Just for Redheads Mascara Mystique - GingerAuburn

1.0

1 review

Price: $

Price: $

I was very intrigued by a mascara "just for redheads". I'm an auburn head, still, it's not easy to find anything other than black, blackest black or brownish black at the retail level. So excitedly, I placed my order for the Mascara Mystique in Ginger Auburn. The order came and the wand was literally locked in place, I could not remove it from the container. Customer service cheerfully reacted and sent out another tube pronto. There was no way to know if the mascara was previously used, since it was not in any secure package, there was no expiration date stamped, nothing, so I had to assume it was fresh and new. It arrived in a little white logo imprinted tissue paper with a very tiny black shopping bag enclosed, if that was the packaging, it was a nice touch and the items arrived safely.

I hated this mascara. The product was thin, there was no way to get length or fullness from it, regardless of more coats. And it was quite wet which meant little dots here and there around your eyes that needed dabbing to remove. And oh boy, do not get this product in your eye! OUCH. It stung. Even just having a teary eye from say, the wind or a sniffle from a sad movie, OUCH, the stuff stings and burns.

I also ordered the Mascara Naturelle in Ginger Brown and I might as well have put clear gel on, not a fan. I used eye makeup remover oil to remove both varieties of Just for Redheads mascara, with my favorite trick of using a Pampers baby wipe as my makeup remover towelette!

For me, a less expensive and good quality everyday mascara is Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal Washable Mascara in GLAM BROWN, my staple go-to for both color and wearability. And at under six bucks, I can replace it without spending very much. And it really makes my eyes pop! without being overdone or too dark.

I also purchased the just for redheads emery board, it was the cheapest board you can buy with the logo on it, eye roll. Three little boards for $2.00. Definitely not just for redheads.

As for the "just for redheads part", meh. Really, you can buy the same color palette for much less elsewhere. Just be mindful of the makeup colors you choose from the grand amount readily available and find what that flatters your fair skin.