NYX Pore Filler

NYX Pore Filler

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Isododecane, Silica, Polymethylmethacrylate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Butylparaben, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499

on 5/25/2017 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Didn't do a thing!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is actually pretty good, but you have to use more than most primers, which is what I hate the most about this primer. You'll end up going through this so fast and it's not even cheap at 15-20 dollars CAN. Honestly that's the only reason I won't repurchase this despite this working very well, perhaps as nice or maybe better than some high end primers once it dries (more on that below).

When I first got this (and I got it as a gift cause my sister couldn't find the smashbox primer I wanted lol) I didn't like it at all, and I put it away, trying to use it a couple times just because my sister was kinda angry she spent so much and I wasn't even using it haha. But....fast forward several months later it dried a bit and it worked SO much better. I think if I were to use a brand new bottle I would leave some primer on my hand or somewhere clean to dry it out just a bit before applying cause it fills in way better.

So all in all, decent product, just way too expensive because you're going to be paying more in the long run than a high end primer. I would just get YSL or something because one, you'll pay less because you barely need any with that stuff so it'll last a long time and you don't need to dry it out or anything, it just works.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I used to use Dr Brandt Pores No More, then found Benefit Porefessional to be superior and have been using that for years. I have recently tried a couple other pore minimizer products which did absolutely nothing for me (they were those clear pure silicone gel-like products, like Maybelline Baby Skin). CVS had a good deal on NYX and I saw the Pore Filler and figured what's the worst that could happen. Well, that turned into what's the BEST that could happen ! As the previous reviewer stated, this is very similar to Porefessional. Same color (a nice matte nude) and same consistency (yes, it comes out of tube a little less smoothly but once it's out it's pretty much the same). This product has EXCELLENT pore minimizing capabilities as far as I'm concerned. I have a few large pores on my nose, and this really does make them almost disappear. I dab this into the larger pores, let it dry a few minutes, then apply a light layer over my whole nose, let dry a few minutes, then gently wipe off any excess with a tissue. With Porefessional I had to touch up mid-day because the product seems to wear off (my nose would be shiny and pores visible again). The NYX keeps my pores hidden and my oil controlled through almost the whole 8 hour workday. (I do not use any makeup over this, so I cannot speak to how it affects makeup wear). To put the icing on the cake, it's about 1/2 the price or less. Bye bye Benefit, I'm sticking with NYX !
Updating to add that I've been using this on my eye wrinkles (crows feet) and it works really great to minimize the lines and lasts all day

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

A good dupe for Benefit's Porefessional at a fraction of the cost. It doesn't come as smoothly out of the tube, but applies just the same. I wear it occasionally and only use a small amount on and around my nose where my pores are more noticeable.

on 3/29/2017 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I'm a fan of NYX overall, but this was a disappointment. As others have said, it balls up on your face and takes your makeup with it. It is silicone-y in the extreme and just does not seem to play well with other products. Really looks terrible - definitely worse than using no primer at all. To make it worse, it's also one of the most expensive drugstore primers I've seen. I plan to return it.

on 3/26/2017 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Doesn't really seem like anything special to me. Also quite expensive for being a NYX product. It does make my makeup look smoother, but it has no SPF, no illuminating qualities, etc. I'll use up the tube but won't repurchase. 3/5 lippies.

on 3/12/2017 11:07:00 AM

First off packaging fail bc every time I go to squeeze the tube this stuff splatters everywhere. It's thick but also it doesn't adhere to itself-- like it doesn't come out in a solid paste. Rather it splatters into a bunch of loose silicone balls.

Then I apply it to my face and no matter how I do it, rub it in, pat it on-- the results are poor...

Makes my foundation go on cakey and like separated onto my face. Like my face has a million little dots like my foundation is separating.

2 lippies bc this actually does control my oil well. But not very helpful when it doesn't keep my foundation intact.

I wait forever for this to set and it never does. Wait 10 minutes? 15? It doesn't matter when I go to put foundation on it still separates over this product.

I rehomed this into a small tub bc I couldn't take the mess it made everywhere, but I still really dislike the product.

It wasn't exactly cheap-- it was $15. The most expensive drugstore primer I've purchased. If it wasn't so pricey I would have thrown it away, but I wanna feel like I got my money's worth. I didn't.

on 2/20/2017 4:29:00 PM

I purchased this product in order to find something that would fill in my pores at a cheaper price then the Benefit Porefessional. When I first started using this product, I LOVED IT. It filled in my large pores like I wanted and looked great underneath my foundation. But when I got to about a half a tube, I started noticing the product balling up on my face. It got so bad that after I applied my foundation, it actually looked like my face was peeling. It was horrendous. This product is about $15 and even though it is cheaper than the Porefessional, it is not worth the price whatsoever because you are only able to use half of the product. Bottom line, the product is horrible and way overpriced.

on 11/24/2016 11:00:00 PM

It's expensive and does not work. Plain and simple. The texture is awful, it kinda splurts out in clumps out of the tube and does nothing for my skin.

on 11/7/2016 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I have quite dry skin, so I apply moisturiser before putting this on but still it's terribile. I can't even say if it's doing a good job of making my pores seem smaller because I can't see them under all the dry skin this product brings out. My face would look fine before but after applying this it'll be like the desert. Luckily this wasn't that expensive. Would not reccomend for dry skin.

Popular Primer/ Correctors