St.Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium age: 30-35
St.Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse

Water (Aqua), Dihydroxyacetone, Ethoxydiglycol, Caramel, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, PPG-5-Cereth-20, Decyl Glucoside, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum (Fragrance), Melanin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Aloe barbadensis leaf juice, Citric Acid, Linalool, Alpha-isomethylionone, CI 14700 (Red 4), CI 19140 (Yellow 5) CI 42090 (Blue 1)

on 3/4/2018 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I’ve been using St Tropez for years. When I lived in a cooler climate I was using the first original mousse they had in the one shade at the time. Was a beautiful natural colour. Awful scent so strong. But I still used it as it was the best shade! Lasted a week before reapplying.
Then I moved to a hot climate didn’t need to fake tan anymore. So the last year I’ve returned to a cooler climate again and have gone back to fake tanning. So I’ve picked up good ol St Tropez again and see they have an ultra dark shade. This is what I’m using now. (After trying a few other new ones I’ve seen on the market now). I’ve gone back to St Tropez because it’s a still a beautiful tan however... the ultra dark is not ultra dark. I sleep in the tan over night, wash off in the morning and it’s not dark. It’s a light tan that I would get if I used the original St Tropez colour. Possibly even lighter. So annoyingly I have to tan again the following night to get the ‘dark’ shade that will last 4-5 days max before it goes patchy.
In saying this about St Tropez I’ve tried many other tanners and they’re all unimpressive. I’m still on the hunt but in the meantime I’ve settled with St Tropez and applying twice over consecutive nights to get a decent tan. The scent is much better now though. Less strong.

on 4/6/2015 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

BEYOND ADDICTED!!

This is hands down, the best self-tanner on the market. I've tried everything from Jergens to Gurelain and this formula makes me a beautiful golden tan, ZERO DORITO ORANGE, it's super easy to apply (just a little prep required) and it doesn't smell that strong. I needed to stop going into tanning beds yet can't live without a tan.

You need to drop $8 on the application mitt. If you wash it after use, it will last quite a while but it's imperative to use the mitt for buffing the tan and not getting orange palms.

Ideally, you need to let the formula sit for at least 6 hours so this should be done at bedtime to let the formula develop. Shower and exfoliate and I moisturize my face, elbows, knees and feet. I apply Vaseline with a Qtip on my eyebrows, lips and hairline.

It goes on super evenly with the mitt and you can see where you've missed a spot once it starts to dry.

My only complaint is that it's really hard to get your back covered on your own. And that's saying this as a former ballet dancer. it's super awkward to get the formula on in-between your shoulder blades. But that's about it! It last a week and it seems to fade very evenly.

on 7/18/2013 11:24:00 AM

Holy Cow- this product rocks!!! Easy to apply the mousse with the mitt (don't even try to do it without the mitt). Lasts longer than the other st tropez mousse products and almost as long as the lotion. Make sure you get the tan enhancing moisturizer to blend out the pale areas so it looks natural, also apply to hands, knees, feet and elbows prior to application. By exfoliating before you can get an easy 4-7 days out of one application and can prolong 2-3 more days if you use the boosting lotion every 2-3 days after your first application Price point is $40-$50 depending where you go and you can get 2-3 months out of this product if you are using every 8-10 days on majority of the body (average size person). Packaging is nice, easy instructions and the best part- U Never Go Orange!!! In a nutshell I am in love.