St.Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
St.Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse

3.8

Water (Aqua), Dihydroxyacetone, Ethoxydiglycol, Caramel, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, PPG-5-Cereth-20, Decyl Glucoside, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum (Fragrance), Melanin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Aloe barbadensis leaf juice, Citric Acid, Linalool, Alpha-isomethylionone, CI 14700 (Red 4), CI 19140 (Yellow 5) CI 42090 (Blue 1)

on 3/4/2018 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I’ve been using St Tropez for years. When I lived in a cooler climate I was using the first original mousse they had in the one shade at the time. Was a beautiful natural colour. Awful scent so strong. But I still used it as it was the best shade! Lasted a week before reapplying.
Then I moved to a hot climate didn’t need to fake tan anymore. So the last year I’ve returned to a cooler climate again and have gone back to fake tanning. So I’ve picked up good ol St Tropez again and see they have an ultra dark shade. This is what I’m using now. (After trying a few other new ones I’ve seen on the market now). I’ve gone back to St Tropez because it’s a still a beautiful tan however... the ultra dark is not ultra dark. I sleep in the tan over night, wash off in the morning and it’s not dark. It’s a light tan that I would get if I used the original St Tropez colour. Possibly even lighter. So annoyingly I have to tan again the following night to get the ‘dark’ shade that will last 4-5 days max before it goes patchy.
In saying this about St Tropez I’ve tried many other tanners and they’re all unimpressive. I’m still on the hunt but in the meantime I’ve settled with St Tropez and applying twice over consecutive nights to get a decent tan. The scent is much better now though. Less strong.

on 9/20/2017 11:37:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I will buy this product again, not because it's THAT good, rather because there are few good self tan products out there (in my opinoin).

It does the job. I like to have a pretty dark tan and I would say that this is dark enough, and that's hard to find. It works fine on my face.

The downside is that it fades horribly. I'm always blotchy within 5 days. And it takes forever to dry.

on 2/20/2017 9:19:00 PM

The only fake tan I use and ever will use. The only down side is - when it comes to finding it off - it really isn't as dark as you thought it would be (me anyway). But never the less it is still dark. And doesn't go on patchy for me. I do get comments from my partner that it doesn't smell great when I first put it on but hey it's worth it lol. Without this I am just a pale milk bottle x

I have been using st tropez dark for at least 3-4 years now. When I notice I'm getting low I go out and purchase several bottles at a time to ensure I don't run out. This stuff is awesome! I am naturally incredibly pale, like a piece of paper. In Mac I'm probably about an N3, which if you see it looks like it couldn't possibly suit anyone because it's so pale and ashy. I am also blonde so when I am not tanned and with my very light hair, I resemble a plate of potatoes. Sooo washed out and pale. St tropez dark is my secret! It takes me to an nc20 skintone which to many is very pale but I actually just look like a normal, naturally fair person (instead of being pale white)! A lot of reviews I've read say that this product leaves a green tint which I do not understand. I am PALE and I can see a hint of green when I first apply before bed, but in the morning after showering off it reveals a warm toned glow. The only reason I don't give it 5 stars is because it doesn't last very long on me. The loving tan ultra dark gets me a little darker and lasts longer, however it doesn't wear off as nicely. The st tropez dark may not last more than about 3 days on me, but it wears off very naturally and evenly, which is important when my skin underneath is so pale that other fake tans (like the loving tan) wear off in a scaly and ugly way. Overall this tan is fabulous and I highly recommend it!

on 5/6/2015 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

First, the smell is awful and I dread putting this stuff on because of it. In addition, the smell does not leave until like 2 days after even if you shower the morning after. It also is very sticky and during the summer when its hot and humid this is not the stuff I want to be putting on my skin. However, the color is amazing. It has a beautiful olive green color and it is dark- unlike the original St Tropez. I would actually sit through a night of headache (aka the smell) for the color. However, there are other brands that offer similar color to this without the smell and the price like Tarte or Vita Liberatas self tanner.

There are a lot of pros with this self tanner, but I'm sorry, the cons really do beat the pros!

CONS:
First thing - this has a very strong 'guide color'. When I wake up in the morning it does look very very dark but not in the most flattering way, you can defintely tell it's a bit greenish. When I'm off to take my
shower, I would say 60% of this color is gone. To me it looks like any light fake tan.

And second - this is veeeery prone to getting blotchy. When it's drying I have to be so careful not to get one single water drop on it or either it will make a little white dot. And one tip, do not go out with this without showering off the guide color! I did once and I had washed my face, and you could tell so hard that some water had run down my neck, aaaawful!

You also have to moisturize your skin AT LEAST one time a day or it will start to crack up looking all funky around your elbows, wrists and hands. This has also stained my clothes even after I've washed them, leaving it looking a little bit greeny or pink.

The PROS? I like the scent, I like how easy it is to apply and that you can really see if you have missed a spot. I like that it really does make me look extra dark, and for an evening out when the light is not so bright it is perfect. And for me this price is ok.

Would I buy this again though? No. I want something that stays dark and that isn't so easily patchy. I will keep looking for my perfect self tanner!

on 10/7/2014 2:25:00 AM

I really like this self tanner. It's easy to apply and doesn't streak. I find it quite a bit darker than the original which means it needs less layers to achieve the desired colour. It's also green based so it doesn't turn out orange.
The reason why I wouldn't give it 5 stars is because it fades quickly. Once I've showered the tan becomes much lighter. If it stayed as dark as when first applied it would be perfect. This might not be an issue for you, but I like my tan quite dark.
Like most self tanners, it can come off a bit patchy, so remember to moisturize! It's not ridiculously expensive when you consider the price of a spray tan at a salon, but it's more than I'd like to pay for self tanner.
Overall, It's definitely one of the better self tanners I've used, and I've used a lot :)

on 9/22/2014 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Where to start!
Packaging is a cool black and blue normal pump bottle.
I apply to washed and exfoliated skin with a tanning mitt. Rubs in fairly well, easy to see the coverage as of the colour guide - appears green! This is good tho - weighs out the orange look you see on most people when it has developed.
I apply a little bit of moisturiser to hands and webbing etc - works perfectly. Not even needed unless you have dry skin.
I would not wear any light coloured clothes for a good few hours tho... It will rub onto the clothing/sheets. HOWEVER it does not smudge the tan on your body... unless you obviously rub it harshly.
DO NOT go near any water until it has developed.... its hard to fix/patch up again.
Having a shower is a must after it has set... you will have a green tinge to your skin.
A lot comes off in the shower but still gives a nice tanned effect. Pat your skin dry after every shower to increase the life of it.
Moisturise with a nourishing cream... i wouldn't recommended St Tropez moisturises as a combo with this, need to mix it up with something that you know will nourish your skin otherwise it will go flakey. yuck - one con with this!
Wears at a nice strong tan for a few days then slowly goes to a sun kissed look for about 1-1.5 weeks.
LOVE this product!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG DAYTIME fake tan! This will not give you a 'I just spent 5 days in the Bahamas' dark tan, unless you are already quite dark to begin with. This is a very green based natural looking fake tan. I wear this for day events where I want to look tan, but flawless in natural daylight, such as festivals. I use Bondi Sands foam in dark for clubbing and night time events as it's super dark, and therefore doesn't look too natural in daylight. If you are after a nice, green based natural looking tan this is for you!

Such a beautiful tan!!! if you are nervous and can't decide if the dark will be too dark, don't worry, it will be fine. Keep your receipt in case you want the light version. My only complaint is that I need to redo my tan about every 4 days. You also need to make sure you exfoliate well, sugar works well.