Andalou Naturals Apricot Probiotic Cleansing Milk

Andalou Naturals Apricot Probiotic Cleansing Milk

3.7

Not tested on animals

Aloe Barbadensis Juice*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Oil*, Vegetable Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Oil, Prunus Dulcis (Almond) Milk, Glyceryl Monolaurate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Probiotic Complex (Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Polymnia Sonchifolia Root, Maltodextrin and Lactobacillus), Fruit Stem Cells (Malus Domestsica, Solar Vitis) and BioActive 8 Berry Complex*, Resveratrol, Ubiquinone (CoQ10), Vitis Vinifera (Grape Seed) Polyphenols, Allantoin, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Mangifera Indica (Mango) Butter, Hibiscus Rosa-Sinensis Extract*†, Rosa Canina (Rosehip) and Borago Officinalis (Borage) Oils*, Phenethyl Alcohol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Agathosma Capensis (Buchu) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil* *Organic † Fair Trade

on 5/9/2017 12:20:00 AM

I technically would buy it again, but sometimes it probably doesn't come to mind because I keep wanting to try new products!

One DOWN side even though I gave it a decent rating is that I noticed when I used it with my clarisonic ( I use a lot of different type of cleansing milk on my clarisonic) it leaves like a BLACK residue or more like GREY but still. Because I went back to my ORIGINAL cleanser and it turned while again! The same brush bristle ! Crazy!

on 12/19/2016 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried this product last winter when I was looking for a non-drying cleanser. I dampened my skin and then applied one pump. It smelled great but didn't feel like it did much to clean my skin. It didn't take much to rinse away, and left my skin feeling moist. Unfortunately, it didn't do a very good job of removing my makeup, not even days I just wore a tinted moisturizer. I ended up leaving it in the shower and just using it in the morning. I also agree with the reviewer who mentioned the packaging wasn't ideal. I would have rather had a tube than a plastic bottle with a pump. I would not repurchase again.

on 11/29/2016 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

So I suffer from acne and very sensitive dry skin. Almost anything will break it out even natural products. I do not want something with lots of chemicals and stripping when I wash my face to irritate it. I tried this and never had a problem with that, I don't think it helped in terms much of getting rid of acne but one thing for sure.... it didn't make anything worse and got the basic job of cleaning my face which is all I can ask for. I noticed how good this one really was after I tried another cleanser. I tried the lemon one to target acne from Andalou but it stripped me out and gave acne. So back to this probiotic one for me!

The packaging sucks when you get near the end of the bottle I think you may have to cut it open but I still really recommend this one. Nice bonus that it has friendly natural ingredients.

on 10/25/2016 2:54:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is just a meh for me, at best. Long story short- it doesn't break out or irritate my sensitive skin, but also does not remove makeup at all and generally feels too gentle and light.

Some notes about my skin first- I have combination dry skin that is incredibly sensitive. I cannot use foaming cleansers at all, because they make my skin drier and I end up with dry patches or peeling all over my face. I'm too afraid to use oil cleansers, because my skin probably isn't dry enough for that, and it would probably make me break out. This leaves me with either milk or cream cleansers. I also try very hard not to use products with fragrance or pore-clogging oils or ingredients, such as Algae Extract or Lanolin Alcohol. So, you can imagine how stressful it is for me to try to find any skincare product at all. This cleansing milk fit the bill, so I decided to try it.

First of all, this is more of a milk cleanser than a cream. I feel like milks are generally runnier than this, or have a thinner consistency. The consistency of this feels no different than a light cream cleanser.

This feels so light and gentle that I generally need a crap-ton of it for my whole face. With just one pump, I feel like I barely used any at all. It's very odd.

Related to that, this simply does not remove makeup. The bottle and description say it removes makeup and impurities. I think it might remove a little bit, but even when I wear very light face makeup (a very light coating of tinted moisturizer, a tiny bit of concealer on some spots, some loose setting powder, and blush), I find that when I get out of the shower, most of the makeup is still on my face.

Now, normally I would not be too mad about that, since cream and milk cleansers are not known for being the best ever at removing makeup. But come on, it barely does a thing! This, compared with having to use a ton of product to cover my face, and I feel like this cleanser does absolutely nothing!!

It is supposed to be for dry to very dry skin, and says that is restores the skin's moisture. However, yet again, I felt absolutely no added moisture after using this. It does not feel "calming" or "nourishing" either.

Now, all that being said, it did not break me out or irritate my skin. However, that's probably because this cleanser is just too wimpy, even for ultra sensitive skin. It just does nothing and feels like you didn't really cleanse at all.

I rated it a 2/5 because it's possible it MIGHT work for people who have completely normal skin (not the slightest bit dry or oily) and also wear no makeup at all. But, I'd rather have a cleanser do SOMETHING- say, remove at least some makeup, moisturize a bit, calm down irritation or acne, or clean the oil and debris from my skin a bit- and break me out or dry me out, rather than do absolutely nothing and not break me out or dry me out.

Made my skin feel so soft and smooth, but irritated it. Didn't break me out

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have been using this cleanser now for 2 years and it is really soothing and removes all traces of makeup. I have sensitive, dry skin and it is perfect for that type of skin. The packaging is great as it comes in a pump container so you don't waste it. I usually get it from Whole Foods for about $10 on sale! Perfect price

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this cleanser! I have moderate-severe hormonal acne. I use 3 prescription topical creams to treat my acne, and they leave my skin dehydrated, itchy, and very sensitive. I usually wash my face twice a day with Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean Face Wash and follow up with Simple Hydrating Light Moisturizer, along with my prescriptions. Then, once a week, I give my skin a much-needed dose of deep moisturizers by using a combination of the Apricot Probiotic Cleansing Milk, the Blossom + Leaf Toning Refresher, and lastly, the Super Goji Peptide Perfecting Cream (all from Andalou Naturals). My skin feels so soft, supple, and totally quenched after this routine, making Sundays my favorite night of the week. The Apricot Probiotic Cleansing Milk smells so soft and sweet, almost like peaches. I feel totally pampered when I use this product, and I will definitely be repurchasing! (NOTE: I found this and other Andalou Naturals products at TJ Maxx)

on 2/28/2015 1:09:00 PM

This is a simple product that does the job pleasantly and effectively. I don't wear a lot of makeup and if I do, then i will give it two goes. At this price you really can't miss. I was using Ponds dry skin cream as a cleanse which is also good and only $7 at No Frills but the scent is slightly off putting and contains some chemicals. I want to support this company as their product is at least as good as some HE lines. Haha believe me I've tried many. I follow this with simple rose water toner and Tamanu oil.

I have very, very sensitive skin and was looking for a more natural face cleanser. I stumbled upon this at VitaminShoppe on sale for $8 and decided to give it a try. It has a lovely apricot scent and feels great on my face. Leaves my skin nice and soft. Love it!

on 7/3/2014 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I am giving this a 4, not because it worked for my skin, but because it's a very lovely cleanser. Because my skin is the problem, not the cleanser, it is not fair to downgrade the cleanser. My skin is extremely sensitive and fussy, so most products, no matter how good they are, do not bode well with my skin. I didn't get breakouts with this (as I have with other cleansers), but my skin just had its typical red blotchiness, which is exactly where most cleansers fail for me. For morning use, having already-blotchy skin unfortunately sets the stage for problematic makeup, so I need a cleanser that gives me an even-toned slate to start with. At night, it doesn't matter because my skin will look good by morning anyway. That said, my skin didn't get as red as it does with most cleansers.

This cleanser does leave your skin very supple in a good way. It's not drying at all, and the pH is good since it doesn't strip the acid mantle.

I don't think I've ever tried a cleanser that smelled as beautiful and fresh as this. I am in love with the scent. I wish I could use it just to be able to smell it. It doesn't contain perfumes or fragranceswhich I absolutely hate and wonder why cosmetic companies feel they need to include them since they are toxic. It just has a really lovely fresh smell.

I read so many reviews that say "this one didn't work but another did" but then they don't let us know what it was. For that reason, i want to list alternative cleansers I have tried that do not make me red or break out, because I know how terribly difficult it is to find one if you have reactive skin like mine. Unfortunately it's a short list:
1) Silk Naturals Apricot cleanser
2) MyChelle Pure Harmony milk cleanser for sensitive skin
3) GOW azulene cleanser
4) Avalon CoQ10 cleansing milk - although I have since rejected it due to some ingredients I want to avoid.
and 5) CSI rose hips cleanser - not totally even-toned but good.

While on this topic, I figured I should add: One ingredient that is sure to make my skin react (and for many days thereafter look awful) is argan oil. Tried and tested only to find the same results no matter what product it was in or by itself. So it's a definite no-no for me.