Essence All About Cupcake

3.4

Price: $

Price: $

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have the newer incarnation if this shade. I purchased it from the Sheer and Shine line. The packaging is a tinted transparent plastic lid and a shiny silver tube. The lipsticks do retract fully.

All About Cupcake is very sheer and very shiny (as the line name indicates). Unfortunately it also had white base (whhhyyyyyyy?). It isn't too noticeable with one swipe (but neither is the color in that case), but if you do three to build up intensity, whoop - there it is. At that point it does emphasize flakes and settles in lip lines. Wah Wah :(.

This is slightly lighter than my lip color, and is a light pinky-coral color. It does seem to be a nice shade for spring and livens the face in a casual way.

White base issues though :(. Not repurchasing.

on 4/13/2014 3:54:00 AM

This lipstick is my perfect "my lips but better" shade. For the price, I cannot believe how good it is. The smell, the creamy consistency, the colour - are perfect. The lasting power isn't amazing due to the creaminess of the lipstick but it's still good in consideration of the price. If you have dry lips, would highly recommend this product - it feels like a lip balm with pretty good pigmentation! LOVE IT.

on 2/20/2014 7:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This lipstick is just ok. I'm actually hesitant to call it a lipstick, because it's more like a lip butter or tinted lip balm. The color is pretty sheer, even after really slathering it on there. But, the texture is nice and creamy, and the formula actually feels pretty moisturizing, even if it doesn't make that claim. Sheer color plus moisturizing quality is what makes this less of a lipstick and more of a lip butter for me. I don't like the sweet smell, but it's tolerable. I'm pretty sensitive to smells in my lip products. It's nice to have this product around for a low maintenance dash of color, but I don't think I'd repurchase. As I said, it's just...ok.

on 10/17/2013 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I don't know if I should blame the color or this line of lipsticks, but every time I apply it, it makes my lips tingle in an uncomfortable way, almost like my lips are itching. I have three other lipsticks from this line and they don't cause me this problem so it must be an ingredient that this shade contains. The color itself is a pretty MLBB, without any glitter or shimmer, but it's impossible for me to wear it.

on 8/21/2013 7:19:00 PM

I like this lipstick, but then again I'm not a lipstick girl - I'm a tinted balm girl and this is closer to that than traditional lipstick.

Color - semi-sheer rosy pink, quite pretty, natural looking, flattering, leans toward warm tone
Texture - very creamy, not necessarily moisturizing but definitely not drying either
Finish - some shine, not matte or super glossy, no sparkles
Wearability - doesn't last amazingly well, but some color is left behind even after drinking/snacking
Taste - subtle vanilla that is nice, fades quickly
Packaging - stubby little bullet in color-coordinated case, sort of cute if a little cheap looking
Price - crazy cheap, I got on 50% sale for $1.50

Overall - semi-sheer creamy MLBB of decent quality for a ridiculously good price

on 6/23/2013 11:51:00 AM

It's not really a lipstick but a lipbalm imho. Give it a try if you like the natural look with a slight tint of pink.

on 5/14/2013 10:55:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Although it's not much of a lipstick,more of a tinted lipbalm I'd say,it's really flattering on the lips and you can tell it's there even after 2-3 hours. I always receive compliments for my lips whenever I wear this.Not really pigmented,as all Essence lipsticks,but reeeeally moisturizing and smooth. Plus,it smells like vanilla,so it's pleasant to have on your lips.Conisidering its price I would totally buy it again.It has a cute name too :P

on 10/9/2012 4:47:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I discovered Essence a few weeks ago after hearing rave reviews about it. I started with a few items for the face, then decided to go for the lips also. I usually don't wear lipstick, but "All about cupcake" really is a subtle colour, not so pale that you'll look like a ghost, and not too bubble gum pink.
It's really easy to apply, the consistency is creamy, it doesn't make my lips dry... I really like it. The little plus, it smells like candy :)
For the packaging, it's a bit flimsy but for that price it seems logical.