Essence All About Cupcake

Essence All About Cupcake
All About Cupcake

3.5

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have the newer incarnation if this shade. I purchased it from the Sheer and Shine line. The packaging is a tinted transparent plastic lid and a shiny silver tube. The lipsticks do retract fully.

All About Cupcake is very sheer and very shiny (as the line name indicates). Unfortunately it also had white base (whhhyyyyyyy?). It isn't too noticeable with one swipe (but neither is the color in that case), but if you do three to build up intensity, whoop - there it is. At that point it does emphasize flakes and settles in lip lines. Wah Wah :(.

This is slightly lighter than my lip color, and is a light pinky-coral color. It does seem to be a nice shade for spring and livens the face in a casual way.

White base issues though :(. Not repurchasing.

on 12/12/2015 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The shade is perfect for me so it's such a shame it's so sheer. It takes quite a bit of product before it starts to show up, like others have already pointed out the consistency is reminiscent of a balm.

It literally smells like a cupcake, and it's dirt cheap. I just wish it was more pigmented.

on 1/31/2015 2:29:00 PM

Awesome lipstick! It's more of a balm but it's good for everyday wear. Very affordable 2.99$. Smells amazing!

on 7/17/2014 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the perfect "my lips but better" lipstick. It leans more towards tinted lip balm than a true lipstick, but that's fine by me, as I'm not a big lipstick girl. It's a deep rosy pink, non-glittery, and has a sweet cupcake scent. You can safely swipe this on without a mirror. Doesn't last very long as it's such a light formula. Would be a great gift for a tween :)

on 4/13/2014 3:54:00 AM

This lipstick is my perfect "my lips but better" shade. For the price, I cannot believe how good it is. The smell, the creamy consistency, the colour - are perfect. The lasting power isn't amazing due to the creaminess of the lipstick but it's still good in consideration of the price. If you have dry lips, would highly recommend this product - it feels like a lip balm with pretty good pigmentation! LOVE IT.

on 2/20/2014 7:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This lipstick is just ok. I'm actually hesitant to call it a lipstick, because it's more like a lip butter or tinted lip balm. The color is pretty sheer, even after really slathering it on there. But, the texture is nice and creamy, and the formula actually feels pretty moisturizing, even if it doesn't make that claim. Sheer color plus moisturizing quality is what makes this less of a lipstick and more of a lip butter for me. I don't like the sweet smell, but it's tolerable. I'm pretty sensitive to smells in my lip products. It's nice to have this product around for a low maintenance dash of color, but I don't think I'd repurchase. As I said, it's just...ok.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I really wished I could give this a higher review because essence usually never disappoints me and also because of the many positive reviews of this lipstick. However, it really wasn't up to standard.
I wouldn't classify this as a lipstick - as other reviewers have stated, it's more of a tinted lip balm with some colour. To achieve full opacity, numerous layers need to be applied. It's creamy and moisturising but this means the lipstick will rub off immediately when there's contact with food and drink. I found that my lips feel very dry and cracked after a few hours and unsightly white gunk starts forming at the corners of my top and bottom lips. When swatched, the colour is a pretty yellow-toned natural looking pink but it does not look that good on my face which has neutral-yellow undertones. Lipstick packaging is unique (the colour of the tube reflects the lipstick colour) but flimsy and I live in perpetual fear of it accidentally opening and smudging everywhere in my bag.
Unfortunately, this was a dud product from a brilliant brand.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I own 2 essence lipsticks,the "in the nude" and this one. idk why but this one is a lot better. not streaky or too slippery like the "in the nude" shade. The pigmentation is sheer on my lips it looks like MLBB. I always apply lipbalm before any lipstick but I don't need to do that with this one. it also smells like bubblegum. Honestly I'm not a fan of sheer lipstick/lipbalm hybrid like the Revlon lip butters but I like this one from essence and will repurchase this shade again.

on 11/3/2013 10:54:00 AM

Love, love this lippy. Cheap, cheerful and a fab colour!!

on 10/21/2013 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is a great pink toned MLBB lipstick. I wouldn't really call it a lipstick, I'd say its more of a balm with colour. Which is fine, because it was like $2, so I'm not complaining. The colour is nice, a little sheer, it's creamy and glossy.
I think this is perfect for touchups on top of another lipstick, i throw it on top of my MAC Faux, and it's really nice.
Another lovely product from Essence!