MAC Cosmetics Extended Play - Endlessly Black

MAC Cosmetics Extended Play - Endlessly Black

4.2

on 8/24/2018 6:08:00 PM

This review is for MAC Extended Play - Endlessly Black mascara. After trying numerous mascaras, I’ve finally found my favorite. This mascara has a brush that makes it easy to apply. Best of all, it lasts all day. I’ve tried many mascaras in my life and have never had a mascara last this long!

on 4/13/2018 5:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Me: short, sparse and poker straight lashes that don't hold a curl easily. I like length and separation, prefer very defined, feathery lashed to lots of volume, but the number one criteria for me is that a good mascara has to hold a curl well, and most just don't. I'll curl my lashes, apply mascara and then watch my lashes slowly drop.

This is nice, I really like how easy it is to get very well separated lashes with it, no mess, no clumping, I can build a little bit of length with it too, but it doesn't hold the curl for me. My lashes look nice with it, but they drop noticeably before the mascara has dried, even if I wipe off the wand and make sure I apply the thinnest possible first layer. It's just too wet. Might become better at that when the formula has dried out a little, but I don't really want to wait for that. I like it enough that I'll probably use it on days when I really just want to colour in my lashes, though.

on 3/30/2018 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have long lashes that naturally curl upward, the upper lashline is pretty much double with one line of lashes slightly above the other. I've never needed a lash curler. I really don't need a ton of help in the lash department. I need a mascara that tints them black, doesn't glue them together, doesn't flake, and doesn't smudge in the wind.

This mascara does the first part, it tints my lashes a nice shade of black. I like the little tube. Other than that, it's horrible. After several disappointing mascaras I really wanted this to work but all it's done is destroy my faith in makeupalley.

The formula seems fine at first. It's not too dry nor too wet. I can do one good coat wiggling slowly from base to tip or 3 fast coats for the same result. It leaves the ends looking stumpy and then everything droops. I tried pushing them back up several times over the course of the day, brushing through with a clean lash brush but nothing seems to help.

The wand is actually very long and annoyingly flexible, making it difficult to reach the corners of the lash line without painting my entire eyelid black. I resolved that by bending the silly thing into a curved shaped. It made application much more efficient and cleaner but the formula still let me down.

It stays tacky, ridiculously tacky. Dust and small hairs latch right onto it. I noticed in the light of a mirrored elevator that my lashes appeared to be coated in a layer of dust as well as mascara that seemed to be clumping some of my lashes together.

The real breaking point for me was the fourth trial, I walked the dog in the wind for 10 minutes. It left black tears running down my face. If Cover Girl mascaras can stay on my damn eyelashes all through winter then MAC should be able to make a mascara that can deal with a bit of wind. I hate this mascara and I've never hated a mascara before. Back to MAC indeed.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Favourite mascara - does not move, flake, smudge and gives beautiful lashes. Can be removed with my normal face wash, no waterproof eye makeup remover needed. The only drawback is the price.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is my holy grail mascara. I have long lashes, which look hideous in the wrong mascara. This mascara gives long lashes a beautiful and finely separated look, gives the impression of even longer lashes, doesn't uncurl pre-curled lashes and doesn't smudge or wear off throughout the day. People regularly ask me how I get my lashes to look like they do and assume I've had some fancy treatment, but it's only down to some time spent curling my lashes before putting this product on them.

The only drawback is the price for the quantity of product. For me, this mascara doesn't last that long, but I have found a solution. What I do is I add a DROP of contact lenses fluid every 2 weeks or so after it starts to go on a bit scantily, which not only restores this this product to its former glory but also dramatically extends its life. Before I found this tip, I had searched high and low for something that gives the same effect as this mascara but at a lower price point and was unable to find it.

on 2/23/2018 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

FINALLY. This mascara is mind blowing. Length, separation, definition, volume, no smudges, no flakes. You name it, this does it! The endlessly black is super black, so I can't imagine how black the gigablack is (and I haven't tried it, yet). My biggest mascara issue is smudging on my lower lid. Even Estee Lauder's DoubleWear mascara smudges on me. This one doesn't, though, and it delivers in every single area I need a mascara to deliver. The wand is super skinny and the bristles are course, so you can grab every single lash you can find and drag it up. So, so beautiful. And at only $18, I'm sold forever!

on 5/12/2017 12:04:00 PM

My lashes - Stick straight, so I always use a lash curler. My eyes water and my lids get oily by the end of the day. My lashes are black, so as long as the mascara comes in black, I'm satisfied.

Waterproof/Oilproof? - Yes, and yes.

Adds volume? - Yes.

Adds length? - Yes.

Holds curl? - Yes.

Removal? - Easy - tubes all come off with warm water.

Other comments - Lashes are soft, not brittle or hard. Dries quickly. Formula is smooth, not lumpy. brush is a stiff bristle type spoolie, skinny and spiral, and works great for my lashes.

Overall - Surprised by the reviews which say this doesn't tube - it tubes for me. Good stuff. continued >>

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have mixed feelings about this mascara. At first I was thouroughly underwhelmed, the brush deposited almost no product and I ended up looking like I had no mascara on at all (not in a good way). However as the weeks have progressed I have learned to work with it. It is a mascara that you definitely have to layer on on to achieve a good look. The strength of this mascara lies in the formula (I read somewhere that it's clay based) because once it sets, it doesn't budge. It won't flake, won't smudge (and I have very oily eyelids) and most of all, it keeps your lashes curled until you remove the mascara at night, which my previous fave (MJ velvet noir) failed to do. So all in all a great mascara once you learn how to work it.

on 4/10/2015 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is my ultimate, go-to product. I always have atleast two in my kit. Holy grail item for sure.

The formula is a clay base so once it dries it really stays in place. It doesn't flake, smudge or get clumpy. I love letting it dry just a touch and then adding a quick second layer to really bulk it up and add volume. I have oily skin and long, curly lashes so I have had a lot of trouble in the past with smudging but not with this mascara!

The brush is the perfect size! It is very thin and long. It works wonderfully for those with thin lashes. The tiny brush can really reach in between each and every lash and coat it. If you can't seem to fall in love with it for your top lashes then try it on your bottom lashes. It's amazing!

I have tried many mascaras in the past ( MAC's zoom lash, haute&naughty, In Extreme dimension ... Diorshow, Buxom) and this one is by far my favourite. Honestly $20 (Canadian) for a mascara is not that much these days. Especially compared at Diors $35-$45 mascaras and typical drugstore mascaras coming in at $10-$15.

on 2/17/2015 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My second favorite mascara (first one is max factor false lash effect). This is best for dramatical look.