Antipodes Avocado Pear Nourishing Night Cream

Antipodes Avocado Pear Nourishing Night Cream

3.3

Aqua (water), butyrosperum parkii (shea butter), squalane (vegetable), persea gratissima (avocado oil), leptospermum scoparium mel (manuka honey), macadamia ternifolia (macadamia oil), calendula officinalis (calendula oil), cocos nucifera (coconut oil), cetearyl olivate, sorbitan olivate, lecithin (vegetable source), citrus grandis (grapefruit seed extract), vitis vinifera (Vinanza Grape grapeseed extract), santalum album (sandalwood oil), pogostemon cablim (patchouli oil), cananga odorata (ylang ylang oil), benzyl benzoate+, benzyl salicylate+, citral+, d-limonene+, linalool+, eugenol+, farnesol+, geraniol+, isoeugenol+, phenoxyethanol, ethylhexyglycerin, Vitamin E. + Component of essential oil

on 10/14/2017 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I purchased this as part of the anti-aging duo. I used it along with the Joyous face Serum (which I had been using previously) and the cream soaked in really well and helped the absorption of the serum. When I woke up after the first night my skin looked amazing, really bright and I think I looked younger which I found quite shocking as I've never seen such a difference with a product. Unfortunately after a couple of days my skin started to become quite red and blotchy. I have acne prone skin and did not break out in pimples, but the clarity of my skin was affected. I think this product would be fantastic for someone older who is looking for the anti-aging benefits, however it was too rich for me so I discontinued after two weeks and no change. The cream itself feels and smells really nice.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Quite a strong smell of patchouli but was still quite nice and earthy. The cream is very rich and certainly is moisturising. So much so that I got a good case of 'teenage acne' well into my 40s. It went away as soon as I stopped using it (went back to the cheap but wonderful Aldi Caviar line) and sure enough the spots returned when I tried to use it again. Definitely an expensive mistake and sadly made me feel younger - but not in the right way :)

on 5/20/2016 6:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I had a mini version of this cream in the anti-aging minis set, and I must say I am relieved that I didnt spend out the extra money for the normal size! Its a thick cream but isnt that greasy surprisingly, and I am sure it would be great for dry skin, but this product made my skin really red! I tried it twice and the same thing happened, very irritated red skin! I will just stick to using avocado oil as hopefully it still has the same collagen building effects and leaves my skin calm, plump and happy. Be careful of this cream if you have sensitive skin!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Ok im just gonna paste my review for the Vanilla Pod Day Cream here because i have the same thiughts:

I bought this and the avocado night cream after seeing Essiebutton raving about it, and i totally understand why she loved it so much!
It smells amazing, ingredients are amazing and it moisturizes my skin very well.
It is very lightweight and applies smoothly. Its a bit pricier on the official website so i purchase mine on feelunique.com and i think ots a very affordable moisturizer considering the size(2oz)
I just ordered my third jar of this and im just very glad that i have found the perfect cream for me!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I have only been using this product for a few days, and mainly purchased because i am taking isotretinoin for oily skin problems (only mild facial acne but mainly for back acne and enlarged facial pores). I absolutely love this product and hope after the accutane treatment I'll still be able to use it. It is very good for most sensitive skin and all natural ingredients are used. I only previously had the kiwi eye cream of this brand (before and after accutane treatment). But i loved it so I thought I'd get the day and night cream too. It seems thick and oily when you first apply it but rub in evenly and it'll soak in leaving your face soft and refreshingly calm. I know i am on the accutane treatment right now so i can't say my word is necessarily of any value to current acne or oily skin sufferers, but it has not caused any acne or anything, in fact, it is helping alot with flaky skin and red areas, and it feels and smells beautiful, just like what real pear and avacado smells like. It it pricey and hard to find in alot of stores, not being a huge brand or a sellout useless one. But if you see it, I'm not sure of the cleansers or oils at this point but antipodes day, night and eye cream is well worth it. Despite the small size bottles, you don't need much cream so it lasts awhile.

on 12/6/2016 3:24:00 AM

I really like this face cream. Its quite rich as the other reviewers have stated. I only use a small amount and my skin really responds by being calm and well hydrated. Antipodes have such great products. It was feels luxurious. I also use their Kiwi eye cream which is absolutely divine also.Though I don't expect miracles from products. I am just trying to maintain my skin. Another reviewer stated that they use PHENOXYETHANOL in their products. I have checked my ingredients list and they no longer appear to use it which is great.

It's interesting to read others reviews and the mixed opinions of this product. It is worth noting that they reformulated this product a couple of years ago. So if a review is 2012, or before, it may not be so relevant.
I had the Antipodes anti-ageing mini's, which is a tube of this night cream & a small bottle of their protein oil, sat in my drawer for months before getting around to using them. When I finally did, I was actually blown away and loved them both. Like all skin care, what works for one person's skin, might not work for everyone. The same for scents, I find the scent quite pleasant & subtle, but it is kind of a hippie essential oil scent, some may love, some may not.
The main thing I love about this cream, is that it is super hydrating and that hydration lasts all day or all night, without breaking me out, which is a rare combination.

Pro's:
Reasonably priced ($20 for mini set from Feelunique.com)
Rich, long lasting hydration that does not break me out
Beautiful, nutrient-rich, non toxic ingredients
Gives the skin a great glow
Keeps my picky skin balanced & hydrated (I use am/pm in the winter)

Con's:
Only available online (as far as I'm aware)
Regular packaging is a jar, which I don't love

This is a staple for me & I can't see that changing. One reviewer said it broke them out. It seems like Shea butter, the second ingredient, does that to some. For me, my skin loves Shea butter. I feel like the manuka honey prevents breakouts for me, as it is anti bacterial.

on 10/9/2015 5:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

LOVE this beautiful soft, hydrating face cream. My skin feels sister and plumper. I use in conjunction with Joyous Protein Oil by the same company. Great combination. Highly recommend. Love the fragrance too

on 11/21/2015 7:57:00 PM

This is a really nice and rich night cream. I have combination skin and initially I was concerned if this may cause break outs but this cream actually absorbs really nicely and also highly moisturizes my skin. The texture was smooth and creamy. The fragrance was also lovely and not to strong or pungent. Personally, I would use this night cream in winter rather than summer; but if you have a more mature skin, you might like to use this every night regardless of the season.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE this product, a little pricey but seriously beautiful.
I have acne-prone/sensitive skin so was actually abit surprised this got on so well with me. Its luxurious but doesn't feel too heavy and rich on the skin, my skin looks really good in the morning and for me the most important thing is it doesn't break me out. Winner winner chicken dinner for me.

Con - Its in a pot that you have to dip you're fingers into which many argue is un-hygienic, so I use a little spatula for this :)

Popular Moisturizers