MAC Cosmetics Extended Play - Endlessly Black

Filtered by age: 25-29
MAC Cosmetics Extended Play - Endlessly Black

Water / Aqua / Eau, Acrylates / Ethylhexyl Acrylate Copolymer, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax / Cera Carnauba / Cire De Carnauba, Glyceryl Stearate, Polyisobutene, Synthetic Beeswax, Stearic Acid, Kaolin, Talc, Acrylates Copolymer, Tromethamine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pantethine, Panthenol, Lauroyl Lysine, Cholesterol, Phytantriol, Laureth-20, Laureth-21, Laureth-4, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Steareth-2, Steareth-21, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Polyester-5, PVP, PVP / Hexadecene Copolymer, 1,2-Hexanediol, Simethicone, Ptfe, Silica, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Linoleic Acid, Isostearic Acid, Phenethyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Disodium Edta, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Chloroxylenol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Aluminum Powder (CI 77000), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Black 2 (CI 77266), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Bronze Powder (CI 77400), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Copper Powder (CI 77400), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140).

on 3/30/2018 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have long lashes that naturally curl upward, the upper lashline is pretty much double with one line of lashes slightly above the other. I've never needed a lash curler. I really don't need a ton of help in the lash department. I need a mascara that tints them black, doesn't glue them together, doesn't flake, and doesn't smudge in the wind.

This mascara does the first part, it tints my lashes a nice shade of black. I like the little tube. Other than that, it's horrible. After several disappointing mascaras I really wanted this to work but all it's done is destroy my faith in makeupalley.

The formula seems fine at first. It's not too dry nor too wet. I can do one good coat wiggling slowly from base to tip or 3 fast coats for the same result. It leaves the ends looking stumpy and then everything droops. I tried pushing them back up several times over the course of the day, brushing through with a clean lash brush but nothing seems to help.

The wand is actually very long and annoyingly flexible, making it difficult to reach the corners of the lash line without painting my entire eyelid black. I resolved that by bending the silly thing into a curved shaped. It made application much more efficient and cleaner but the formula still let me down.

It stays tacky, ridiculously tacky. Dust and small hairs latch right onto it. I noticed in the light of a mirrored elevator that my lashes appeared to be coated in a layer of dust as well as mascara that seemed to be clumping some of my lashes together.

The real breaking point for me was the fourth trial, I walked the dog in the wind for 10 minutes. It left black tears running down my face. If Cover Girl mascaras can stay on my damn eyelashes all through winter then MAC should be able to make a mascara that can deal with a bit of wind. I hate this mascara and I've never hated a mascara before. Back to MAC indeed.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is my holy grail mascara. I have long lashes, which look hideous in the wrong mascara. This mascara gives long lashes a beautiful and finely separated look, gives the impression of even longer lashes, doesn't uncurl pre-curled lashes and doesn't smudge or wear off throughout the day. People regularly ask me how I get my lashes to look like they do and assume I've had some fancy treatment, but it's only down to some time spent curling my lashes before putting this product on them.

The only drawback is the price for the quantity of product. For me, this mascara doesn't last that long, but I have found a solution. What I do is I add a DROP of contact lenses fluid every 2 weeks or so after it starts to go on a bit scantily, which not only restores this this product to its former glory but also dramatically extends its life. Before I found this tip, I had searched high and low for something that gives the same effect as this mascara but at a lower price point and was unable to find it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have mixed feelings about this mascara. At first I was thouroughly underwhelmed, the brush deposited almost no product and I ended up looking like I had no mascara on at all (not in a good way). However as the weeks have progressed I have learned to work with it. It is a mascara that you definitely have to layer on on to achieve a good look. The strength of this mascara lies in the formula (I read somewhere that it's clay based) because once it sets, it doesn't budge. It won't flake, won't smudge (and I have very oily eyelids) and most of all, it keeps your lashes curled until you remove the mascara at night, which my previous fave (MJ velvet noir) failed to do. So all in all a great mascara once you learn how to work it.

on 4/4/2014 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This is, and has been, my go to mascara for two years now...since its release. First the brush is VERY tiny. Which I love! it allows me to get every single lash, and absolutely no clumping, EVER! My lashes are insanely long but very thin..so they clump very easily. With Extended Play that has never been an issue. Another bonus is this mascara coats your lashes in little "tubes" so no flaking or smudging. Even when working out/sweating. I use this everyday, but in different ways. For a more natural lash look I love to layer two coats of Extended Play for a soft length and volume. When I want to do a dramatic "false lash" look I layer this under a volume boosting mascara. My go tos are MAC Opulash, or good old Loreal Voluminous. This is one of the few department store mascara I find to be worth the investment! I would say a tube of this last me 5 months, with daily use, which I don't think is bad. If you have long, thin lashes this is definitely worth a try. Nothing else I've found defines quite like this. Which is important when laying so you don't have the dreaded "spider lash".

on 2/25/2014 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I think I 've found my holy grail mascara. So easy to apply in the morning. LAST ALL DAY. till the night. It is so confortable, I have sensitive eyes and around 4-5 PM, my eyes get irritated by mascara. not with this one. Easy to take it off.

If I go to yoga, it will not smudge and I can easily take it off after in the shower, with soap and water. I also like the small size. A tube last at least 4 months with everyday use. Will repurchase for sure!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This was terrible, I returned it the very next day. I've used drugstore mascaras better than this one. It barely added length or volume and actually got stuck in my lashes!
I have medium length naturally curly lashes, so almost anything works on them. The fact that this failed in every aspect makes no sense to me. Very dry formula and thin brush with nothing good.

on 8/2/2013 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Ahhh, I found my The One in the mascara-territory...the MAC salesgirls suggested me this one, I wanted something easy to use, natural, that doesn't run no matter what I do, and what's easy to remove at night, because I hate all the fuss that comes with removing your make-up. And that's exactly what I got.

on 1/6/2013 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have been hunting for the perfect mascara for years and I have found it! I have pretty dark circles under my eyes that I am always aware of and trying to cover up. I have always been leary of mascaras that smudge and flake. I had found the zero smudge mascara by Estee Lauder which is also good but I found the formula too dry for me. This is a lovely mascara that doesn't clump, separates lashes and doesn't smudge at all. Love this product!

on 8/29/2012 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is a very natural looking mascara for everyday use. I like my lashes very long and full which this product not really give me, it gives your lashes a more subtle look. But it has very high quality in terms of staying on without smudging and without clumping (even after the gym!).
One weird thing though is people say it's so easy to wash off I really don't agree! When I wash my face with just warm water the mascara kind of goes away from the lashes but sticks like glue under my eyes instead! Not nice. So I don't understand why everyone says it's easy to get rid of.

on 7/7/2012 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I LOVE THIS MASCARA. IT LENGTHENS VOLUMIZES AND CURLS.. AND IT DOESNT SMUDGE. I AM SO HAPPY MAC CAME OUT WITH SUCH A GOOD PRODUCT!!!!