St.Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse

Filtered by hair type : Other
St.Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse

3.8

Water (Aqua), Dihydroxyacetone, Ethoxydiglycol, Caramel, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, PPG-5-Cereth-20, Decyl Glucoside, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum (Fragrance), Melanin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Aloe barbadensis leaf juice, Citric Acid, Linalool, Alpha-isomethylionone, CI 14700 (Red 4), CI 19140 (Yellow 5) CI 42090 (Blue 1)

on 8/15/2014 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really cant understand the rave reviews on this!! In all my years of constant fake tanning ive never used one so awful. Ive tried every one out there. The original st tropez mousse is good. But this omg.. The colour isnt even dark its this greeny strange colour- its apparently suppose to be green so that when u wash off the guide colour a nice deep natural tan is left. Just no. Most of it washes away. U cant do two layers (like i do with all other tans) as it wont stick in just goes odd. It goes on blotchy and patchy and is VERY sticky even half hour after tanning, the only ok thing is it doesnt smell bad as some. Ive tried everything to try to make this work, but its going in the bin. this cost me 38 and i MUCHHH prefer St Moriz dark mousse which is darker, a nicer colour, is never sticky even 5mins after applying, lasts ages, and only costs 4!!!

on 8/27/2014 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

The color is natural - yellow toned, the smell is good but very STRONG. Its last for 3-4 days. Hard to get of. But the color is dark:)

on 2/14/2016 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have tried many a fake tan. This is my HG because 1) it looks natural 2) the mousse is easy to apply and dries fast, a trick someone taught be is using a hair dryer to dry it even more quickly 3) the mousse being coloured makes it easy to determine where you need to put it/blend 4) it is dark but it doesn't have that horrible white patch look that most of the darker fake tans give you after a few days when it wears off 5) it is a decently dark shade (I'd prefer it even darker) if applied twice in the one session - I have spent too much time applying fake tans that you can't see the next morning, this one does the job. After using this for something line 5+ years, I have found the following to be great ways to manage it on an ongoing basis 1) when applying, dab moisturiser on your knees and elbows to help blend it in, 2) also dab moisturiser around around the 'meeting areas' ie between where you fake tan and where you don't for example under your wrists and on top of your hands to blend in the the fake tanned area to the non fake tanned area, 3) moisturise properly daily or twice daily after application as it will feel dry the morning after 4) wear full length pyjamas and pyjama top when tanning to not stain you sheets 5) use two fake tan gloves, one for each hand, I prefer the modelco ones as they soak up less product and are softer, and blend with both gloved hands to get it done faster 5) when showering daily, use one of those exfoliating gloves, not to exfoliate all that hard, but to wash generally, it means the fake tan is lightly washed off as it dates without that extreme patchiness. I find if I tan every 4 days or so using the above I appear year around tanned. Cons: sleeping in it can be a nuisance, having dry skin the next morning is uncomfortable til you wash, the slightly green shade makes it difficult to wear it out, it's an overnighter. Please be aware that fake tan comes off when you swim! So if you are going to the trouble of doing this for your holiday and spend ages in the pool or ocean be aware it will fade off pretty quickly, especially in chlorinated water.

I have the original bronzing mousse, which I previously used. The original works well, but doesn't get my skin as dark, as fast as this version does. This version gets my skin the perfect amount of tan the first time around. With the original, I have to use it like 4 times until it starts to come close to the color the dark version gets me. I will continue to buy this one instead of the original. Also, you MUST use the mitt to get the best look & to not dirty your hands. The only complaint I have is that this version comes with less, but it costs the same price, or maybe even a little more (I can't remember). I guess since this one gives the desired look with less uses, it would last around the same amount of time...but still. I feel like Iam getting ripped off. This stuff is not cheap, at all. But, it is a healthy alternative to getting that nice tan without laying in the sun all day. The best part about this mousse is that it leaves my skin brown, NOT orange. It looks very real. People couldn't tell that it was a fake tan. This is by far, the best self tanner I've came across. I highly reccommend if you want a natural, realistic tan that is healthy. Make sure that you spend the extra $5 to buy the applicator mitt to apply this!! It will save you time & no hassle of having a mess!