Essence All About Cupcake

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have the newer incarnation if this shade. I purchased it from the Sheer and Shine line. The packaging is a tinted transparent plastic lid and a shiny silver tube. The lipsticks do retract fully.

All About Cupcake is very sheer and very shiny (as the line name indicates). Unfortunately it also had white base (whhhyyyyyyy?). It isn't too noticeable with one swipe (but neither is the color in that case), but if you do three to build up intensity, whoop - there it is. At that point it does emphasize flakes and settles in lip lines. Wah Wah :(.

This is slightly lighter than my lip color, and is a light pinky-coral color. It does seem to be a nice shade for spring and livens the face in a casual way.

White base issues though :(. Not repurchasing.

on 10/21/2013 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is a great pink toned MLBB lipstick. I wouldn't really call it a lipstick, I'd say its more of a balm with colour. Which is fine, because it was like $2, so I'm not complaining. The colour is nice, a little sheer, it's creamy and glossy.
I think this is perfect for touchups on top of another lipstick, i throw it on top of my MAC Faux, and it's really nice.
Another lovely product from Essence!

on 5/14/2013 10:55:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Although it's not much of a lipstick,more of a tinted lipbalm I'd say,it's really flattering on the lips and you can tell it's there even after 2-3 hours. I always receive compliments for my lips whenever I wear this.Not really pigmented,as all Essence lipsticks,but reeeeally moisturizing and smooth. Plus,it smells like vanilla,so it's pleasant to have on your lips.Conisidering its price I would totally buy it again.It has a cute name too :P

on 10/9/2012 4:47:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I discovered Essence a few weeks ago after hearing rave reviews about it. I started with a few items for the face, then decided to go for the lips also. I usually don't wear lipstick, but "All about cupcake" really is a subtle colour, not so pale that you'll look like a ghost, and not too bubble gum pink.
It's really easy to apply, the consistency is creamy, it doesn't make my lips dry... I really like it. The little plus, it smells like candy :)
For the packaging, it's a bit flimsy but for that price it seems logical.