St.Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
St.Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse

4.3

Water (Aqua), Dihydroxyacetone, Ethoxydiglycol, Caramel, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, PPG-5-Cereth-20, Decyl Glucoside, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum (Fragrance), Melanin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Aloe barbadensis leaf juice, Citric Acid, Linalool, Alpha-isomethylionone, CI 14700 (Red 4), CI 19140 (Yellow 5) CI 42090 (Blue 1)

on 9/20/2017 11:37:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I will buy this product again, not because it's THAT good, rather because there are few good self tan products out there (in my opinoin).

It does the job. I like to have a pretty dark tan and I would say that this is dark enough, and that's hard to find. It works fine on my face.

The downside is that it fades horribly. I'm always blotchy within 5 days. And it takes forever to dry.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm really not sure what all the fuss is about this product. First of all, it absolutely reeks on me. I am literally smelling my arm right now after having a shower and it still smells of fake tanner. Blech. How people can say there's no smell is beyond me. Second, I find it dries too quickly to rub all the product in, even with heavy moisturizer on. As for the colour, I woke up this morning and was like, "whoa? What did I do?" It looked super orange and streaky on me, but after my shower, a lot of it rinsed off, and it's a more natural colour, although, I've seen better. This is my second shot with this product (the first time I was more tanned, so it was easier to blend the colour into my skin), but either I'm really bad at applying self-tanner, or this product is just not worth the hype.

I'm still on the hunt for my HG self- tanner, but for darkening the skin, I still prefer Sally Hansen airbrush legs in Deep because now that is an application that is fool proof, and the colour is really natural, even though it makes me freakin' dark.

on 2/14/2016 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have tried many a fake tan. This is my HG because 1) it looks natural 2) the mousse is easy to apply and dries fast, a trick someone taught be is using a hair dryer to dry it even more quickly 3) the mousse being coloured makes it easy to determine where you need to put it/blend 4) it is dark but it doesn't have that horrible white patch look that most of the darker fake tans give you after a few days when it wears off 5) it is a decently dark shade (I'd prefer it even darker) if applied twice in the one session - I have spent too much time applying fake tans that you can't see the next morning, this one does the job. After using this for something line 5+ years, I have found the following to be great ways to manage it on an ongoing basis 1) when applying, dab moisturiser on your knees and elbows to help blend it in, 2) also dab moisturiser around around the 'meeting areas' ie between where you fake tan and where you don't for example under your wrists and on top of your hands to blend in the the fake tanned area to the non fake tanned area, 3) moisturise properly daily or twice daily after application as it will feel dry the morning after 4) wear full length pyjamas and pyjama top when tanning to not stain you sheets 5) use two fake tan gloves, one for each hand, I prefer the modelco ones as they soak up less product and are softer, and blend with both gloved hands to get it done faster 5) when showering daily, use one of those exfoliating gloves, not to exfoliate all that hard, but to wash generally, it means the fake tan is lightly washed off as it dates without that extreme patchiness. I find if I tan every 4 days or so using the above I appear year around tanned. Cons: sleeping in it can be a nuisance, having dry skin the next morning is uncomfortable til you wash, the slightly green shade makes it difficult to wear it out, it's an overnighter. Please be aware that fake tan comes off when you swim! So if you are going to the trouble of doing this for your holiday and spend ages in the pool or ocean be aware it will fade off pretty quickly, especially in chlorinated water.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

As I have never not been living on a beach somewhere in the Caribbean .. I have never not had a deep dark tan!

When I moved back home to Canada in Sept of 2014 my tan had since faded. While browsing Sephora the other day I came across the St Tropez Dark Bronzing Mousse and decided to give it a try to see if I could get my deep dark tan back. I bought the glove ( highly recommended ) and went on my merry way to give it a try!

I showered and exfoliated as soon as I got home and applied a light layer of moisturizer to my elbows, knees and ankles. I was so shocked when I put this stuff on! It was tinted green .... panicked and came to learn that that is normal and it is just the colour guard that washes off. The smell at first was a light floral scent, but as time went on the smell became very self tannery. I feel this tanning lotion does take some time to dry and will rub off on your clothes. I waited about 20 mins to put my clothes back on and put on an old t-shirt and leggings, went to bed and woke up the next morning to be shocked at the colour development! Jumped in the shower and was so happy to see the muddy green colour come off only to reveal a beautiful "just got back from the beach tan". Not as dark as I was hoping, but I will keep applying every few days and Im sure it will build. I didnt not find this product patchy at all! Mind you this was my biggest fear so I probably spent more time than normal making sure to rub it all in!

Now for the cons: the smell and cost. In Toronto it came to about 60$ with taxes. But, not bad if you think of how much a spray tan costs .. and you will get multiple uses from the bottle. Would definitely repurchase when I run out!

As you wash your hands more than other other body part the tan does fade very fast on your hands ... for this reason it has made the tan around my write very patchy! nothing too noticeable, and I feel when you re apply it will even it out.

Other than those 2 cons I have nothing bad to say about this product! It left my skin smooth and beautifully tanned. Only thing I woud do differently is not put this on my face! I feel like my face absorbed it too quickly which in turn made my face a little darker than the rest of my body! but nothing a little lighter foundation didnt fix. I would use their daily gradual face tanner next time!

Hope this review helped :)

on 9/12/2014 11:04:00 AM

This is my all time favourite fake tanner! I have very fair skin and finds this gives me a very dark but natural colour after two layers.
I find it is best to use this at night time and leave it to develop when you go to sleep as it is a sticky finish, also if you choose to apply a second layer don't be shocked at how blotchy and sticky it seems to go, it will NOT affect your end result; once you've showered the next morning it all washes off leaving you with a smooth flawless finish, no streaks and no blotches!
There is a small fake tan odour when it is developing but I find it disappears straight away when washed off and don't suggest going out while it is developing anyway.
My flawless tan will last up to five days but unfortunately it will begin to come off a little patch if you don't treat your skin right, I suggest exfoliate every other day and make sure you scrub hard! also moisturise after every shower as the tan will cling to any dry skin.

If you keep your skins upkeep going, don't mind the sticky few hours of developing and want a natural but still very dark tan then I suggest this! I live and die by st tropez and their dark range is the best yet. Don't let the bad reviews steer you away I think some of the issues are just down to lack of maintenance on keeping your tan healthy!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG DAYTIME fake tan! This will not give you a 'I just spent 5 days in the Bahamas' dark tan, unless you are already quite dark to begin with. This is a very green based natural looking fake tan. I wear this for day events where I want to look tan, but flawless in natural daylight, such as festivals. I use Bondi Sands foam in dark for clubbing and night time events as it's super dark, and therefore doesn't look too natural in daylight. If you are after a nice, green based natural looking tan this is for you!