St.Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse

Filtered by hair type : Straight
St.Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse

4.1

Water (Aqua), Dihydroxyacetone, Ethoxydiglycol, Caramel, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, PPG-5-Cereth-20, Decyl Glucoside, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum (Fragrance), Melanin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Aloe barbadensis leaf juice, Citric Acid, Linalool, Alpha-isomethylionone, CI 14700 (Red 4), CI 19140 (Yellow 5) CI 42090 (Blue 1)

on 1/23/2018 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have been using this product for the last 2 years and it's still my absolute favourite. I use self-tanner religiously because I'm naturally very fair and I just find that a tan suits me so much better.
St. Tropez dark gives me such a perfect, natural looking tan (which is tough when you're super pale), that lasts well and fades naturally & not patchy like many other tanners. I also find that this mousse is very forgiving; it is extremely easy to blend, and the dark guide colour makes it pretty much impossible to miss a spot.
I always exfoliate before I use it and moisturize my hands, elbows, and feet; when following their steps I've never had any issues. I've tried many other self-tanners and they've either come up short, or led to an orange, streaky disaster.

An important thing to be careful of is that this product will definitely transfer slightly and tint your clothes when its developing, I put it on at night time and just make sure to put a towel on my pillow and wear loose dark pyjamas. I have made the mistake of wearing like clothes after initial application and my clothes looked like they'd been soaked in mud in the morning, but it came right out when I washed them.
Just a side note, I'm also not that big of a fan of St.Tropez's tanning mitt because I feel like it absorbs too much product, personally I love the Vita-Liberata mitt (even though I really dislike their self tanner) because its smoothes out the tan so easily over the skin and doesn't soak it all up.

on 2/20/2017 9:19:00 PM

The only fake tan I use and ever will use. The only down side is - when it comes to finding it off - it really isn't as dark as you thought it would be (me anyway). But never the less it is still dark. And doesn't go on patchy for me. I do get comments from my partner that it doesn't smell great when I first put it on but hey it's worth it lol. Without this I am just a pale milk bottle x

on 7/22/2016 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I've bought three bottles of this stuff. LOVE everything about it. It is a very forgiving tanner imo meaning I can pretty much slap it on and it'll turn out ok. I do use the St Tropez mitt to apply. Makes me about two shades darker in one application. It does fade in about 3-4 days but it does so evenly for me. $42 but I buy it when I have a 20% off coupon at beauty brands. I will always use this tanner as it's the best out there and well worth every penny.

on 1/22/2015 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I used an entire bottle of the original formula in 2013 and it applied evenly with no streaks and gave a natural brown tan. The only complaint I had about the original was that I'd need to apply two coats in the same night to get the color deep enough for my preference. I bought the dark in January 2014 thinking that I could apply only one layer of this instead of two of the original which would save time and product. My complaint about the dark is that it turns my skin an orange tan. Not as bad as some drugstore self tanners were orange but the tone isn't the same brown as the original. My skin is NC15 naturally and the Orange tint just was too unnatural. I spoke to a girl working at Ulta today about the two formulas and she agreed the dark is orangy and to stick with the original and make sure to exfoliate. Also the dark mousse comes out green so you can only apply it at night before bed or when you won't be out in public. To exfoliate the Tree Hut scrubs are nice, I tried the Brazilian Nut scent and it was nice and took down some of the orange tan.

on 9/22/2014 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Where to start!
Packaging is a cool black and blue normal pump bottle.
I apply to washed and exfoliated skin with a tanning mitt. Rubs in fairly well, easy to see the coverage as of the colour guide - appears green! This is good tho - weighs out the orange look you see on most people when it has developed.
I apply a little bit of moisturiser to hands and webbing etc - works perfectly. Not even needed unless you have dry skin.
I would not wear any light coloured clothes for a good few hours tho... It will rub onto the clothing/sheets. HOWEVER it does not smudge the tan on your body... unless you obviously rub it harshly.
DO NOT go near any water until it has developed.... its hard to fix/patch up again.
Having a shower is a must after it has set... you will have a green tinge to your skin.
A lot comes off in the shower but still gives a nice tanned effect. Pat your skin dry after every shower to increase the life of it.
Moisturise with a nourishing cream... i wouldn't recommended St Tropez moisturises as a combo with this, need to mix it up with something that you know will nourish your skin otherwise it will go flakey. yuck - one con with this!
Wears at a nice strong tan for a few days then slowly goes to a sun kissed look for about 1-1.5 weeks.
LOVE this product!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm really not sure what all the fuss is about this product. First of all, it absolutely reeks on me. I am literally smelling my arm right now after having a shower and it still smells of fake tanner. Blech. How people can say there's no smell is beyond me. Second, I find it dries too quickly to rub all the product in, even with heavy moisturizer on. As for the colour, I woke up this morning and was like, "whoa? What did I do?" It looked super orange and streaky on me, but after my shower, a lot of it rinsed off, and it's a more natural colour, although, I've seen better. This is my second shot with this product (the first time I was more tanned, so it was easier to blend the colour into my skin), but either I'm really bad at applying self-tanner, or this product is just not worth the hype.

I'm still on the hunt for my HG self- tanner, but for darkening the skin, I still prefer Sally Hansen airbrush legs in Deep because now that is an application that is fool proof, and the colour is really natural, even though it makes me freakin' dark.

on 3/20/2014 5:51:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

After using St Moriz for a while I wanted to try St Tropez to see if it's much better and to be honest both the products are very similar, however, St Tropez fades so much more naturally and it's a lot more moisturising and smells a hundred times better. The dark formula isn't actually that dark, it just gives your skin a nice light olive tone to it but is perfect for what I wanted. Overall I would say that is is worth the money and it's definitely worth a try. I got mine from the gorgeous shop for only £24.75 which is quite a lot cheaper than its retail price:)

on 2/18/2014 7:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is One of the darkest self bronzer mouse that i have used. Im already lightly tan, but i want more, that deep dark bronze look like when i came back from my vacation in thailand. I dont want an orangey, jersey shore look. I hope nobody would want that. Anyways, this does the job, BUT there are some downsides and a technique to use this.

This is not a non scented bronzer. Its for sure not the worse ive smelled, but still, i would not put this on and go somewhere. DO NOT USE BARE HANDS OR YOU WILL REGRET IT.USE A MIT!!It can be streaky if not blended in properly. It dries fast which is a both plus and minus but with the minus, its hard to blend to not get streaks. The color going on is DARK and is not the color you will get. because it dries fast and its super dark, the trick is to use this before bedtime then Wake up to a very overly bronzed self and SHOWER.

The color left behind is the color you want. Its like taking a few steps forward and taking a step back. The color last a couple of days. The color has like a green color to it, dont freak out. Its to counter act an orange tan.

This is an expensive bronzer.....but it works and the size is generous.

Overall, its a pain in the ass, work to use, slightly smelly bronzer.....but with the steps i use, i achive a very dark natural tan overnight.

on 1/26/2014 1:28:00 PM

great non-orange colour but after a shower the next morning almost all of it is gone... i expected something better from a 'dark' mousse

on 5/11/2013 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Great product, great colour. Performs just as well as the regular mouse but looks darker going on. The tan itself is darker than the original but still looks beautiful, brown and natural. this is not orange at all! It develops very quickly and doesnt smell too strong either. Im really loving this one and highly recommend it. I have reviewed a few tanning products so check out my pther reviews for reference. St tropez is definitely my favourite so far