St.Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse

Filtered by skin type : Dry age: 25-29
St.Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse

3.5

Water (Aqua), Dihydroxyacetone, Ethoxydiglycol, Caramel, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, PPG-5-Cereth-20, Decyl Glucoside, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum (Fragrance), Melanin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Aloe barbadensis leaf juice, Citric Acid, Linalool, Alpha-isomethylionone, CI 14700 (Red 4), CI 19140 (Yellow 5) CI 42090 (Blue 1)

on 1/22/2015 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I used an entire bottle of the original formula in 2013 and it applied evenly with no streaks and gave a natural brown tan. The only complaint I had about the original was that I'd need to apply two coats in the same night to get the color deep enough for my preference. I bought the dark in January 2014 thinking that I could apply only one layer of this instead of two of the original which would save time and product. My complaint about the dark is that it turns my skin an orange tan. Not as bad as some drugstore self tanners were orange but the tone isn't the same brown as the original. My skin is NC15 naturally and the Orange tint just was too unnatural. I spoke to a girl working at Ulta today about the two formulas and she agreed the dark is orangy and to stick with the original and make sure to exfoliate. Also the dark mousse comes out green so you can only apply it at night before bed or when you won't be out in public. To exfoliate the Tree Hut scrubs are nice, I tried the Brazilian Nut scent and it was nice and took down some of the orange tan.

on 7/9/2013 1:24:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this in the hope of achiving a darker tan that my usual St.Tropez Self Tan Mousse gives me after one application. I find it just as good in terms of ease of application, but the color seems to be a bit more orange and not really darker than the original formula. I will use up the bottle, but would not repurchase.