Smashbox Limitless 15 Hour Wear Cream Eyeshadow

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Smashbox  Limitless 15 Hour Wear Cream Eyeshadow

4.3

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

EDIT: Still loving the colour but these creased on me on a humid day like any other cream es :( So I am still using my trusty NARS es base underneath and I am happy although I am taking a lippie off.

I had a very bad experience with MAC Paintpots which a) dried in their pots 6 months after opening (and I was very careful to close the lid very tightly after each use) b) were not very durable as a lid base on me - I have quite oily, sweating a bit, deep set lids and so far only NARS Smoodgeproof Eyeshadow Base (the one in the wand) manages to keep my eyeshadow crease free but I have recently finished off my third one and I was looking for some change.

Here comes Smashbox and their Limitless 15 hours wear shadows - I have two colours:

Iris - plumy, smoky deep violet with pinkish micro glitter and Gemstone - warm brown/dark peach with silver micro glitter.

I use Gemstone all over and Iris in the outer corner (I've tried it as a liner as well and it worked that way too, although it was not pigmented enough for just one swipe, I had to add a second layer but it truly held all 15 hours + day! ) - both applied with my ring finger. I am able to do an everyday look with my fingers in 2 minutes flat. I thightline sometimes with Charlotte Tilbury's Iconic Eye pencil in Elizabeth Violet to get a stronger look but Smashbox eyeshadows look good on their own as well, just with a lick of mascara. Micro glitter brightens the lid but does not give any wet or metallic finish. Shadows set and do not budge even on a warm, summery day. I am SUPER happy with my purchase (£15 each, easily accessible in Boots).

Gemstone reminds me of my favourite but discontinued Benefit cream eyeshadow so I am chuffed I have found a decent replacement.

Jars are huuuuuge (5g) so I hope to use them for a long time - I decided to keep them in the original cardboard boxes to minimise risk of them drying out. That is also why I gave them 4 stars only - if they last longer than MAC's Paintpots, I will be back to hopefully add another lippie.

It is my 4th array into Smashbox offering (I've had their collection of 10 eyeliners before, very dinky very long lasting) and so far I am very happy with everything I've bought. I would like to look more into their brushes offering as well in the future.

on 6/14/2013 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I purchased this in the new shade called Icon. It is a shiny, glitter-free, bronzy brown gorgeous color similar to UD smog. This one stays on all day without creasing at ALL on me and is flattering in the crease or on the lid.... A new staple for me as it does an excellent job of recessing my hooded lids without highlighting the crepiness which I have become a bit self consious about! Want an interesting eye look? Try it on top of a grey , blue or plum eyeshadow, just a dab in center of your lid. I wish the little glass jar similar to a Mac Paintpot was less clunky and heavy.

Pretty good creme shadow.

Price: $25 CAD
Colour: (Topaz) light icy beige
Finish: pearlescent
Pigmentation: sheer to medium
Texture: buttery

This is yet another addition to my crème e/s collection. This is a nice natural lid colour for all fair to medium. Texture is nearly identical to Paint Pots.