St.Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse

St.Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse

3.9

Water (Aqua), Dihydroxyacetone, Ethoxydiglycol, Caramel, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, PPG-5-Cereth-20, Decyl Glucoside, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum (Fragrance), Melanin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Aloe barbadensis leaf juice, Citric Acid, Linalool, Alpha-isomethylionone, CI 14700 (Red 4), CI 19140 (Yellow 5) CI 42090 (Blue 1)

on 6/24/2016 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I used St. Tropez about 5 years ago with good results. I used a lotion not the mouse. I usually get a spray tan applied but thought I would try this on my own. The tan doesn't look streaky or orange but does smell and I have a rash all over my body from head to toe. I had a major reaction to this. I don't have sensitive skin and have used self tanners in the past with no reaction. I am taking this back.

Horrible. I applied this last night. The green color is startling to say the least. Glad I had planned to do it just before bed. I washed it off this morning and I swear I still have a green tinge. I don't know how they can call this product "dark". I've been using the Express Bronzing Mousse and it comes out darker than this in only 3 hours, with a much nicer result. So disappointed with this product.

on 8/15/2014 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really cant understand the rave reviews on this!! In all my years of constant fake tanning ive never used one so awful. Ive tried every one out there. The original st tropez mousse is good. But this omg.. The colour isnt even dark its this greeny strange colour- its apparently suppose to be green so that when u wash off the guide colour a nice deep natural tan is left. Just no. Most of it washes away. U cant do two layers (like i do with all other tans) as it wont stick in just goes odd. It goes on blotchy and patchy and is VERY sticky even half hour after tanning, the only ok thing is it doesnt smell bad as some. Ive tried everything to try to make this work, but its going in the bin. this cost me 38 and i MUCHHH prefer St Moriz dark mousse which is darker, a nicer colour, is never sticky even 5mins after applying, lasts ages, and only costs 4!!!

I used to love it until I came across LovingTan. I wouldn't buy this in the future.

Cons:
-I have sensitive skin, so for 2 days after I would be madly scratching little bumps all over my body.
-The smell wasn't that nice. Especially the first day of your tan, if you sweat on a hot day the tan smell emanating from your body is overpowering.
-The guide colour looks quite patchy while you are baking so I never wanted to wear it out until washed off - in saying that, when it was washed off I was no longer patchy.
- When getting close to its last days it would become very patchy

Pros:
-Good colour

on 5/25/2014 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was really excited to buy this product, and was unfortunately very disappointed. I was expecting a dark tan but my regular foundation matched me perfectly after the guide color washed off. The guide color is much darker than the tan you will have after it washes off but it is also very natural. If you are looking for a very (I want to emphasize very) natural tan and have the money to spend, then you will enjoy this product. However, you can find self-tanners that provide the same color (or darker, if you'd like) for much cheaper. I ended up returning the product because I was so disappointed.

If you're in the market for a self-tanner, I would keep looking!

on 11/18/2013 10:33:00 PM

Although I'm a redhead and allergy prone, I don't tend to be allergic to many beauty products. I spot tested this product on my arm and neck before applying it all over, and I didn't have any reaction. However, after fully applying it everywhere, I got hives. It was pretty awful and I had to return it. Just a warning for some of those girls out there who have allergies to some products, this may be one of those!!!

on 3/4/2018 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I’ve been using St Tropez for years. When I lived in a cooler climate I was using the first original mousse they had in the one shade at the time. Was a beautiful natural colour. Awful scent so strong. But I still used it as it was the best shade! Lasted a week before reapplying.
Then I moved to a hot climate didn’t need to fake tan anymore. So the last year I’ve returned to a cooler climate again and have gone back to fake tanning. So I’ve picked up good ol St Tropez again and see they have an ultra dark shade. This is what I’m using now. (After trying a few other new ones I’ve seen on the market now). I’ve gone back to St Tropez because it’s a still a beautiful tan however... the ultra dark is not ultra dark. I sleep in the tan over night, wash off in the morning and it’s not dark. It’s a light tan that I would get if I used the original St Tropez colour. Possibly even lighter. So annoyingly I have to tan again the following night to get the ‘dark’ shade that will last 4-5 days max before it goes patchy.
In saying this about St Tropez I’ve tried many other tanners and they’re all unimpressive. I’m still on the hunt but in the meantime I’ve settled with St Tropez and applying twice over consecutive nights to get a decent tan. The scent is much better now though. Less strong.

on 9/20/2017 11:37:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I will buy this product again, not because it's THAT good, rather because there are few good self tan products out there (in my opinoin).

It does the job. I like to have a pretty dark tan and I would say that this is dark enough, and that's hard to find. It works fine on my face.

The downside is that it fades horribly. I'm always blotchy within 5 days. And it takes forever to dry.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Bought it at Marshalls for less than $10 but the real price is not worth it to me. It isn't actually "dark" at all but it does give you a pretty sunkissed color. Overall, it didn't break my face out and it did its job so I would repurchase, AT MARSHALLS

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This stuff definitely turned me dark! But the color.. It looked orange in certain lighting/pictures. I have olive skin, so I have to be very careful with the slightest bit of an orange tint (i'll look jersey shore)

I loved the application though. Smell wasn't bad. You have to be careful not to get any water on you during those first 8 hours. It faded great, lasted a long time.. Yea, the only thing that was off was the color.