NYX Pore Filler

NYX Pore Filler

3.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Isododecane, Silica, Polymethylmethacrylate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Butylparaben, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499

on 9/21/2016 7:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have really been enjoying this primer as a standalone product to even out my skin's texture and blur the appearance of my pores. I don't wear foundation, but sometimes just want to make my skin look smoother and this has been perfect for that. I've also noticed that my skin doesn't get anywhere near as oily as it usually does when I use this. I mainly apply it around my nose/inner cheeks, chin, and forehead. Out of the bottle the texture is a bit odd (almost clumpy), but once it hits the skin it immediately smooths out and is easy to spread. It's also super light and I can't feel it at all once applied. Skin just looks and feels smoother. I have very sensitive and clog-prone skin and have had zero issues. Only downside is that it's a bit pricey for the size ($13.99 for 0.67 oz) and the fact that it's a low-end brand, but Ulta usually has coupons that help.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using Benefits Porefessional for a while now and needed to repurchase. Saw that NYX had a similar product in a travel size for $5 so I decided to try it. So far I have only used it under make up and it helps minimize pores a little bit but the effect doesn't last. I actually grabbed a tube of Shine Killer too (also $5) and use them both in conjunction.

First I use Shine Killer in my t zone. Then I gently layer Pore Filler on top and also my cheeks. I use a light touch to allow the product to fill in pores rather than rubbing the product in. I let this all settle in for a few minutes before I put on my foundation. I can see that Pore Filler is filling in and blurring the look of pores but it does not last :(

Within a few hours it's like the product dissolves or something and bam there are my huge pores again. That being said, Porefessional performs no differently for me.... So I suppose Pore Killer wins by being much cheaper...

I have oily skin with large pores so most products can't hold up to the oil and break down. I am not acne prone and have not had any issues with silicone based products.

To Read all 73 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/19/2016 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This has been my everyday primer for the past month. As I state in all my reviews, I wear minimal makeup. I have always absolutely LOVED makeup, have a nice little collection (in my opinion), and have been known to wander around the makeup section of any store for hours on end. But, I think I look my personal best and feel most confident when I rock my simple, fresh "no make-up" makeup look. Okay onto the review lol. I am fairly new to the world of primers, but since I've discovered them, I have become slightly obsessed. I love the idea of a product filling in my pores and blurring imperfections without adding a layer of color and texture to my already textured face. I am really happy with the NYX pore filler. After washing my face and moisturizing with grapeseed oil (letting the oil absorb for a few minutes) I use this primer on my cheeks, under eyes, eyelids, nose, forehead, and chin, concentrating on my nose and the area where my cheeks meet my nose, where my pores are largest. I think it does a beautiful job of blurring and filling in my pores. I know most people hate the feel of silicone primers but I personally love the silky yet dry texture of this one. I have very oily skin and this does a nice job of mattifying me. On top of the primer I only use Maybelline's Dream Touch concealer/highlighter (I have reviewed this product as well - it's my HG) and then a light dusting of loose translucent powder (review to come). I am almost scared to try another new primer fearing I won't like it as much. I feel like this product, when used with my Dream Touch concealer, is the PERFECT amount of coverage for my skin. I also feel like it creates a barrier between the precious skin on my face and the disgusting world of germs we live in. This could be complete BS, but it makes me feel better when I find myself unconsciously touching my face with inevitably dirty fingers. I will continue to use this product everyday and will repurchase until I am convinced to try a different primer.

pros:
-blurs my skin
-fills in my enlarged pores
-feels silky upon application
-matte finish but not drying on my skin (although I am oily)
-looks nice alone or under makeup
-no odor

cons:
-silicone based (which I actually like but apparently I stand alone on this lol)
-may feel "greasy" to some
-product sometimes comes out of the tube funny, almost like dry chunks until you warm it between fingers

on 7/31/2016 2:29:00 PM

I'm surprised by the many negative reviews for this product, it's probably my favorite pore minimizing primer. The other ones I have tried are Benefit's Porefessional and the Sephora Collection pore minimizing primer. The NYX Pore Filler has a thicker, drier consistency than both of these and its effects last longer for me, around 6 to 8 hours.

I use it over sunscreen and under foundation or BB cream. I apply it on my nose, forehead and inner cheek area, wait about a minute for it to set and then apply my foundation/BB cream. I think it does a very good job of minimizing my pores, although it does not hide them completely. It also helps minimize oiliness throughout the day, although that is not my main concern, and, very importantly, does not break me out.

A small negative for me is that it prevents some BB creams I apply on top of it from setting completely and may cause some transfer, but nothing major.

on 7/31/2016 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Terrible primer. I bought this as I have some visible pores around my nose and this did absolutely nothing to minimize them. I wouldn't have minded but the consistency of this is very thick and felt horrible on my skin. Didn't even finish the tube because it was so terrible!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I am always in search of a new product to minimise my pores. I have an uneven texture. Firstly this primer is rather expensive for a drugstore product but I am always willing to try as long as my skin doesn't break out. This doesn't.
I have been using this for a couple of days now. My foundation is almost flawless and smooth! My make up looks fresh and last even longer for hours!
I use my day cream first then use this and in addition I use a primer - Mac prep and prime then foundation.
My recommendation is the skin must be moisture and must add the usual cream primer on top of this pore filler before foundation to give a smooth finish. Then it works. If this use on dry skin which my skin is then this will dry very fast and spoil the consistency. Must apply on moisture skin but not wet. Must let the day cream soaks a little to the skin.

on 7/7/2016 12:41:00 PM

I used this product 4 days in a row on my nose, cheeks and chin under my makeup. It says it can't be used without makeup. I found no change to the look of my pores without make up but it did make my skin soft. With makeup, I still saw my pores. It didn't do anything but it did keep my makeup looking fresh for longer. I started breaking out on my chin so I stopped using it and the break out went any instantl . I won't be using this product again and it won't be staying in my collection.

i love this product because it doesnt breakout my skin, and this didnt have a scent.. also my makeup last longer. but this didnt minimize my pore...

on 6/19/2016 10:57:00 AM

I thought maybe this would've been a cruelty free dupe for the Porefessional, and in some ways it's very similar. Of course it's not gonna be as good, but for the amount of money for the NYX one vs. Benefit Porefessional, why not try it out? It does give me that same kind of look that the Porefessional does, but it doesn't smell as good (which I guess doesn't really matter to me). Both of them though are hard to use under make up, where I need both of them.

Anyway, it made my face seem more oily than it was after only an hour. It felt thick and chunky on my face and mostly my t Zone, where I applied it the most. After a while I felt like it actually made my pores more visible.

It's been a week since I've been using it every other day, just on my t zone. And I'm breaking out horrifically.. all over my t zone. Now it's hard to say that it's the pore filler causing this break out, but I haven't been using many new products except this one so its almost safe to say that it is.

When my mom saw this product she said, "that's gonna FILL your pores? that's a breakout waiting to happen" .. and mamas know best.

I'm kind of disappointed, so no, I won't be buying this again or really recommending it to anyone, as much as I love NYX and everything they do. :(

What a weird product. I loved it (LOVED) in the store. I put it on the back of my hand and it made it look so smooth it looked fake. Bought.
The problem is, it takes a lot to get that look on your face. A lot of product. The product itself is a really odd consistency that makes it hard to spread around (because it seems to disappear when you touch your skin) and also fall out and get wasted since it's not viscous and wont' go onto your finger tip in a neat little spreadable dollop.

It didn't wow me at all on my face. I have pretty decent skin to begin with, just larger pores, and this really didn't do much. I feel like I wasted my money, and I don't use it anymore.

Pros: lightweight, standard packaging, doesn't smell bad, didn't break out my sensitive skin
Cons: bad consistency, doesn't do what it promises, easily wasted product

Will not buy again.