NYX Pore Filler

NYX Pore Filler
Pore Filler

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Isododecane, Silica, Polymethylmethacrylate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Butylparaben, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499

I use this on top of NYX angel veil primer just over the spots where my pores are larger than the rest of my face. This primer comes out of the tube weird as hell, like nude colored cottage cheese. But it works! I let my face primer dry/set before I use this pore filler. I use a tiny little bit of it, warm it between my index and middle fingers, then tap/pat it over the area. I don't recommend rubbing this one in, it doesn't leave a nice finish when you do that. I wait for that to dry then apply my foundation. This makes my skin look crazy good, like I'm wearing an instagram filter in real life! I always get compliments on how smooth my makeup looks when I wear this stuff. It does cling to dry patches though, so I use a skin oil under my moisturizer and that solves that issue.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

No. This fills your pores but leaves your skin looking dry and patchy. For $12 and being drugstore i think that’s so crazy. This is a big no no. Steer clear from this pore filler!

on 10/29/2017 4:48:00 PM

Does fill pores (I've used it on its own and over foundation) but wears off within a few hours and the pores become visible again. I'm 48 and find this looks horrible on fine lines - makes them look dryer and more visible. I can only use this on my nose and upper cheeks. I have yet to try this under foundation so will update if it works.

on 7/28/2017 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I like this primer but I'm not absolutely in love with it.
I think it fills pores but not enough for me to consider it a true pore filling primer, so you can't just use it by itself like the box it comes in suggests.
What I do love is that it is very tacky so it does make the makeup stay in put and it does blur the pores pretty well.
There isn't a strong smell so there's nothing to worry about on that end if smells are offputting to you.

I would buy this again if I ran out but I was disappointed that I couldn't just wear this on my low-key days because having that on the box was something that really drew me to it. That and the fact that there isn't much product in it (at least it doesnt feel heavy at all) is why I only gave 3 stars

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Earlier, I quickly scanned to see previous reviews for this product and found that many, if not most, were rather negative. However, I know that experiencing beauty products is a personal thing, right? Well, I'm here to say that my experience with NYX's Pore Filler is wonderful! I have large pores in my T-zone, and this product did what it promised: creates a satiny, smooth finish that minimizes the appearance of enlarged pores. Yes, it has done just this!

IMPORTANTLY, I shook the tube very well (30 secs) and then applied a bit to the back of my hand. And with clean fingers, I only put the product where my large pores are and dabbed it in. Of course, I started with a clean, moisturized face (and today, that is Shiseido's Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate followed by Lancome's Hydra Zen) and waited for about 10 minutes before applying Pore Filler. NOTE: I applied Pore Filler in natural, morning light so that I could do a good job at blending it with my skin colour.

SIDEBAR: I use natural morning light to apply all of my makeup and do a final check at my bathroom mirror.

RESULTS: The product feels light, smooth, and satiny on my skin, and MY PORES (thank the Lord) disappear! At first, the product was lighter than my skin's pigment, but the longer it's on, the better it blends into my skin colour. When I look at myself in a Hollywood dressing-room-style mirror, my skin looks picture perfect.

I'm not wearing any other makeup today other than lip balm, and my face feels fabulous! I would buy this again, but I only plan to do so after I first try Benefit's POREfessional face primer, which reminds me:

I paid $17 CAD for 20mL (0.67 fl.oz.), and I think that is a lot of money ONLY IF I have to replace the tube quickly. But I didn't have to use much to do the job today. I've had the product on for about 4 hours now with no need to touch up.

Finally, I think NYX should include a "shake well before use" instruction on the tube. For me, this was quite an important step in the process.

I can't make this product work for me even though I have tried but only succeeding in putting it away.

This product gave me breakout at where I applied this product which were at both sides of my cheeks. I tried applying in a smaller amount but it still gave me breakout nonetheless.

This was unfortunate especially it really mattified my skin, reduced my pores, and made my makeup lasted longer. If excluding the breakout it gave me, I would say this was such a great product especially at this price at THB 490 (which converts to approximately USD 15).

Of course, I would not trade for a product that was affordable and made myself looking good only when I had my makeup on. Some said this product is a dupe for the "Benefit Porefessional", and I have to say "not quite" (I ordered a free sample from Sephora Bangkok). The texture may be the same but the formula was absolutely NOT since the "Benefit Porefessional" didn't give me breakout.

Moreover, I have discovered that I don't really need a primer especially as long as I take care of my skin well. Personally, I think we, as a consumer, buy (unnecessarily) stuffs because of the hype surrounding us. We add another 'step' because someone recommends us to when we don't really need to. I agree that for some people it is necessarily to have a primer, but if you know that you DON'T NEED, then even a primer at drugstore price doesn't worth the splurge.

on 5/25/2017 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Didn't do a thing!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is actually pretty good, but you have to use more than most primers, which is what I hate the most about this primer. You'll end up going through this so fast and it's not even cheap at 15-20 dollars CAN. Honestly that's the only reason I won't repurchase this despite this working very well, perhaps as nice or maybe better than some high end primers once it dries (more on that below).

When I first got this (and I got it as a gift cause my sister couldn't find the smashbox primer I wanted lol) I didn't like it at all, and I put it away, trying to use it a couple times just because my sister was kinda angry she spent so much and I wasn't even using it haha. But....fast forward several months later it dried a bit and it worked SO much better. I think if I were to use a brand new bottle I would leave some primer on my hand or somewhere clean to dry it out just a bit before applying cause it fills in way better.

So all in all, decent product, just way too expensive because you're going to be paying more in the long run than a high end primer. I would just get YSL or something because one, you'll pay less because you barely need any with that stuff so it'll last a long time and you don't need to dry it out or anything, it just works.

on 6/22/2017 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is good stuff. Tend to use it either by itself in place of base for "no makeup" looks or sometimes over the top of foundation if my pores are looking extra crater like. It does what it says- it definitely blurs your pores and fills them to an extent. I haven't worn this under foundation for a long time- never been a fan of primers as I find they mess with the texture of the foundation too much, which is obviously their thing but not in a good way for me at least. Packaging is good in the sense that it doesn't dispense too much product at a time.

on 6/20/2017 1:24:00 AM

I love this product. It does not miraculously make my large pores dissappear, but it does help a little. It softens them up a bit. So it takes them from rough looking, to soft looking which I would say is an improvement. It comes out in thick clumps, but smooths out to an undetected consistency on the face. Because of its initial consistency, you do end up using quite a bit of the product though. The first two days I applied all over my face, but now I have resorted to only using it on my nose and inner cheeks where my pores are most noticeable so the product will last longer.