St.Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium age: 25-29
St.Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse

3.8

Water (Aqua), Dihydroxyacetone, Ethoxydiglycol, Caramel, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, PPG-5-Cereth-20, Decyl Glucoside, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum (Fragrance), Melanin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Aloe barbadensis leaf juice, Citric Acid, Linalool, Alpha-isomethylionone, CI 14700 (Red 4), CI 19140 (Yellow 5) CI 42090 (Blue 1)

on 5/25/2014 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was really excited to buy this product, and was unfortunately very disappointed. I was expecting a dark tan but my regular foundation matched me perfectly after the guide color washed off. The guide color is much darker than the tan you will have after it washes off but it is also very natural. If you are looking for a very (I want to emphasize very) natural tan and have the money to spend, then you will enjoy this product. However, you can find self-tanners that provide the same color (or darker, if you'd like) for much cheaper. I ended up returning the product because I was so disappointed.

If you're in the market for a self-tanner, I would keep looking!

on 9/20/2017 11:37:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I will buy this product again, not because it's THAT good, rather because there are few good self tan products out there (in my opinoin).

It does the job. I like to have a pretty dark tan and I would say that this is dark enough, and that's hard to find. It works fine on my face.

The downside is that it fades horribly. I'm always blotchy within 5 days. And it takes forever to dry.

on 10/7/2014 2:25:00 AM

I really like this self tanner. It's easy to apply and doesn't streak. I find it quite a bit darker than the original which means it needs less layers to achieve the desired colour. It's also green based so it doesn't turn out orange.
The reason why I wouldn't give it 5 stars is because it fades quickly. Once I've showered the tan becomes much lighter. If it stayed as dark as when first applied it would be perfect. This might not be an issue for you, but I like my tan quite dark.
Like most self tanners, it can come off a bit patchy, so remember to moisturize! It's not ridiculously expensive when you consider the price of a spray tan at a salon, but it's more than I'd like to pay for self tanner.
Overall, It's definitely one of the better self tanners I've used, and I've used a lot :)

on 7/9/2013 1:24:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this in the hope of achiving a darker tan that my usual St.Tropez Self Tan Mousse gives me after one application. I find it just as good in terms of ease of application, but the color seems to be a bit more orange and not really darker than the original formula. I will use up the bottle, but would not repurchase.

I used the regular St. Tropez self tanning mousse for many years and LOVE it. With that said, I just tried the "Dark" formula last night for the first time and I'm blown away!

When I first applied the tanner it was a hideous green/brown shade. However, once I let it dry and set overnight I woke up to a much darker complexion, albeit it being a bit more on the orange side. Once I took a shower, I was fascinated to see that the color developed into a dark natural looking tan---the orange shade disappeared and I was left with a golden brown complexion. In comparison to the original formula, I would've had to apply it 2-3x to develop the color that I did with the darker formula. I cannot comment on how long the color lasts since I've only applied it last night, however I WILL report back in about a week, or so.

All-in-all, I'd highly recommend this....especially for someone that's looking for a dark natural tan once the green/brown solution has set and developed (8+ hours).

Pros:
-intense dark golden tan in just one use
-barely noticeable DHA ("self tanner") smell
-less product needed to achieve desired color
-easy to blend (but dries very quickly)
-tinted so it minimizes any chance of streaks or missed spots
-dries quickly and doesn't smudge/rub off skin as easily

Cons:
-pricier than original formula
-LESS product than original formula
-dries a lot quicker than original so be prepared to blend, blend, blend!
-CANNOT be applied prior to going out (like original formula)...unless you don't mind having a dark green complexion!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had to have this right when it came out, lol. I love love love the original so much!! The original is my go-to self tanner, and has been for years. I think this new version has it beat. IMO this is better than the original because it is significantly darker, and still has all of the same characteristics of the original; No strong smell, dries quickly, and is believable. The first day I used it, someone at work even asked me if I had been laying out at the pool :) MAKE SURE YOU USE A SELF TANNING MITT, and put lotion on your knees and elbows before applying. love this, HG