Antipodes Avocado Pear Nourishing Night Cream

Antipodes Avocado Pear Nourishing Night Cream

3.4

Aqua (water), butyrosperum parkii (shea butter), squalane (vegetable), persea gratissima (avocado oil), leptospermum scoparium mel (manuka honey), macadamia ternifolia (macadamia oil), calendula officinalis (calendula oil), cocos nucifera (coconut oil), cetearyl olivate, sorbitan olivate, lecithin (vegetable source), citrus grandis (grapefruit seed extract), vitis vinifera (Vinanza Grape grapeseed extract), santalum album (sandalwood oil), pogostemon cablim (patchouli oil), cananga odorata (ylang ylang oil), benzyl benzoate+, benzyl salicylate+, citral+, d-limonene+, linalool+, eugenol+, farnesol+, geraniol+, isoeugenol+, phenoxyethanol, ethylhexyglycerin, Vitamin E. + Component of essential oil

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Ok im just gonna paste my review for the Vanilla Pod Day Cream here because i have the same thiughts:

I bought this and the avocado night cream after seeing Essiebutton raving about it, and i totally understand why she loved it so much!
It smells amazing, ingredients are amazing and it moisturizes my skin very well.
It is very lightweight and applies smoothly. Its a bit pricier on the official website so i purchase mine on feelunique.com and i think ots a very affordable moisturizer considering the size(2oz)
I just ordered my third jar of this and im just very glad that i have found the perfect cream for me!

on 12/6/2016 3:24:00 AM

I really like this face cream. Its quite rich as the other reviewers have stated. I only use a small amount and my skin really responds by being calm and well hydrated. Antipodes have such great products. It was feels luxurious. I also use their Kiwi eye cream which is absolutely divine also.Though I don't expect miracles from products. I am just trying to maintain my skin. Another reviewer stated that they use PHENOXYETHANOL in their products. I have checked my ingredients list and they no longer appear to use it which is great.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I have only been using this product for a few days, and mainly purchased because i am taking isotretinoin for oily skin problems (only mild facial acne but mainly for back acne and enlarged facial pores). I absolutely love this product and hope after the accutane treatment I'll still be able to use it. It is very good for most sensitive skin and all natural ingredients are used. I only previously had the kiwi eye cream of this brand (before and after accutane treatment). But i loved it so I thought I'd get the day and night cream too. It seems thick and oily when you first apply it but rub in evenly and it'll soak in leaving your face soft and refreshingly calm. I know i am on the accutane treatment right now so i can't say my word is necessarily of any value to current acne or oily skin sufferers, but it has not caused any acne or anything, in fact, it is helping alot with flaky skin and red areas, and it feels and smells beautiful, just like what real pear and avacado smells like. It it pricey and hard to find in alot of stores, not being a huge brand or a sellout useless one. But if you see it, I'm not sure of the cleansers or oils at this point but antipodes day, night and eye cream is well worth it. Despite the small size bottles, you don't need much cream so it lasts awhile.

on 5/20/2016 6:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I had a mini version of this cream in the anti-aging minis set, and I must say I am relieved that I didnt spend out the extra money for the normal size! Its a thick cream but isnt that greasy surprisingly, and I am sure it would be great for dry skin, but this product made my skin really red! I tried it twice and the same thing happened, very irritated red skin! I will just stick to using avocado oil as hopefully it still has the same collagen building effects and leaves my skin calm, plump and happy. Be careful of this cream if you have sensitive skin!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE this product, a little pricey but seriously beautiful.
I have acne-prone/sensitive skin so was actually abit surprised this got on so well with me. Its luxurious but doesn't feel too heavy and rich on the skin, my skin looks really good in the morning and for me the most important thing is it doesn't break me out. Winner winner chicken dinner for me.

Con - Its in a pot that you have to dip you're fingers into which many argue is un-hygienic, so I use a little spatula for this :)

It's interesting to read others reviews and the mixed opinions of this product. It is worth noting that they reformulated this product a couple of years ago. So if a review is 2012, or before, it may not be so relevant.
I had the Antipodes anti-ageing mini's, which is a tube of this night cream & a small bottle of their protein oil, sat in my drawer for months before getting around to using them. When I finally did, I was actually blown away and loved them both. Like all skin care, what works for one person's skin, might not work for everyone. The same for scents, I find the scent quite pleasant & subtle, but it is kind of a hippie essential oil scent, some may love, some may not.
The main thing I love about this cream, is that it is super hydrating and that hydration lasts all day or all night, without breaking me out, which is a rare combination.

Pro's:
Reasonably priced ($20 for mini set from Feelunique.com)
Rich, long lasting hydration that does not break me out
Beautiful, nutrient-rich, non toxic ingredients
Gives the skin a great glow
Keeps my picky skin balanced & hydrated (I use am/pm in the winter)

Con's:
Only available online (as far as I'm aware)
Regular packaging is a jar, which I don't love

This is a staple for me & I can't see that changing. One reviewer said it broke them out. It seems like Shea butter, the second ingredient, does that to some. For me, my skin loves Shea butter. I feel like the manuka honey prevents breakouts for me, as it is anti bacterial.

on 11/21/2015 7:57:00 PM

This is a really nice and rich night cream. I have combination skin and initially I was concerned if this may cause break outs but this cream actually absorbs really nicely and also highly moisturizes my skin. The texture was smooth and creamy. The fragrance was also lovely and not to strong or pungent. Personally, I would use this night cream in winter rather than summer; but if you have a more mature skin, you might like to use this every night regardless of the season.

on 10/9/2015 5:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

LOVE this beautiful soft, hydrating face cream. My skin feels sister and plumper. I use in conjunction with Joyous Protein Oil by the same company. Great combination. Highly recommend. Love the fragrance too

I bought it in london for around 31 pounds which is quite expensive, but my favorite youtuber, Essiebutton raved about it, so i decided to try it out for myself. I acutally thought it would smell like avocado and pears but it smells very herbaly and soothing to me. I actually love the scent! It calms me down and is perfect for a nightcream! It leaves my skin really radiant and plump, but not greasy! I have combination skin, but right now it is normal-oily and it does not make me greasy at all. I have never found it too thick at all, it is the perfect consistensy. I got hooked on the body shop vitamin e nightcream for a while, which is much thicker, and kinda forgot about the antipodes one. One day i read that Cara Delevinge uses this and i started using it again and i fell in love with it all over it again! Much better than the body shop vitamin e night cream, therefore it has proven to me to be worth the money. I went on camp and brougt a bit of this in a travel jar and my friend forgot her nightcream and i borrowed her this... She loved the scent too. She has dry skin. The next morning she ran to my room, she was so exited!!! She said it was the best nightcream she has ever tried and made me tel her what it was called and where she could buy it and so on. She said her dull skin looked radiant and her dry flakes where gone. I have around 5 uses left of my pot now and will order a new one! To sum up, this makes my skin radiant and plump but never oily, and i look forward to my nighttime skincare routine because of the amazingly calming scent. It is worth the money and i recoment it to everyone! <3

I actually like the fragrance as I am a fan of Patchouli and Sandalwood so that aspect of the product didn't bother me as it has some readers.

I am nearly 50 years old and unfortunately this product made me break out with acne. I stopped using it for a while and the acne cleared up. I started to use it again and the acne reappeared in exactly the same places.

For a night cream I didn't find it hydrating enough for my face, it just sat on the top in a greasy pool and I think more ended up on my pillow than being absorbed by my skin.

Very expensive and just doesn't do the job.