Essence All About Cupcake

2.5

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I really wished I could give this a higher review because essence usually never disappoints me and also because of the many positive reviews of this lipstick. However, it really wasn't up to standard.
I wouldn't classify this as a lipstick - as other reviewers have stated, it's more of a tinted lip balm with some colour. To achieve full opacity, numerous layers need to be applied. It's creamy and moisturising but this means the lipstick will rub off immediately when there's contact with food and drink. I found that my lips feel very dry and cracked after a few hours and unsightly white gunk starts forming at the corners of my top and bottom lips. When swatched, the colour is a pretty yellow-toned natural looking pink but it does not look that good on my face which has neutral-yellow undertones. Lipstick packaging is unique (the colour of the tube reflects the lipstick colour) but flimsy and I live in perpetual fear of it accidentally opening and smudging everywhere in my bag.
Unfortunately, this was a dud product from a brilliant brand.

on 6/5/2013 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Its a pink chapstick.That's all nothing more, the things you get from a chapstick+some color.Its pretty cheap so if you like the natural look go for it.Also good for summer.