "sun" -- shoulders/upper arms, decollete, maybe inner/outer thighs for some slimming. It's fussy around ankles and wrists, so limiting its use to where you want the most pop! ensures the best results.

have fun!

on 7/1/2014 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I previously reviewed this product but my review became kind of confusing and unclear due to multiple updates, so I thought I'd just delete it and leave a new one. I first purchased this product last summer when I was going through a self-professed obsession with sunless tanner. I tried a new one nearly every time I applied my tan (once a week) and this one was definitely one of my favorites. Now that I've used it more this summer I feel like I'm able to leave a more solid review.

APPLICATION: I really don't understand the complaints about how hard this is to apply evenly and about how it dries too quickly. For me, application is foolproof. I have never ever once had a blotch or a streak, even on the more difficult areas such as feet, ankles, elbows, hands, etc. It's been flawless every time. Prior to tanning I do the usual shaving my legs and exfoliating, but I do that in the morning of the day I plan to tan. At night, I get back in for a quick shower to cleanse my skin with body wash. I then dry off, apply moisturizer to the drier areas (I don't moisturize all over), and then wait about 20 minutes. Using the St. Tropez mitt (which you have to purchase separately - kind of a bummer), application is quick and easy. I *highly* suggest you wear a latex-type glove underneath the mitt! The mitt itself tends to slide around my hand as I'm applying, which sometimes causes product to get on the back side of it, which can then slide all over my hand and fingers and make a mess. Also be careful with the hand you're using to pump the product onto your mitt as the product tends to leak out a little and can stain the fingers you're pushing the pump with! Please note that the color guide with this product (which is VERY dark and VERY green tinted) will never look completely even as you're applying. As long as you've made sure to blend in evenly, don't worry about it! The more you try to blend and blend to make it look even, the more likely it is that you'll end up rubbing off some product and having an uneven result. This has a pleasant, albeit rather *strong* florally fragrance. It's not my absolute favorite but I don't hate it. I can see how it could potentially cause problems for those with sensitivities to synthetic fragrances, though. As far as DHA smell goes, I definitely do smell it the next morning. And if I don't use a scented body wash in the shower that first morning, along with a scented lotion afterward, I can still smell the DHA throughout the day. There's no hint of it by the second day.

DRY TIME: This is one of the slight negatives of this product for me. It doesn't fully dry on me. I always wait at least 10 minutes after application to get my pajamas on (I always tan at night and would never attempt this one during the day), and even a while after that when I get in bed, I still feel sticky. It's not the worst, but definitely not the best either. I always wear loose pants and a loose long sleeved shirt with this one because the sticky feeling it leaves makes me think it's going to rub off all over my sheets. (Which has happened before, and it's always washed out completely, so that's good news.)

RESULT: Again, this is where this one is a little more tricky for me. I've noticed that if I have it on for about 8 hours before showering the next morning, I won't think I look all that tan immediately after showering. But a few hours later it'll get even darker. Not sure if it's the same for everyone, but this wouldn't be one that I'd want to only wear for 7-8 hours at night and expect to be at my darkest right away by early morning. Something to keep in mind for special events. Now the best part... I *LOVE* the color this sunless tanner gives me! I'm naturally very fair skinned (MAC NC15/NARS Gobi) but I have very golden/slightly olive undertones which allow me to tan very dark in the sun. I get so golden though that sometimes even my natural tan can look a bit orange in certain lighting. This product gives me that brown/bronze glow with enough olive tones to cancel out any orange. This is one of maybe two sunless tanning products that doesn't look orange on me under *any* different type of lighting or lighting conditions. It always looks natural and it has great depth, even in direct sunlight. Once the tan has fully developed it gives me a solid medium tan which is exactly what I want. I love the fact that I only have to do one application to achieve that. And it lasts for 6-7 days before I have to reapply! It fades perfectly evenly. No cracked-looking lizard skin. It also doesn't make me itchy or irritate my skin like some others do.

So far, this is my favorite sunless tanning product. I also loved the color Fake Bake Flawless gave me (it was more of a reddish brown tan, which I also love since I don't tan like that naturally) but it gave me an itchy rash in a few areas. I should also note that after trying the St. Tropez Dark Bronzing Mousse, I thought I'd give their regular Bronzing Mousse a try, too. It gave me a horrible, painful rash (felt like a bad sunburn) on my neck, chest, and arms that took two weeks to go away. I also found it wasn't quite as bronzy/brown and on me it turned out a bit more orangey as opposed to olive. Not a fan of that one. This product is definitely pricey, but I feel the results are well worth it!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this from sephora it is extremely dark which is great and not orange at all since it has a green pigment but on the down side I find that it drys to fast in the skin leaving it streaky I prefer lotions as opposed to foams will not be repurchasing

on 1/25/2019 4:23:00 PM

So this self tanner is amazing. Hands down the best store bought self tanner I have ever used, it goes on so smooth and even if applied with the glove that you can purchase with it. It smells very nice and the colour comes out bronzed and not orange in any way. Natural looking too. Almost as good as a professional spray tan but you really have to be good at applying it. There are tons of tutorials on YouTube so give them a try before applying. You will get the best results that way. I had to ask my boyfriend to apply the product on my upper back.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This self-tanner is so natural looking, you'll never look orange. It's easy to apply (with a mitt!), dries quickly, and doesn't bleed onto clothes or sheets. It looks green and dirty when you apply it to your skin, but it absorbs overnight into a nice, dark glow. The only issue I have is the application to hands and feet. It should be done last with residual mousse left on the mitt and rinsed off. It's a bit pricey but definitely worth it. I've repurchased it twice. It's much better than the Original (too light) and Express (not always natural looking).

Lets start this by me saying I'm a serial spray tanner and ghostly white naturally. I have tried pretty much every diy fake tan except St. Tropez (mousse, cream, spray, you name it) on the market and always believed them to be terrible. In one way or another they always failed and not once were they ever as dark or as even as a salon tan. They usually only last a day or two and then I look like I have a skin disease. I bought this the other day desperately hoping that after all the reviews this would be the saviour as I'm poor and can't keep going to salons. I tried it with my mitt after moisturising hands and knees. It smells, you must apply it fast but it remains tacky for a while. It does apply relatively evenly however you wouldn't be able to walk outside with this (scary). It came out perfect. Dark natural brown and even. My hands look better with this than from the salon (I moisturised them and only used the residue on the mitt and washed hands after two hours so they wouldn't go too dark). However, I didn't moisturise my feet with a barrier cream and they came out oompa loompa (but my fault- not products). Other than my ridiculous feet, it was perfect and I'm never going to a salon again. Its also lasted three days perfectly without a patch although I use a gentle soap and heavily moisturise.