Boots no7 airbrush away

Boots  no7 airbrush away

3.3

Cyclopentasiloxane, water, butylene glycol, dimethicone crosspolymer, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone cross polymer, cyclohexasiloxane, silica, phenyl trimethicone, caprylic/capric triglyceride, arabinogalactan, glycerin, magnesium sulfate, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, phenoxyethanol, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, hexyl laurate, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, fragrance, methylparaben, ethylparaben, silica dimethyl silylate, dipropylene glycol, tetrasodium EDTA, sodium hyaluronate, Cl 77891, Cl 77491

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought the green version of this to correct redness after trying it out in store. What a mistake.

When I tried the sample of the back of my hand (as store samples are rather unhygienic and yeuch) the cream went on quite thickly and took a fair amount of blending - looked promising as I have a fair amount of redness to cover. However, the sample must have been dried out as the new purchased tube is extremely runny, even after shaking up.

To be fair, the primer does help my makeup stay on longer (so 2 stars), but the green shade doesn't cover my redness at all, or even tone it down. As its such a thin consistency it's also hard to keep in the areas I needed it - blended out too much to my outer cheeks and chin, giving them quite an unhealthy colour (the only effect I saw from the green tint!). I may use it if I run out of other primer in an emergency but otherwise it's headed to the bin - £16 wasted :-(

on 3/7/2016 10:21:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I am an avid user of No 7 Stay Perfect Primer & for years. The finish is heavenly. It stays on my super oily skin for hours & really keeps the foundation or BB intact. This one is the one I can swear on. Not its OUT OF STOCK (why on earth). I waited for a few days & had to buy Airbrush Away Primer. Noooooo, not the same. No effect. Made my skin more oily it seemed. No younger looking skin. No nothing comparing to its high price. Well, its definitely not BAD for others, but no way suitable for SUPER OILY SWEATY FACE. Never to buy again. Will wait till Stay Perfect Primer returns. Come back soon.

To Read all 12 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/4/2016 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

You may aswell not use a primer this has absolutely no effect once ive fin the tube i have i will not repurchase. Its as if i havent used a primer make up comes off halfway through the day pores still visible shine and lines still visible

Very disappointed, especially given the price. Goes on well, smells good. However made no difference to how my make-up looked and made my skin break out quite badly. I have combination skin. Would not repurchase.

on 12/27/2013 6:50:00 PM

awful primer, I bought it because of the good reviews here...it didn't do anything to my foundation...I'm sticking to Kanebo's smoothing makeup base even though it costs X3 more...

on 5/6/2013 9:50:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Saw this on Lisa Eldridge's tutorial and Youtube and her description of it put this on list of products to definitely check out!

Was a little surprised that the primer was more expensive compared to their foundations, so I just tested it on the back of my hand. I loved the texture, very light, mousse like texture and glides on smooth. Not at all greasy. Compared to the primer I was using at the time - Catrice's Prime and Fine, there was a definite difference in the overall feel and quality of the product.

I skipped buying this the first time I was at Boots, but picked it up on my second visit after reading up on more reviews! I have to say, it's well worth the price eventhough it's a little bit more expensive. Pores are less noticeable and lines are smoothed out. Combined with the No.7 Stay Perfect foundation - I find these products to last up to 10 hours on a good day, and that's in quite a humid climate here in Brunei!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I am on my third tube of this, and I use it as good as every day. It doesn't turn back time or have a permanent effect, but it certainly does make your skin look smoother, healthier, and, truthfully, a bit younger. It makes sure my make up stays on all day. When I first started using this I probably could have written 200 pages on how much I loved it, but it is now such an obvious part of my day (when it is not -10*c or more) that I don't really know what to say. Buy it, try it, you wont be sorry.

on 2/5/2013 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

This product would of got 4 lippies but this may change after a follow up review.
On the first few uses this product was amazing! I will admit it lived up to it's promises and did make fine lines less visible and the appearance of my skin more even, for once I was pleased with the way my skin looked which is a hard task for someone with acne, oily and generally scarred skin.
I wore this under my usual mineral foundation (Collection 2000 Perfecting Minerals) and everything was great! Now down to my main problems with this product it didn't seem to do much for pores as it also claims but that wasn't the main problem, after a few uses my skin seemed to get quite dry and the lines that were looking amazing looked worse especially under the eyes and then I started to break out with some quite big spots on my nose and cheeks HOWEVER I had changed my cleanser at the time so the spots could of been caused by this, once I have got my routine under control I will try again and see if this causes the same dryness / breakouts and will update this review accordingly.

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This product is amazing! It holds your make up in place all day and leaves your skin feeling so soft. The only downside is that it's quite expensive for the amount of product, that being said I would buy this over and over.

On my fourth tube. This is simply FANTASTIC. Better than all the top end brands. Non greasy, it makes your features look softer and smooths the skin .
Less than one minute after application, skin feels like...Silk.
Worth every penny. The best primer ever made and I have them all, including the Dior one and it isn't a patch on No7.
I use this every day, with and without makeup.