NYX Pore Filler

NYX Pore Filler

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Isododecane, Silica, Polymethylmethacrylate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Butylparaben, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499

I can't make this product work for me even though I have tried but only succeeding in putting it away.

This product gave me breakout at where I applied this product which were at both sides of my cheeks. I tried applying in a smaller amount but it still gave me breakout nonetheless.

This was unfortunate especially it really mattified my skin, reduced my pores, and made my makeup lasted longer. If excluding the breakout it gave me, I would say this was such a great product especially at this price at THB 490 (which converts to approximately USD 15).

Of course, I would not trade for a product that was affordable and made myself looking good only when I had my makeup on. Some said this product is a dupe for the "Benefit Porefessional", and I have to say "not quite" (I ordered a free sample from Sephora Bangkok). The texture may be the same but the formula was absolutely NOT since the "Benefit Porefessional" didn't give me breakout.

Moreover, I have discovered that I don't really need a primer especially as long as I take care of my skin well. Personally, I think we, as a consumer, buy (unnecessarily) stuffs because of the hype surrounding us. We add another 'step' because someone recommends us to when we don't really need to. I agree that for some people it is necessarily to have a primer, but if you know that you DON'T NEED, then even a primer at drugstore price doesn't worth the splurge.

on 7/28/2017 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I like this primer but I'm not absolutely in love with it.
I think it fills pores but not enough for me to consider it a true pore filling primer, so you can't just use it by itself like the box it comes in suggests.
What I do love is that it is very tacky so it does make the makeup stay in put and it does blur the pores pretty well.
There isn't a strong smell so there's nothing to worry about on that end if smells are offputting to you.

I would buy this again if I ran out but I was disappointed that I couldn't just wear this on my low-key days because having that on the box was something that really drew me to it. That and the fact that there isn't much product in it (at least it doesnt feel heavy at all) is why I only gave 3 stars

on 5/25/2017 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Didn't do a thing!

on 6/22/2017 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is good stuff. Tend to use it either by itself in place of base for "no makeup" looks or sometimes over the top of foundation if my pores are looking extra crater like. It does what it says- it definitely blurs your pores and fills them to an extent. I haven't worn this under foundation for a long time- never been a fan of primers as I find they mess with the texture of the foundation too much, which is obviously their thing but not in a good way for me at least. Packaging is good in the sense that it doesn't dispense too much product at a time.

on 6/20/2017 1:24:00 AM

I love this product. It does not miraculously make my large pores dissappear, but it does help a little. It softens them up a bit. So it takes them from rough looking, to soft looking which I would say is an improvement. It comes out in thick clumps, but smooths out to an undetected consistency on the face. Because of its initial consistency, you do end up using quite a bit of the product though. The first two days I applied all over my face, but now I have resorted to only using it on my nose and inner cheeks where my pores are most noticeable so the product will last longer.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Earlier, I quickly scanned to see previous reviews for this product and found that many, if not most, were rather negative. However, I know that experiencing beauty products is a personal thing, right? Well, I'm here to say that my experience with NYX's Pore Filler is wonderful! I have large pores in my T-zone, and this product did what it promised: creates a satiny, smooth finish that minimizes the appearance of enlarged pores. Yes, it has done just this!

IMPORTANTLY, I shook the tube very well (30 secs) and then applied a bit to the back of my hand. And with clean fingers, I only put the product where my large pores are and dabbed it in. Of course, I started with a clean, moisturized face (and today, that is Shiseido's Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate followed by Lancome's Hydra Zen) and waited for about 10 minutes before applying Pore Filler. NOTE: I applied Pore Filler in natural, morning light so that I could do a good job at blending it with my skin colour.

SIDEBAR: I use natural morning light to apply all of my makeup and do a final check at my bathroom mirror.

RESULTS: The product feels light, smooth, and satiny on my skin, and MY PORES (thank the Lord) disappear! At first, the product was lighter than my skin's pigment, but the longer it's on, the better it blends into my skin colour. When I look at myself in a Hollywood dressing-room-style mirror, my skin looks picture perfect.

I'm not wearing any other makeup today other than lip balm, and my face feels fabulous! I would buy this again, but I only plan to do so after I first try Benefit's POREfessional face primer, which reminds me:

I paid $17 CAD for 20mL (0.67 fl.oz.), and I think that is a lot of money ONLY IF I have to replace the tube quickly. But I didn't have to use much to do the job today. I've had the product on for about 4 hours now with no need to touch up.

Finally, I think NYX should include a "shake well before use" instruction on the tube. For me, this was quite an important step in the process.

on 3/29/2017 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I'm a fan of NYX overall, but this was a disappointment. As others have said, it balls up on your face and takes your makeup with it. It is silicone-y in the extreme and just does not seem to play well with other products. Really looks terrible - definitely worse than using no primer at all. To make it worse, it's also one of the most expensive drugstore primers I've seen. I plan to return it.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is actually pretty good, but you have to use more than most primers, which is what I hate the most about this primer. You'll end up going through this so fast and it's not even cheap at 15-20 dollars CAN. Honestly that's the only reason I won't repurchase this despite this working very well, perhaps as nice or maybe better than some high end primers once it dries (more on that below).

When I first got this (and I got it as a gift cause my sister couldn't find the smashbox primer I wanted lol) I didn't like it at all, and I put it away, trying to use it a couple times just because my sister was kinda angry she spent so much and I wasn't even using it haha. But....fast forward several months later it dried a bit and it worked SO much better. I think if I were to use a brand new bottle I would leave some primer on my hand or somewhere clean to dry it out just a bit before applying cause it fills in way better.

So all in all, decent product, just way too expensive because you're going to be paying more in the long run than a high end primer. I would just get YSL or something because one, you'll pay less because you barely need any with that stuff so it'll last a long time and you don't need to dry it out or anything, it just works.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I used to use Dr Brandt Pores No More, then found Benefit Porefessional to be superior and have been using that for years. I have recently tried a couple other pore minimizer products which did absolutely nothing for me (they were those clear pure silicone gel-like products, like Maybelline Baby Skin). CVS had a good deal on NYX and I saw the Pore Filler and figured what's the worst that could happen. Well, that turned into what's the BEST that could happen ! As the previous reviewer stated, this is very similar to Porefessional. Same color (a nice matte nude) and same consistency (yes, it comes out of tube a little less smoothly but once it's out it's pretty much the same). This product has EXCELLENT pore minimizing capabilities as far as I'm concerned. I have a few large pores on my nose, and this really does make them almost disappear. I dab this into the larger pores, let it dry a few minutes, then apply a light layer over my whole nose, let dry a few minutes, then gently wipe off any excess with a tissue. With Porefessional I had to touch up mid-day because the product seems to wear off (my nose would be shiny and pores visible again). The NYX keeps my pores hidden and my oil controlled through almost the whole 8 hour workday. (I do not use any makeup over this, so I cannot speak to how it affects makeup wear). To put the icing on the cake, it's about 1/2 the price or less. Bye bye Benefit, I'm sticking with NYX !
Updating to add that I've been using this on my eye wrinkles (crows feet) and it works really great to minimize the lines and lasts all day

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

A good dupe for Benefit's Porefessional at a fraction of the cost. It doesn't come as smoothly out of the tube, but applies just the same. I wear it occasionally and only use a small amount on and around my nose where my pores are more noticeable.

Popular Primer/ Correctors