NYX Pore Filler

NYX Pore Filler

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Isododecane, Silica, Polymethylmethacrylate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Butylparaben, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499

on 3/26/2017 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Doesn't really seem like anything special to me. Also quite expensive for being a NYX product. It does make my makeup look smoother, but it has no SPF, no illuminating qualities, etc. I'll use up the tube but won't repurchase. 3/5 lippies.

on 3/12/2017 11:07:00 AM

First off packaging fail bc every time I go to squeeze the tube this stuff splatters everywhere. It's thick but also it doesn't adhere to itself-- like it doesn't come out in a solid paste. Rather it splatters into a bunch of loose silicone balls.

Then I apply it to my face and no matter how I do it, rub it in, pat it on-- the results are poor...

Makes my foundation go on cakey and like separated onto my face. Like my face has a million little dots like my foundation is separating.

2 lippies bc this actually does control my oil well. But not very helpful when it doesn't keep my foundation intact.

I wait forever for this to set and it never does. Wait 10 minutes? 15? It doesn't matter when I go to put foundation on it still separates over this product.

I rehomed this into a small tub bc I couldn't take the mess it made everywhere, but I still really dislike the product.

It wasn't exactly cheap-- it was $15. The most expensive drugstore primer I've purchased. If it wasn't so pricey I would have thrown it away, but I wanna feel like I got my money's worth. I didn't.

on 2/20/2017 4:29:00 PM

I purchased this product in order to find something that would fill in my pores at a cheaper price then the Benefit Porefessional. When I first started using this product, I LOVED IT. It filled in my large pores like I wanted and looked great underneath my foundation. But when I got to about a half a tube, I started noticing the product balling up on my face. It got so bad that after I applied my foundation, it actually looked like my face was peeling. It was horrendous. This product is about $15 and even though it is cheaper than the Porefessional, it is not worth the price whatsoever because you are only able to use half of the product. Bottom line, the product is horrible and way overpriced.

on 11/24/2016 11:00:00 PM

It's expensive and does not work. Plain and simple. The texture is awful, it kinda splurts out in clumps out of the tube and does nothing for my skin.

on 11/7/2016 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I have quite dry skin, so I apply moisturiser before putting this on but still it's terribile. I can't even say if it's doing a good job of making my pores seem smaller because I can't see them under all the dry skin this product brings out. My face would look fine before but after applying this it'll be like the desert. Luckily this wasn't that expensive. Would not reccomend for dry skin.

on 9/21/2016 7:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have really been enjoying this primer as a standalone product to even out my skin's texture and blur the appearance of my pores. I don't wear foundation, but sometimes just want to make my skin look smoother and this has been perfect for that. I've also noticed that my skin doesn't get anywhere near as oily as it usually does when I use this. I mainly apply it around my nose/inner cheeks, chin, and forehead. Out of the bottle the texture is a bit odd (almost clumpy), but once it hits the skin it immediately smooths out and is easy to spread. It's also super light and I can't feel it at all once applied. Skin just looks and feels smoother. I have very sensitive and clog-prone skin and have had zero issues. Only downside is that it's a bit pricey for the size ($13.99 for 0.67 oz) and the fact that it's a low-end brand, but Ulta usually has coupons that help.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using Benefits Porefessional for a while now and needed to repurchase. Saw that NYX had a similar product in a travel size for $5 so I decided to try it. So far I have only used it under make up and it helps minimize pores a little bit but the effect doesn't last. I actually grabbed a tube of Shine Killer too (also $5) and use them both in conjunction.

First I use Shine Killer in my t zone. Then I gently layer Pore Filler on top and also my cheeks. I use a light touch to allow the product to fill in pores rather than rubbing the product in. I let this all settle in for a few minutes before I put on my foundation. I can see that Pore Filler is filling in and blurring the look of pores but it does not last :(

Within a few hours it's like the product dissolves or something and bam there are my huge pores again. That being said, Porefessional performs no differently for me.... So I suppose Pore Killer wins by being much cheaper...

I have oily skin with large pores so most products can't hold up to the oil and break down. I am not acne prone and have not had any issues with silicone based products.

on 8/19/2016 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This has been my everyday primer for the past month. As I state in all my reviews, I wear minimal makeup. I have always absolutely LOVED makeup, have a nice little collection (in my opinion), and have been known to wander around the makeup section of any store for hours on end. But, I think I look my personal best and feel most confident when I rock my simple, fresh "no make-up" makeup look. Okay onto the review lol. I am fairly new to the world of primers, but since I've discovered them, I have become slightly obsessed. I love the idea of a product filling in my pores and blurring imperfections without adding a layer of color and texture to my already textured face. I am really happy with the NYX pore filler. After washing my face and moisturizing with grapeseed oil (letting the oil absorb for a few minutes) I use this primer on my cheeks, under eyes, eyelids, nose, forehead, and chin, concentrating on my nose and the area where my cheeks meet my nose, where my pores are largest. I think it does a beautiful job of blurring and filling in my pores. I know most people hate the feel of silicone primers but I personally love the silky yet dry texture of this one. I have very oily skin and this does a nice job of mattifying me. On top of the primer I only use Maybelline's Dream Touch concealer/highlighter (I have reviewed this product as well - it's my HG) and then a light dusting of loose translucent powder (review to come). I am almost scared to try another new primer fearing I won't like it as much. I feel like this product, when used with my Dream Touch concealer, is the PERFECT amount of coverage for my skin. I also feel like it creates a barrier between the precious skin on my face and the disgusting world of germs we live in. This could be complete BS, but it makes me feel better when I find myself unconsciously touching my face with inevitably dirty fingers. I will continue to use this product everyday and will repurchase until I am convinced to try a different primer.

pros:
-blurs my skin
-fills in my enlarged pores
-feels silky upon application
-matte finish but not drying on my skin (although I am oily)
-looks nice alone or under makeup
-no odor

cons:
-silicone based (which I actually like but apparently I stand alone on this lol)
-may feel "greasy" to some
-product sometimes comes out of the tube funny, almost like dry chunks until you warm it between fingers

on 7/31/2016 2:29:00 PM

I'm surprised by the many negative reviews for this product, it's probably my favorite pore minimizing primer. The other ones I have tried are Benefit's Porefessional and the Sephora Collection pore minimizing primer. The NYX Pore Filler has a thicker, drier consistency than both of these and its effects last longer for me, around 6 to 8 hours.

I use it over sunscreen and under foundation or BB cream. I apply it on my nose, forehead and inner cheek area, wait about a minute for it to set and then apply my foundation/BB cream. I think it does a very good job of minimizing my pores, although it does not hide them completely. It also helps minimize oiliness throughout the day, although that is not my main concern, and, very importantly, does not break me out.

A small negative for me is that it prevents some BB creams I apply on top of it from setting completely and may cause some transfer, but nothing major.

on 7/31/2016 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Terrible primer. I bought this as I have some visible pores around my nose and this did absolutely nothing to minimize them. I wouldn't have minded but the consistency of this is very thick and felt horrible on my skin. Didn't even finish the tube because it was so terrible!