St.Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
St.Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse

3.8

Water (Aqua), Dihydroxyacetone, Ethoxydiglycol, Caramel, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, PPG-5-Cereth-20, Decyl Glucoside, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum (Fragrance), Melanin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Aloe barbadensis leaf juice, Citric Acid, Linalool, Alpha-isomethylionone, CI 14700 (Red 4), CI 19140 (Yellow 5) CI 42090 (Blue 1)

on 5/25/2014 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was really excited to buy this product, and was unfortunately very disappointed. I was expecting a dark tan but my regular foundation matched me perfectly after the guide color washed off. The guide color is much darker than the tan you will have after it washes off but it is also very natural. If you are looking for a very (I want to emphasize very) natural tan and have the money to spend, then you will enjoy this product. However, you can find self-tanners that provide the same color (or darker, if you'd like) for much cheaper. I ended up returning the product because I was so disappointed.

If you're in the market for a self-tanner, I would keep looking!

on 3/4/2018 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I’ve been using St Tropez for years. When I lived in a cooler climate I was using the first original mousse they had in the one shade at the time. Was a beautiful natural colour. Awful scent so strong. But I still used it as it was the best shade! Lasted a week before reapplying.
Then I moved to a hot climate didn’t need to fake tan anymore. So the last year I’ve returned to a cooler climate again and have gone back to fake tanning. So I’ve picked up good ol St Tropez again and see they have an ultra dark shade. This is what I’m using now. (After trying a few other new ones I’ve seen on the market now). I’ve gone back to St Tropez because it’s a still a beautiful tan however... the ultra dark is not ultra dark. I sleep in the tan over night, wash off in the morning and it’s not dark. It’s a light tan that I would get if I used the original St Tropez colour. Possibly even lighter. So annoyingly I have to tan again the following night to get the ‘dark’ shade that will last 4-5 days max before it goes patchy.
In saying this about St Tropez I’ve tried many other tanners and they’re all unimpressive. I’m still on the hunt but in the meantime I’ve settled with St Tropez and applying twice over consecutive nights to get a decent tan. The scent is much better now though. Less strong.

on 9/20/2017 11:37:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I will buy this product again, not because it's THAT good, rather because there are few good self tan products out there (in my opinoin).

It does the job. I like to have a pretty dark tan and I would say that this is dark enough, and that's hard to find. It works fine on my face.

The downside is that it fades horribly. I'm always blotchy within 5 days. And it takes forever to dry.

on 5/6/2015 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

First, the smell is awful and I dread putting this stuff on because of it. In addition, the smell does not leave until like 2 days after even if you shower the morning after. It also is very sticky and during the summer when its hot and humid this is not the stuff I want to be putting on my skin. However, the color is amazing. It has a beautiful olive green color and it is dark- unlike the original St Tropez. I would actually sit through a night of headache (aka the smell) for the color. However, there are other brands that offer similar color to this without the smell and the price like Tarte or Vita Liberatas self tanner.

There are a lot of pros with this self tanner, but I'm sorry, the cons really do beat the pros!

CONS:
First thing - this has a very strong 'guide color'. When I wake up in the morning it does look very very dark but not in the most flattering way, you can defintely tell it's a bit greenish. When I'm off to take my
shower, I would say 60% of this color is gone. To me it looks like any light fake tan.

And second - this is veeeery prone to getting blotchy. When it's drying I have to be so careful not to get one single water drop on it or either it will make a little white dot. And one tip, do not go out with this without showering off the guide color! I did once and I had washed my face, and you could tell so hard that some water had run down my neck, aaaawful!

You also have to moisturize your skin AT LEAST one time a day or it will start to crack up looking all funky around your elbows, wrists and hands. This has also stained my clothes even after I've washed them, leaving it looking a little bit greeny or pink.

The PROS? I like the scent, I like how easy it is to apply and that you can really see if you have missed a spot. I like that it really does make me look extra dark, and for an evening out when the light is not so bright it is perfect. And for me this price is ok.

Would I buy this again though? No. I want something that stays dark and that isn't so easily patchy. I will keep looking for my perfect self tanner!

I usually use the regular St. Tropez bronzing mousse and I can say that the darker mousse takes much longer to dry and does not go on nearly as evenly as the other one. I was noticing all types of problems with this product that I never had with the original (very dark knees, freckles on my legs, line across the back of my neck). Although the colour is darker (not as dark as I was expecting honestly) and I don't have to reapply as often but I think I'm going to stick with the original once I finish this can.

on 2/20/2017 9:19:00 PM

The only fake tan I use and ever will use. The only down side is - when it comes to finding it off - it really isn't as dark as you thought it would be (me anyway). But never the less it is still dark. And doesn't go on patchy for me. I do get comments from my partner that it doesn't smell great when I first put it on but hey it's worth it lol. Without this I am just a pale milk bottle x

I have been using st tropez dark for at least 3-4 years now. When I notice I'm getting low I go out and purchase several bottles at a time to ensure I don't run out. This stuff is awesome! I am naturally incredibly pale, like a piece of paper. In Mac I'm probably about an N3, which if you see it looks like it couldn't possibly suit anyone because it's so pale and ashy. I am also blonde so when I am not tanned and with my very light hair, I resemble a plate of potatoes. Sooo washed out and pale. St tropez dark is my secret! It takes me to an nc20 skintone which to many is very pale but I actually just look like a normal, naturally fair person (instead of being pale white)! A lot of reviews I've read say that this product leaves a green tint which I do not understand. I am PALE and I can see a hint of green when I first apply before bed, but in the morning after showering off it reveals a warm toned glow. The only reason I don't give it 5 stars is because it doesn't last very long on me. The loving tan ultra dark gets me a little darker and lasts longer, however it doesn't wear off as nicely. The st tropez dark may not last more than about 3 days on me, but it wears off very naturally and evenly, which is important when my skin underneath is so pale that other fake tans (like the loving tan) wear off in a scaly and ugly way. Overall this tan is fabulous and I highly recommend it!

on 10/7/2014 2:25:00 AM

I really like this self tanner. It's easy to apply and doesn't streak. I find it quite a bit darker than the original which means it needs less layers to achieve the desired colour. It's also green based so it doesn't turn out orange.
The reason why I wouldn't give it 5 stars is because it fades quickly. Once I've showered the tan becomes much lighter. If it stayed as dark as when first applied it would be perfect. This might not be an issue for you, but I like my tan quite dark.
Like most self tanners, it can come off a bit patchy, so remember to moisturize! It's not ridiculously expensive when you consider the price of a spray tan at a salon, but it's more than I'd like to pay for self tanner.
Overall, It's definitely one of the better self tanners I've used, and I've used a lot :)

on 7/2/2014 11:07:00 AM

I received a voucher to get 25% off any St.Tropez products. Now I am a person who tans a lot and I have gone from self tanners like St..moritz, to many fake bakes and now this. It's taken me so long to finally purchase St. Tropez tan. First of all this is £33 from the official website, and it unfortunately doesn't come with a mitt. The mitt is sold separately for just under £4, however I highly recommend this applicator if you want to achieve the best results. I have been using fake bake flawless tan for a while which has a very quick and easy application, so in comparison to fake bake I found the application of st.tropez mouse hard work. But that is probably because I need to adapt to the technique they recommended. You do not need huge dollops of this product at all because it spreads a lot. At first the colour is very olive toned so I would recommend for this tan to only be used before bed or if you do not plan on leaving the house. Try to avoid water for 4 hours at least. Once fully developed you will be left with a lovely golden colour. I was worried to shower because I'd read that the guide colour is much darker and washes off a lot of colour, however for me mine seemed to stay on a lot more than I had expected! I only put 2 layers everywhere and just 1 on my arms, which is impressive as with St.Moritz and Fake Bake I seem to have to apply layer after layer to achieve my tan. This is brown not at all orange. This tan lasts a good week if you keep moisturised, it fades more than comes of 'scaly' which is perfect. Not to mention the smell is so fresh and clean, so you don't have to go to bed smelling that unpleasant smell ( but the smell does creep in later on). I would highly recommend this product even for this cost, I think the top quality ingredients helps justify the price.