Maybelline SuperStay 14 Hour Lipstick - Beige For Good

Maybelline SuperStay 14 Hour Lipstick - Beige For Good

3.7

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Yeah, I know. Only 3 stars and yet I'd buy it again. Ok, so lemme tell you why: The color is really cool. On my lips it looks like a brown, with a slightly hint of grey undertones. It's perfect for everyday but be careful cause this color can make you look older than you wish. On me, I received a few compliments and questions what I was wearing. The formula is also good. It's a bit sticky. I'd say it's like an amplified finish (MAC wise). And the size is good for carrying it with you. But there also starts the bad things: You get less than you expect for that price. And also, it doesn't stay 14. Never. Maybe like 4 without eating and drinking. That disappointed me really because that's Maybelline we're talking about, one of my top favorite brands. But maybe not for lip products.

on 7/1/2014 3:48:00 AM

I have pined over this lipstick after reading about it and finally I purchased it and at first I felt like a kid with a new toy. I opened it, looked at it, tried it on my hand and everything was glorious.

Until
I opened it. The quality is much, to me, like Wet n' Wild's lipstick in texture and endurance. But unlike the $3.75 Wet n' Wild, where the color can be worth the wariness, this color looked grey and overall terrible. After wiping the majority of it off, it was an okay brown-ish color that I found acceptable. Still, it is sticky and tastes/smells awful.

Overall I was very disappointed, I have been impressed by Maybelline before, but this is NOT one of those times.

on 9/12/2012 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have tried the other long lasting by Maybelline and neither of them lasted more than an hour and even less if you eat or drink anything. Better as just a regular lipstick. Nice beige color. Def would NOT repurchase!!

on 12/10/2013 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Edit-tried this with an essence nude lipliner to shape the lips, and maybelline color elixir gloss in nude illusion: perfect glam nude lips!

Mandy mann's review is correct, it is the PERFECT neutral. If I could find this exact colour in another lipstick formula, I would get it.

The problem is 1. It smells toxic. Like rat poison masked with a fruity air freshener. I don't trust anything that smells that poisonous coating my mouth. It also makes my throat (gland) start hurting (slightly) for some reason. I only recently noticed this. it is a very slight throbbing pain but if i pay attention it IS there. The problem goes away whenever I remove the lipstick and returns when I put it on again. Perhaps i am allergic to an ingredient in it, or perhaps the formula is as toxic as it smells.

2. Drying. A longwearing lipstick is inevitably drying. This one is not bad compared to most other long lasting lipsticks. However because this shade in particular is so muted and beige, when it dries your lips, just slightly (it isn't too bad) it looks worse than if you had no lipstick on and chapped lips. So if you plan to leave it on all day, it will look much better with a balm or gloss on top. It will make a good 'base' for any nude gloss. I actually like how matte it is on its own though

I am undecided about repurchase. The colour is extraordinarily beautiful and flattering. The finish is better than other long lasting lipsticks. I was told by a lady just the other day about how perfect it was for my colouring. However I may be allergic to something in it and I may be better off purchasing a dupe for this colour from another product range.

on 4/2/2014 1:49:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I like the consistency and feel of this lipstick, but the color was absolutely terrible for me. It looked almost grey on my lips, definitely not the look I was going for. I removed it almost immediately after trying it on because of how terrible the color was so I can't say much about the staying power. I can say that it did not catch on any dry patches on my lips and it was very smooth when applied. May consider purchasing a different color and giving that a shot, but will definitely not be buying this shade again.

on 8/20/2013 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this lipstick looking for something long lasting and natural looking, which it is both.
Don't fear about the dreaded "foundation lips" with this, even if you have a deeper skin tone. It's not a true beige I would say, there are undertones of some mauve pink, very very subtle though.

Packaging:The reason I give this 3 stars is because how misleading the packaging is! It looks like a full tube of lipstick but you only get product less than the length of the white cap(roughly 2 cm of lipstick!!), and the actual stick is quite thin, so I took 2 lipsticks off.

It is long lasting, quite creamy, I can only compare it to the 24 hour lip color with the double end. The lip color is very drying, this lipstick is not as drying, but there is still some dryness to it - but I find this worth it for the long lasting nature.
The price is retailed roughly £7, which is ridiculous for the actual amount of product you are getting, I would understand if it was the full tube of lipstick.

I do love maybelline's lipsticks this is why I still rate it 4/5, but I feel like I'm getting played a bit with the packaging, it's misleading.

on 9/6/2012 8:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This lipstick did not impress me. It is tacky after applying. It does have a nice, light strawberry scent to it. I applied it lightly after breakfast, had a cup of coffee, and the lipstick was on my cup instead of my lips. Ok, so I applied a little more, a little heavier after lunch and had a cup of tea. By the time. 4 hours later I looked in the mirror - no lipstick. My conclusion - 14 minute lipstick, not 14 hours. I am going back to the 2-step color-stay type lipsticks.

This is my favorite lip stick right now. I purchased 6 colors because the lasting power, and lack of dryness (like other long lasting lip sticks) is amazing. It is the least expensive at Walmst fyi.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Nice shimmery undertones, a great feel of sensation after applied, it lasts for many hours, but I'm pretty sure affter eating and drinking along with the hours passing by it would need a reply by hour 8. I like this lipstick, it's true to the color, and it doesn't smear and come of after 5 minutes of application lie some cheap lipglosses surely do. The only downfalls are - way too much money, and not moisturizing enough, otherwise this would get 5 stars

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Okay.. I did not buy this color i bought the bright pink/purple color. But this lipstick surprised me. Not only does it have awsome staying power like it claims.. it also smells good.. the pink one had a slightly sweet spicy smell.