St.Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
St.Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse

Water (Aqua), Dihydroxyacetone, Ethoxydiglycol, Caramel, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, PPG-5-Cereth-20, Decyl Glucoside, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum (Fragrance), Melanin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Aloe barbadensis leaf juice, Citric Acid, Linalool, Alpha-isomethylionone, CI 14700 (Red 4), CI 19140 (Yellow 5) CI 42090 (Blue 1)

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Comparable to the bondi sands fake tanner, more accessible as I can buy this at the drugstore. Absolutely love the green based tan it complements my olive skin tone. Looks natural and not to smelly. Takes about 30 mins to dry and it’s not streaky if applied with a tanning mitt. Love this tan!!! My go-to when I’m feeling like looking less pale.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This tanner is pretty disappointing to me, I would pick my Bondi Sands or Loving Tan over this in a heartbeat.

Firstly, it is not that dark. I like to be pretty tan and this is just not that dark at all, applying more product doesn't do too much for the colour either so it's not really a win no matter how I tried to make it work.

Secondly, the pump on the bottle I have (and I don't know how common this is) leaked product out around it and I would always end up with stained finger tips which I used to pump it out. I had to sanitise the pump to make it stop getting everywhere. I don't know how well that worked as I ditched the product shortly after so I don't know if it still would do it.

But those two points aside, I gave this 4 stars because although I know it's not well suited to what I want I can admit the product generally is very good. The colour is nice and olive, the tan stays on for a good week easily, it absorbs in to the skin well and doesn't leave messy streaks or anything, smells good for fake tanner and so on. For me personally it is not what I am looking for so I won't be buying it again, but for anyone who wants a medium tanner that is easy to apply and stays on well without maintenance this is definitely a good option. For the price point I was a bit disappointed by it, as it is one of the more expensive at home tanners available and I did think I would love it a lot more but hey it's a great product it's just worth the price for me!

This is such a good product, it never comes out streaky even when I rush through it, takes me a max of 10 min to apply and can shower 2 hours later and it still looks pretty dark and keeps getting darker throughout the day/night, it looks natural and the green tint on the mousse keeps it from being orange

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I have tried many different self tanners and this is my favorite one so far, unless I find a self tanner that performs the same but is darker. For one it is super easy to apply and the tan looks so real.
Pros:
Lasts me 5 days
Beautiful tan
Doesn't smell terrible
Has a guard

Cons:
It is super sticky during the 8 hours of development
Doesn't fade well. (blotchy after the 5th day)
I have to apply two layers to make the tan dark

on 5/17/2016 4:19:00 PM

I am SO pale. I use 2 coats and sleep and then shower when I wake up. This makes me look like I got back from a tropical vacation! Mine lasts about a week and then I reapply. Will definitely repurchase

I used to love it until I came across LovingTan. I wouldn't buy this in the future.

Cons:
-I have sensitive skin, so for 2 days after I would be madly scratching little bumps all over my body.
-The smell wasn't that nice. Especially the first day of your tan, if you sweat on a hot day the tan smell emanating from your body is overpowering.
-The guide colour looks quite patchy while you are baking so I never wanted to wear it out until washed off - in saying that, when it was washed off I was no longer patchy.
- When getting close to its last days it would become very patchy

Pros:
-Good colour

on 1/22/2015 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I used an entire bottle of the original formula in 2013 and it applied evenly with no streaks and gave a natural brown tan. The only complaint I had about the original was that I'd need to apply two coats in the same night to get the color deep enough for my preference. I bought the dark in January 2014 thinking that I could apply only one layer of this instead of two of the original which would save time and product. My complaint about the dark is that it turns my skin an orange tan. Not as bad as some drugstore self tanners were orange but the tone isn't the same brown as the original. My skin is NC15 naturally and the Orange tint just was too unnatural. I spoke to a girl working at Ulta today about the two formulas and she agreed the dark is orangy and to stick with the original and make sure to exfoliate. Also the dark mousse comes out green so you can only apply it at night before bed or when you won't be out in public. To exfoliate the Tree Hut scrubs are nice, I tried the Brazilian Nut scent and it was nice and took down some of the orange tan.

YES YES YES!!!! Best self tanner EVER! I LOVE love this product so much! Let me let you guys know, I am very light skin, very pale actually, I have tried many self tanners, bronzes, and tanning beds as well, and I have never been this beautifully dark as with this St. Tropez mousse. I love so many things about it, it does not make you orange, the smell is almost not even there, and you don't have to worry about freckles or skin cancer. I saw my fav YouTube beauty guru, Lauren Curtis use it and it looked so beautiful on her, her video is what I used to help me to put it on correctly, I bought the mitt as well, and I put it over night and the next morning it looks amazing, then I skip a day and shower and that following day it looks even better, you have to be careful it does dry fast so you have to be quick and you do not need to put a lot of product, it goes a long way. I really will buy this product again. It's great if you love being tan or for a special occasion the following day! I love it!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Holy tanning gods!
When it says Dark, it means DARK!

I applied the formula around 7:30am and by 12:30pm I was SUPER dark! Looked like I just went tanning in a bed for weeks and weeks. As always I'm a huge fan of the mousse, it applies well and the color is perfect. To those who say the green tint throws you off...think of it this way. What color is opposite of orange on the color wheel? Blue and close to it is green (red is the exact opposite of green). They put those pigments in the formula to combat any possibility for orange to show in your color! Its there for a reason!
Definitely be careful with your application. Use the applicator mitt or a rubber glove, or be warned. You must be precise and accurate with your application, this stuff dries quick. Just take your time and I'm sure the color you get will be beautiful!
Is it worth the $44 I paid for at Ulta? Definitely NO. But the color is amazing and instead of doing two applications of the regular formula to get the same (if lighter) results of the Dark, I'm willing to pay a little more.

on 1/26/2014 1:28:00 PM

great non-orange colour but after a shower the next morning almost all of it is gone... i expected something better from a 'dark' mousse