NYX Professional Makeup Pore Filler

NYX Professional Makeup Pore Filler
Pore Filler

3.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Isododecane, Silica, Polymethylmethacrylate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Butylparaben, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499

on 3/19/2019 9:58:00 AM

I have very large pores and have tried a multitude of pore fillers to hide them. This is one of the few that does the job for me. I don't care for the texture out of the bottle. It comes out of the tube like thick toothpaste and is a little slippery but that super thick texture probably plays a part in why it stays put. I warm it up with my fingertips then dab it on to fill the pores and lightly smooth it out. This leaves my skin too slippery for foundation to stay put so on days I wear foundation I layer primer over the pore filler before applying foundation. Most days I just use the pore filler and tinted moisturizer over it. Either way, I use this product almost every day.

on 3/12/2019 7:33:00 PM

It comes out in little clumps, it doesn’t apply smoothly and it feels like it wants to clump together again as I try to spread it out so I can only use a very very small amount. It makes my skin look very smooth and blurred directly after I apply it but somehow still doesn’t make my pores look any smaller when my foundation is applied, nor does it prolong the wear, and I have quite dry skin so it’s not a hard job.

It just does nothing for me, won’t repurchase or even use it up probably.

This was a very disappointing purchase. The product didn't do anything for my large pores. I hated the 'silicony' feel of it on my face. It also seemed as if my foundation was sliding all over and giving way less coverage. My skin didn't look even. I couldn't wait to wash my face. Tried it few times but I just shouldn't have to work so hard to make a product work. The price was also outrageous for a drug store product ($20CAD). Going straight in the garbage.

on 7/10/2018 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I want to start by saying I'm not an expert when it comes to primers and I have tried out quite a few. I was skeptical at first because 1. The price 2. The colour and 3. The texture. But once I applied it to my face (mainly my Tzone) by first gently rubbing it between my fingers then pressing it on I was surprised. It feels great on my skin and I was able to apply my foundation flawlessly. I don't have big pores but when I use this is does a great job of minimizing their appearance. I have sensitive acne prone skin and I had no issues with this which is why I repurchased it twice even though I'm not pleased with the price. But like everyone has said a little does go a long way. It's best to use this on top of moisturizer especially if you have dry skin.

on 5/26/2018 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of the very few products that I haven't questioned buying over and over and over again. I don't actually wear makeup on a daily basis (most days I just wear moisturizer, sunscreen, and this) and this product is about 90% of the reason why I feel comfortable with that. It smooths out my skin and gives it a matte finish that lasts all day, and it doesn't make my skin go red like a lot of other products do. (It also doesn't break me out, but I'm not usually prone to acne and it normally takes a lot to break me out, so definitely take that with a grain of salt). I should probably note that I'm 22 so I don't have many lines to fill on my skin, but I really do think this does a great job of filling pores.

Of course, for a drugstore product, I definitely feel like this one is on the expensive side of things (with taxes it's almost $20 CAN) and I find myself running out of it more often than I would like (though I do literally use it every day, so maybe I should be surprised?) but, unless a cheaper and better version of this comes along, I can't imagine not repurchasing it.

Also, I feel like I should warn you that this product looks really, really gross by itself- I have a feeling it does such a good job at filling pores because it lowkey almost looks like something that you would pop out of a pimple and it doesn't really look like something you would want to put on your face, and it almost feels oily when you first put it on but, once you get past all of that, I've found that it really does work brilliantly.

EDIT: I also just realized that I didn't actually mention how this works as a primer when I'm wearing makeup SO- When I'm actually using this as a primer, it's always worked great for me. I'll do my usual moisturizer, sunscreen, primer routine, and then I'll give it all a few moments to set in before I put finishing powder on and then start with my foundation etc. etc. etc. and I find that whatever I'm putting on goes on incredibly smoothly, and manages to last all day before I need to touch it up or (at the very least) do some oil blotting. Really, I don't have any complaints about this product and how it's worked on my skin!

on 4/27/2018 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm in my late 60's, and I have a few lines and noticeable pores. This product does a splendid job of blurring the skin and smoothing out imperfections.

on 4/27/2018 6:50:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have tried everything under the sun to disguise my badly scarred skin with enlarged pores, thought give this a good and I am so glad I did! Yes you may pay a lot for it but to get a bit of confidence back especially speaking to folk as you keep thinking they are looking at your skin is a small price to pay. I love it!!!.

on 4/16/2018 6:20:00 PM

Comes out an orange colour but doesn’t look orange on the face. It didn’t do anything too dramatic at filling / covering up my pores but for like £6 it does the job. Felt really creamy / siliconey on my skin made a really nice base for foundation to glide on top of!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Ive been using this product for some time now, it definately fill large pores,my pores are not really huge but definitely open around my nose area and using this has definately help it is affordable and a little goes a long way .am trying something else that i definately LOVE a bit more expensive but great.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I suffer from very large pores and terrible redness. I use just a very thin layer of this, and then a very thin layer of Hard Candy green primer before my foundation, Revlon CS. I then finish with Neutrogena shine free pressed powder.

My nasty skin looks completely flawless. I don't know how this product would look on it's own. I do take issue with the price but like others said, a little goes a long way.

Will definitely be repurchasing.