St.Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
St.Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse

4.1

Water (Aqua), Dihydroxyacetone, Ethoxydiglycol, Caramel, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, PPG-5-Cereth-20, Decyl Glucoside, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum (Fragrance), Melanin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Aloe barbadensis leaf juice, Citric Acid, Linalool, Alpha-isomethylionone, CI 14700 (Red 4), CI 19140 (Yellow 5) CI 42090 (Blue 1)

on 1/23/2018 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have been using this product for the last 2 years and it's still my absolute favourite. I use self-tanner religiously because I'm naturally very fair and I just find that a tan suits me so much better.
St. Tropez dark gives me such a perfect, natural looking tan (which is tough when you're super pale), that lasts well and fades naturally & not patchy like many other tanners. I also find that this mousse is very forgiving; it is extremely easy to blend, and the dark guide colour makes it pretty much impossible to miss a spot.
I always exfoliate before I use it and moisturize my hands, elbows, and feet; when following their steps I've never had any issues. I've tried many other self-tanners and they've either come up short, or led to an orange, streaky disaster.

An important thing to be careful of is that this product will definitely transfer slightly and tint your clothes when its developing, I put it on at night time and just make sure to put a towel on my pillow and wear loose dark pyjamas. I have made the mistake of wearing like clothes after initial application and my clothes looked like they'd been soaked in mud in the morning, but it came right out when I washed them.
Just a side note, I'm also not that big of a fan of St.Tropez's tanning mitt because I feel like it absorbs too much product, personally I love the Vita-Liberata mitt (even though I really dislike their self tanner) because its smoothes out the tan so easily over the skin and doesn't soak it all up.

on 7/22/2016 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I've bought three bottles of this stuff. LOVE everything about it. It is a very forgiving tanner imo meaning I can pretty much slap it on and it'll turn out ok. I do use the St Tropez mitt to apply. Makes me about two shades darker in one application. It does fade in about 3-4 days but it does so evenly for me. $42 but I buy it when I have a 20% off coupon at beauty brands. I will always use this tanner as it's the best out there and well worth every penny.

I used the regular St. Tropez self tanning mousse for many years and LOVE it. With that said, I just tried the "Dark" formula last night for the first time and I'm blown away!

When I first applied the tanner it was a hideous green/brown shade. However, once I let it dry and set overnight I woke up to a much darker complexion, albeit it being a bit more on the orange side. Once I took a shower, I was fascinated to see that the color developed into a dark natural looking tan---the orange shade disappeared and I was left with a golden brown complexion. In comparison to the original formula, I would've had to apply it 2-3x to develop the color that I did with the darker formula. I cannot comment on how long the color lasts since I've only applied it last night, however I WILL report back in about a week, or so.

All-in-all, I'd highly recommend this....especially for someone that's looking for a dark natural tan once the green/brown solution has set and developed (8+ hours).

Pros:
-intense dark golden tan in just one use
-barely noticeable DHA ("self tanner") smell
-less product needed to achieve desired color
-easy to blend (but dries very quickly)
-tinted so it minimizes any chance of streaks or missed spots
-dries quickly and doesn't smudge/rub off skin as easily

Cons:
-pricier than original formula
-LESS product than original formula
-dries a lot quicker than original so be prepared to blend, blend, blend!
-CANNOT be applied prior to going out (like original formula)...unless you don't mind having a dark green complexion!

on 9/22/2014 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Where to start!
Packaging is a cool black and blue normal pump bottle.
I apply to washed and exfoliated skin with a tanning mitt. Rubs in fairly well, easy to see the coverage as of the colour guide - appears green! This is good tho - weighs out the orange look you see on most people when it has developed.
I apply a little bit of moisturiser to hands and webbing etc - works perfectly. Not even needed unless you have dry skin.
I would not wear any light coloured clothes for a good few hours tho... It will rub onto the clothing/sheets. HOWEVER it does not smudge the tan on your body... unless you obviously rub it harshly.
DO NOT go near any water until it has developed.... its hard to fix/patch up again.
Having a shower is a must after it has set... you will have a green tinge to your skin.
A lot comes off in the shower but still gives a nice tanned effect. Pat your skin dry after every shower to increase the life of it.
Moisturise with a nourishing cream... i wouldn't recommended St Tropez moisturises as a combo with this, need to mix it up with something that you know will nourish your skin otherwise it will go flakey. yuck - one con with this!
Wears at a nice strong tan for a few days then slowly goes to a sun kissed look for about 1-1.5 weeks.
LOVE this product!

Such a beautiful tan!!! if you are nervous and can't decide if the dark will be too dark, don't worry, it will be fine. Keep your receipt in case you want the light version. My only complaint is that I need to redo my tan about every 4 days. You also need to make sure you exfoliate well, sugar works well.

YES YES YES!!!! Best self tanner EVER! I LOVE love this product so much! Let me let you guys know, I am very light skin, very pale actually, I have tried many self tanners, bronzes, and tanning beds as well, and I have never been this beautifully dark as with this St. Tropez mousse. I love so many things about it, it does not make you orange, the smell is almost not even there, and you don't have to worry about freckles or skin cancer. I saw my fav YouTube beauty guru, Lauren Curtis use it and it looked so beautiful on her, her video is what I used to help me to put it on correctly, I bought the mitt as well, and I put it over night and the next morning it looks amazing, then I skip a day and shower and that following day it looks even better, you have to be careful it does dry fast so you have to be quick and you do not need to put a lot of product, it goes a long way. I really will buy this product again. It's great if you love being tan or for a special occasion the following day! I love it!!

on 3/20/2014 5:51:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

After using St Moriz for a while I wanted to try St Tropez to see if it's much better and to be honest both the products are very similar, however, St Tropez fades so much more naturally and it's a lot more moisturising and smells a hundred times better. The dark formula isn't actually that dark, it just gives your skin a nice light olive tone to it but is perfect for what I wanted. Overall I would say that is is worth the money and it's definitely worth a try. I got mine from the gorgeous shop for only £24.75 which is quite a lot cheaper than its retail price:)

I have purchased this product 3 times and it NEVER ceases to disappoint. It is a flawless, streak-free, easy application tan that works wonders if you are looking for a healthy glow! I am a huge sun worshipper, but I live for SPF. I don't need to worry about ruining my skin now that I've been using St. Tropez mousse for months now. I like it MUCH better than the spray, as application is easier and quicker (in my opinion) because it shows up on the skin right away so you know it will be a flawless application. I definitely recommend the mitt to buy with it. I have two so I can alternate between applications. I just use a make up sponge for the face, although they have come out with new face applicator mitts (I'll still use my make up sponge- works wonderfully!) It's expensive, but it lasts me about 3 months for one bottle! You don't need much with this dark serum. BUY IT!

on 7/18/2013 11:24:00 AM

Holy Cow- this product rocks!!! Easy to apply the mousse with the mitt (don't even try to do it without the mitt). Lasts longer than the other st tropez mousse products and almost as long as the lotion. Make sure you get the tan enhancing moisturizer to blend out the pale areas so it looks natural, also apply to hands, knees, feet and elbows prior to application. By exfoliating before you can get an easy 4-7 days out of one application and can prolong 2-3 more days if you use the boosting lotion every 2-3 days after your first application Price point is $40-$50 depending where you go and you can get 2-3 months out of this product if you are using every 8-10 days on majority of the body (average size person). Packaging is nice, easy instructions and the best part- U Never Go Orange!!! In a nutshell I am in love.

on 6/26/2013 12:50:00 AM

I love to be tan, and I've tried too many products to count, from high to low end, in the search for the perfect tan. My usual favorites are fake bake flawless spray tan, or the sunlabs dark lotion if I want a darker look, with the occasional tan towel when I'm lazy. I've been eying this tanner for a long time, but always turned away due to the price! I wish I had tried this sooner! Here's my breakdown:

*Color*: true to the name, gives a dark tan, probably the darkest of any fake tanner I've tried. The base is VERY green (again, greener than other green based tans such as the sun labs lotion). The green base gives a more natural looking tan, but I would recommend applying this before bed as it would probably look pretty funny during the day.

*Application*: I used an ulta tan applicator mitt, which is what I generally use with liquids products. This is hands down the easiest tan to blend, and may even be quicker than using a tan towel! A little goes a long way; I'm used to applying multiple pumps of product to get the color I want, but in his case two pumps on my leg was wayyyyy too much! The only downside is that since the product is so saturated with color, you need to take some time blending on your back if you're applying it alone; I usually slap on tanner willy nilly on my back, but it's much easier to get a friend to help you with this product.

I also used to apply tanner two nights in a row to get the color I wanted, but one application of this stuff is just right! The drying time is also very fast.

*Smell*: No typical fake tanner smell AT ALL. Smells great!

*Staying power* This tan lasts a solid week with minimal flaws, that could stretch to 10 days if you dont mind some patchiness. Still, a week is great for me, as I'm used to applying every 3-4 days to maintain my tan.

*Value*: Yes, on paper, this product is expensive. However, there are multiple things to consider which I think make this product equivalent in price to tanners that cost half as much (such as fake bake): you will get a dark, long lasting tan in one application, rather than multiple. Additionally, because this is a mousse and not a straight liquid, youre using much less product per application. I love to save where possible, but I'm an instant convert, and will continue to repurchase!