St.Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium age: 19-24
St.Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse

4.1

Water (Aqua), Dihydroxyacetone, Ethoxydiglycol, Caramel, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, PPG-5-Cereth-20, Decyl Glucoside, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum (Fragrance), Melanin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Aloe barbadensis leaf juice, Citric Acid, Linalool, Alpha-isomethylionone, CI 14700 (Red 4), CI 19140 (Yellow 5) CI 42090 (Blue 1)

I used to love it until I came across LovingTan. I wouldn't buy this in the future.

Cons:
-I have sensitive skin, so for 2 days after I would be madly scratching little bumps all over my body.
-The smell wasn't that nice. Especially the first day of your tan, if you sweat on a hot day the tan smell emanating from your body is overpowering.
-The guide colour looks quite patchy while you are baking so I never wanted to wear it out until washed off - in saying that, when it was washed off I was no longer patchy.
- When getting close to its last days it would become very patchy

Pros:
-Good colour

on 5/6/2015 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

First, the smell is awful and I dread putting this stuff on because of it. In addition, the smell does not leave until like 2 days after even if you shower the morning after. It also is very sticky and during the summer when its hot and humid this is not the stuff I want to be putting on my skin. However, the color is amazing. It has a beautiful olive green color and it is dark- unlike the original St Tropez. I would actually sit through a night of headache (aka the smell) for the color. However, there are other brands that offer similar color to this without the smell and the price like Tarte or Vita Liberatas self tanner.

on 9/7/2014 1:18:00 PM

I selftan since 2 months. So far I absolutely love Xen Tan Dark Lotion.

Positives: mousse, super easy and fast to apply with mitt, dries very fast, not orange nor yellow, smells pleasant and after some hours the smell is only noticeable very close to the skin
Negatives: it's not as dark as the Xen Tan dark, after 4-5 days you can notice the patches, when drying it leaves whiter creases where your skin folds (wrists, ankles etc.)

The application is a dream, so quick, easy, dries so fast but the patchiness never happened to me and it is not very attractive. It is not cheap either.

Overall I prefer Xen Tan Dark lotion, although a bit trickier to apply it fades beautifully and gives deeper colour BUT I often dont feel like spending longer time applying and then being careful not to touch anything lol, so I do use them interchangeably.

I will repurchase but if I ever find the mousse which does same without patchiness then I will definitely not think twice about switching.

on 1/26/2014 1:28:00 PM

great non-orange colour but after a shower the next morning almost all of it is gone... i expected something better from a 'dark' mousse

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This tanner is pretty disappointing to me, I would pick my Bondi Sands or Loving Tan over this in a heartbeat.

Firstly, it is not that dark. I like to be pretty tan and this is just not that dark at all, applying more product doesn't do too much for the colour either so it's not really a win no matter how I tried to make it work.

Secondly, the pump on the bottle I have (and I don't know how common this is) leaked product out around it and I would always end up with stained finger tips which I used to pump it out. I had to sanitise the pump to make it stop getting everywhere. I don't know how well that worked as I ditched the product shortly after so I don't know if it still would do it.

But those two points aside, I gave this 4 stars because although I know it's not well suited to what I want I can admit the product generally is very good. The colour is nice and olive, the tan stays on for a good week easily, it absorbs in to the skin well and doesn't leave messy streaks or anything, smells good for fake tanner and so on. For me personally it is not what I am looking for so I won't be buying it again, but for anyone who wants a medium tanner that is easy to apply and stays on well without maintenance this is definitely a good option. For the price point I was a bit disappointed by it, as it is one of the more expensive at home tanners available and I did think I would love it a lot more but hey it's a great product it's just worth the price for me!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this from sephora it is extremely dark which is great and not orange at all since it has a green pigment but on the down side I find that it drys to fast in the skin leaving it streaky I prefer lotions as opposed to foams will not be repurchasing

on 12/11/2013 8:16:00 PM

MY HG TAN!!

After using Le Tan in deep bronze for YEARS, i didnt really need to try anything else, i loved it, and didnt think i could get anything darker.

For some reason, dont remember why, i tried it.
And wow.

It was a completely different colour, it went on a dark moss green, which i freaked out about at first. I was used to Le Tan being orange.

Slept in it, woke up, looked streaky and dark and i freaked! I didnt know this, but that is just the guide colour, and it washed off and looked amazing after a shower.

It is green based so it looks natural, and not like a tandoori chicken. It also doesnt smell as bad as Le Tan.

It kind of fades and doesnt wear off patchy like LeTan too, so i love that aswell!

Only cons are-
. Stains your hands even if you wash straight away, so use a mit!
. Doesnt last long, maybe haf a week to a week so it may use up quickly and its expensive!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

I like this tan, it's a bit on the sticky side for a mousse, but it gives a nice natural looking tan. The thing I don't like about the dark formula is the first day it has quite a greeny tinge to it, however this seems to disappear after the first shower. Must just be part of the colour guide. The original formula is a bit light for the sort of tan I want but has a nicer overall colour.

on 1/23/2018 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have been using this product for the last 2 years and it's still my absolute favourite. I use self-tanner religiously because I'm naturally very fair and I just find that a tan suits me so much better.
St. Tropez dark gives me such a perfect, natural looking tan (which is tough when you're super pale), that lasts well and fades naturally & not patchy like many other tanners. I also find that this mousse is very forgiving; it is extremely easy to blend, and the dark guide colour makes it pretty much impossible to miss a spot.
I always exfoliate before I use it and moisturize my hands, elbows, and feet; when following their steps I've never had any issues. I've tried many other self-tanners and they've either come up short, or led to an orange, streaky disaster.

An important thing to be careful of is that this product will definitely transfer slightly and tint your clothes when its developing, I put it on at night time and just make sure to put a towel on my pillow and wear loose dark pyjamas. I have made the mistake of wearing like clothes after initial application and my clothes looked like they'd been soaked in mud in the morning, but it came right out when I washed them.
Just a side note, I'm also not that big of a fan of St.Tropez's tanning mitt because I feel like it absorbs too much product, personally I love the Vita-Liberata mitt (even though I really dislike their self tanner) because its smoothes out the tan so easily over the skin and doesn't soak it all up.

on 9/22/2014 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Where to start!
Packaging is a cool black and blue normal pump bottle.
I apply to washed and exfoliated skin with a tanning mitt. Rubs in fairly well, easy to see the coverage as of the colour guide - appears green! This is good tho - weighs out the orange look you see on most people when it has developed.
I apply a little bit of moisturiser to hands and webbing etc - works perfectly. Not even needed unless you have dry skin.
I would not wear any light coloured clothes for a good few hours tho... It will rub onto the clothing/sheets. HOWEVER it does not smudge the tan on your body... unless you obviously rub it harshly.
DO NOT go near any water until it has developed.... its hard to fix/patch up again.
Having a shower is a must after it has set... you will have a green tinge to your skin.
A lot comes off in the shower but still gives a nice tanned effect. Pat your skin dry after every shower to increase the life of it.
Moisturise with a nourishing cream... i wouldn't recommended St Tropez moisturises as a combo with this, need to mix it up with something that you know will nourish your skin otherwise it will go flakey. yuck - one con with this!
Wears at a nice strong tan for a few days then slowly goes to a sun kissed look for about 1-1.5 weeks.
LOVE this product!