St.Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
St.Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse

3.9

Water (Aqua), Dihydroxyacetone, Ethoxydiglycol, Caramel, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, PPG-5-Cereth-20, Decyl Glucoside, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum (Fragrance), Melanin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Aloe barbadensis leaf juice, Citric Acid, Linalool, Alpha-isomethylionone, CI 14700 (Red 4), CI 19140 (Yellow 5) CI 42090 (Blue 1)

on 3/4/2013 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm porcelain fair. I found this on Amazon for a good price. I've never used a mousse before, but it was easy enough with the mitt. I would suggest moisturizing your skin and let it dry for about an hour, then apply the tanner. I got a much better result this way. You will have to work super quick during application. It will dry in the spot you put it (this happened on my cheek lol). It does have the greenish guide color, and no you won't want to go out while this is developing. Do it at night, go to sleep, get up and shower it off. I've allowed mine to develop for as long as 12-14 hours. If you moisturize often, this tan can last around 2 weeks. Mine faded naturally and on my legs a little splotchy. Just exfoliate well and start over. Just personal preference, but I like the bronzing lotion better for ease of application. Happy tanning! :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had to have this right when it came out, lol. I love love love the original so much!! The original is my go-to self tanner, and has been for years. I think this new version has it beat. IMO this is better than the original because it is significantly darker, and still has all of the same characteristics of the original; No strong smell, dries quickly, and is believable. The first day I used it, someone at work even asked me if I had been laying out at the pool :) MAKE SURE YOU USE A SELF TANNING MITT, and put lotion on your knees and elbows before applying. love this, HG

I am a pale and neutral/cool toned. I have also used the regular St Tropez mousse, and Vita Liberata 2-3 week in medium.

On my PALE skin, this produces a natural result. But I MUST be careful with application.

However, I would warn against using this as a first go at self-tanning. Start with the regular/white bottle, which itself gives good color. This dark version is a much more high-maintenance product than the regular version.
Here's why: it is very sensitive to moisture. For 8 hours. You really should apply this before bed, because any sort of sweat ...and even washing your hands!!!...will muck this up. It also does not blend quite as easily as the regular. This might not seem like a big deal but if you sweat at all and happen to have your arms crossed…. you'll find patches on the inside of your elbows. It's that finicky.

In disagreement with other reviews I've read, I did not find this produced any more odor than the original.

I would recommend it as a "topper." Use the regular on your whole body, and apply a top-up of the dark on the places you want extra "sun" -- shoulders/upper arms, decollete, maybe inner/outer thighs for some slimming. It's fussy around ankles and wrists, so limiting its use to where you want the most pop! ensures the best results.

have fun!

on 9/20/2017 11:37:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I will buy this product again, not because it's THAT good, rather because there are few good self tan products out there (in my opinoin).

It does the job. I like to have a pretty dark tan and I would say that this is dark enough, and that's hard to find. It works fine on my face.

The downside is that it fades horribly. I'm always blotchy within 5 days. And it takes forever to dry.

Ok, I've been wanting to try this particular tanning product for almost a year now & after extensive research resulting in fantastic reviews I finally justified spending the money on it ($50-$60 Aus) I've been fake tanning my pale but olive skin for 9 years & never had an experience quite like this one. I applied it accordingly, exfoliating & moisturising dry areas before application. I also shaved my legs the day pryer to avoid it seeping into my pores. The mousse applied like a dream, as usual using my tanning mitt to smooth it over my skin, the colour guard made it easy to ensure even coverage. I put on a generous coat, starting with my legs & working up to my arms so i dont get creases on my stomach from bending down to reach my feet. I use whats left over on my mitt after tanning my legs to do my feet & knees, same for my hands & face after doing my upper body. I ended up feeling very sticky! It's smelt lovely for the 1st few hours but did eventually get the tell tale fake tan smell. I applied it before bed & when I woke up I was a gorgeous deep natural brown! Sooo excited!! In the shower even after the colour guard washed I was still pleased with my considerably darker skin! Looking in the mirror afterwards I was a different shade completely & far more golden than brown... I was a little concerned but still reasonably happy with the result! It wasn't until I went outside in natural sunlight that I realised how incredibly unnatural I looked. I resembled, with a little St Tropez gold skin illuminator a Egyptian Goddess! (That sounds awesome right?) Glowing a deep golden bronzed YELLOW, I felt radio active! It was beautiful but definitely very unnatural even without the illuminator that I only applied later that day hoping it would make it appear that's just the look I was going for. On my trip to the shopping centre before I had applied the illuminator I noticed people staring at me (still hoping I was paranoid) out of interest, I asked several random women of varying ages there honest opinions on what they thought about my tan. All of them saying along the lines of its a "nice" colour but obviously UNNATURAL.

In conclusion although I admittedly LOVED the colour unfortunately it's not for me. I can understand the great reviews & how it would work for different people but I want a tan that looks natural not supernatural!

If you don't mind looking mystical or your already naturally tanned & want an intense golden glow this would look stunning! As for me I will continue my search for that perfect DARK NATURAL looking fake tan & when I find it I will be sure to let you all know! 😊

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

As an avid user of the original St Tropez Bronzing Mousse, when the dark version came out I thought it was a dream come true! As I have olive skin, it would take a couple of layers at least of the original product to show up, but the dark mousse requires only one layer and I'm good to go. Its scent is slightly stronger than the original, and application proves to be a little more difficult. I wouldn't attempt to use this without a mitt (your hands would probably turn black!), and you have to move quickly, as this dries much quicker than the original mousse. Also, the dark full size mousse is 200ml, where the original one is 220ml, but I guess since it's more concentrated you're getting value for your money. Although it's difficult to work with, once you've practised and mastered the technique, this product is well worth it :)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This tanner is pretty disappointing to me, I would pick my Bondi Sands or Loving Tan over this in a heartbeat.

Firstly, it is not that dark. I like to be pretty tan and this is just not that dark at all, applying more product doesn't do too much for the colour either so it's not really a win no matter how I tried to make it work.

Secondly, the pump on the bottle I have (and I don't know how common this is) leaked product out around it and I would always end up with stained finger tips which I used to pump it out. I had to sanitise the pump to make it stop getting everywhere. I don't know how well that worked as I ditched the product shortly after so I don't know if it still would do it.

But those two points aside, I gave this 4 stars because although I know it's not well suited to what I want I can admit the product generally is very good. The colour is nice and olive, the tan stays on for a good week easily, it absorbs in to the skin well and doesn't leave messy streaks or anything, smells good for fake tanner and so on. For me personally it is not what I am looking for so I won't be buying it again, but for anyone who wants a medium tanner that is easy to apply and stays on well without maintenance this is definitely a good option. For the price point I was a bit disappointed by it, as it is one of the more expensive at home tanners available and I did think I would love it a lot more but hey it's a great product it's just worth the price for me!

on 3/10/2015 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Is this for real? I can't live without this stuff! As a makeup artist, it was really pleasing to see the green tint that it had upon application as a counteracting color to yellows and oranges. I got a sample where I work and I've applied it to my legs and have yet to wash it off to see the result but I know it's going to be wonderful because I did a very sheer layer and I can see the color. it's the furthest from orange self tanner that I have ever used. Its on the pricey side but you might as well go to the salon and pay 50 or 60 bucks for a spray tan which in my opinion isn't even as good. Whatever you do, by the applicator mit for 6 or 8 dollars whatever it is. After rubbing up and down my calves my hands are Brown.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Bought it at Marshalls for less than $10 but the real price is not worth it to me. It isn't actually "dark" at all but it does give you a pretty sunkissed color. Overall, it didn't break my face out and it did its job so I would repurchase, AT MARSHALLS

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This stuff definitely turned me dark! But the color.. It looked orange in certain lighting/pictures. I have olive skin, so I have to be very careful with the slightest bit of an orange tint (i'll look jersey shore)

I loved the application though. Smell wasn't bad. You have to be careful not to get any water on you during those first 8 hours. It faded great, lasted a long time.. Yea, the only thing that was off was the color.