essence All About Cupcake

essence All About Cupcake
All About Cupcake

3.5

A really nice everyday lipstick!
The lipstick is sheer and extremely creamy! It's comparable to MAC's lustre finish lipsticks, so if you want a dupe, this is a great one because they feel the same either way.

The pink colour is really subtle and matches my warm undertones. There is no shimmer which is a plus!

Packaging isn't that great. It looks cheap and looks like a little girl's play makeup (not good).

However, for 3$AUD what do you expect, as long as the product works :)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have the newer incarnation if this shade. I purchased it from the Sheer and Shine line. The packaging is a tinted transparent plastic lid and a shiny silver tube. The lipsticks do retract fully.

All About Cupcake is very sheer and very shiny (as the line name indicates). Unfortunately it also had white base (whhhyyyyyyy?). It isn't too noticeable with one swipe (but neither is the color in that case), but if you do three to build up intensity, whoop - there it is. At that point it does emphasize flakes and settles in lip lines. Wah Wah :(.

This is slightly lighter than my lip color, and is a light pinky-coral color. It does seem to be a nice shade for spring and livens the face in a casual way.

White base issues though :(. Not repurchasing.

on 10/21/2013 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is a great pink toned MLBB lipstick. I wouldn't really call it a lipstick, I'd say its more of a balm with colour. Which is fine, because it was like $2, so I'm not complaining. The colour is nice, a little sheer, it's creamy and glossy.
I think this is perfect for touchups on top of another lipstick, i throw it on top of my MAC Faux, and it's really nice.
Another lovely product from Essence!

on 10/17/2013 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I don't know if I should blame the color or this line of lipsticks, but every time I apply it, it makes my lips tingle in an uncomfortable way, almost like my lips are itching. I have three other lipsticks from this line and they don't cause me this problem so it must be an ingredient that this shade contains. The color itself is a pretty MLBB, without any glitter or shimmer, but it's impossible for me to wear it.

on 5/14/2013 10:55:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Although it's not much of a lipstick,more of a tinted lipbalm I'd say,it's really flattering on the lips and you can tell it's there even after 2-3 hours. I always receive compliments for my lips whenever I wear this.Not really pigmented,as all Essence lipsticks,but reeeeally moisturizing and smooth. Plus,it smells like vanilla,so it's pleasant to have on your lips.Conisidering its price I would totally buy it again.It has a cute name too :P

on 12/12/2015 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The shade is perfect for me so it's such a shame it's so sheer. It takes quite a bit of product before it starts to show up, like others have already pointed out the consistency is reminiscent of a balm.

It literally smells like a cupcake, and it's dirt cheap. I just wish it was more pigmented.

on 1/31/2015 2:29:00 PM

Awesome lipstick! It's more of a balm but it's good for everyday wear. Very affordable 2.99$. Smells amazing!

on 7/17/2014 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the perfect "my lips but better" lipstick. It leans more towards tinted lip balm than a true lipstick, but that's fine by me, as I'm not a big lipstick girl. It's a deep rosy pink, non-glittery, and has a sweet cupcake scent. You can safely swipe this on without a mirror. Doesn't last very long as it's such a light formula. Would be a great gift for a tween :)

on 4/13/2014 3:54:00 AM

This lipstick is my perfect "my lips but better" shade. For the price, I cannot believe how good it is. The smell, the creamy consistency, the colour - are perfect. The lasting power isn't amazing due to the creaminess of the lipstick but it's still good in consideration of the price. If you have dry lips, would highly recommend this product - it feels like a lip balm with pretty good pigmentation! LOVE IT.

on 2/20/2014 7:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This lipstick is just ok. I'm actually hesitant to call it a lipstick, because it's more like a lip butter or tinted lip balm. The color is pretty sheer, even after really slathering it on there. But, the texture is nice and creamy, and the formula actually feels pretty moisturizing, even if it doesn't make that claim. Sheer color plus moisturizing quality is what makes this less of a lipstick and more of a lip butter for me. I don't like the sweet smell, but it's tolerable. I'm pretty sensitive to smells in my lip products. It's nice to have this product around for a low maintenance dash of color, but I don't think I'd repurchase. As I said, it's just...ok.