Smashbox Limitless 15 Hour Wear Cream Eyeshadow

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Smashbox  Limitless 15 Hour Wear Cream Eyeshadow

4.4

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

EDIT: Still loving the colour but these creased on me on a humid day like any other cream es :( So I am still using my trusty NARS es base underneath and I am happy although I am taking a lippie off.

I had a very bad experience with MAC Paintpots which a) dried in their pots 6 months after opening (and I was very careful to close the lid very tightly after each use) b) were not very durable as a lid base on me - I have quite oily, sweating a bit, deep set lids and so far only NARS Smoodgeproof Eyeshadow Base (the one in the wand) manages to keep my eyeshadow crease free but I have recently finished off my third one and I was looking for some change.

Here comes Smashbox and their Limitless 15 hours wear shadows - I have two colours:

Iris - plumy, smoky deep violet with pinkish micro glitter and Gemstone - warm brown/dark peach with silver micro glitter.

I use Gemstone all over and Iris in the outer corner (I've tried it as a liner as well and it worked that way too, although it was not pigmented enough for just one swipe, I had to add a second layer but it truly held all 15 hours + day! ) - both applied with my ring finger. I am able to do an everyday look with my fingers in 2 minutes flat. I thightline sometimes with Charlotte Tilbury's Iconic Eye pencil in Elizabeth Violet to get a stronger look but Smashbox eyeshadows look good on their own as well, just with a lick of mascara. Micro glitter brightens the lid but does not give any wet or metallic finish. Shadows set and do not budge even on a warm, summery day. I am SUPER happy with my purchase (£15 each, easily accessible in Boots).

Gemstone reminds me of my favourite but discontinued Benefit cream eyeshadow so I am chuffed I have found a decent replacement.

Jars are huuuuuge (5g) so I hope to use them for a long time - I decided to keep them in the original cardboard boxes to minimise risk of them drying out. That is also why I gave them 4 stars only - if they last longer than MAC's Paintpots, I will be back to hopefully add another lippie.

It is my 4th array into Smashbox offering (I've had their collection of 10 eyeliners before, very dinky very long lasting) and so far I am very happy with everything I've bought. I would like to look more into their brushes offering as well in the future.

on 2/2/2014 10:36:00 PM

So happy to have found this. I have used many primers, both HE and DS and nothing stays on me like this. I have it in Gemstone and use it without a shadow over it. It lasts longer than LM Caviar Sticks, paint pots, and Bobbi Brown cream shadows. The price is steep but this is a winner. I plan to get more colors.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Recently I received this as a gift and I am so glad I did! This is probably one of my favorite cream eye shadows ever. I have the shade in gemstone and the way I would describe the color is a cross between a dark purple with a bit of topaz and almost golden shimmer. In the pot I thought it would make my eyes look red and puffy but it doesn't. The color goes really well with almost every outfit I pair it with and it goes on so easily. It doesn't dry very quickly so I can always buff it out with a blender brush if I need to and I love that as well.
I have brown eyes and the shade makes my eyes pop but also look sultry and sexy at the same time. I do not even have to wear eyeliner with this color. Also I found out that this can also be used as a cream eyeliner in a pinch. I just used an angled eyeliner brush and it went on so easily and did not smudge once. I love the two in one factor with this shadow.
I definitely recommend this product, I don't know what it costs exactly but I think that it is worth it no matter the price. Also a little goes quite a way so you won't go through it fast. Another thing, it is in a glass pot so you just have to be careful not to drop it or bang it up against things.

I have this in topaz, gemstone and stone. I cannot say enough good things about the quality of these. They are by far the best cream eyeshadows I have ever used. They really do stay on all day long and don't ever crease or fade and I don't wear primer with it. Actually instead of using primer with my powder eyeshadows now, I use one of these as a base and it works great. It's also nice to just have a wash of color you can put on in a minute with your finger. The ONLY thing I dislike about these is the price, however they do last forever, even when I wear everyday so it's worth it.

Pretty good creme shadow.

Price: $25 CAD
Colour: (Topaz) light icy beige
Finish: pearlescent
Pigmentation: sheer to medium
Texture: buttery

This is yet another addition to my crème e/s collection. This is a nice natural lid colour for all fair to medium. Texture is nearly identical to Paint Pots.

on 9/17/2012 12:49:00 AM

I got this eyeshadow in Iris ("burnt plum") and it was darker than I expected. Too black, not enough purple for me.
But the quality is superb! It doesn't crease after a day of wear. The color stays true. No smudging or anything. Very stay-put. This is a fun color to use for smokey eye!

on 8/21/2012 3:17:00 PM

I've owned this eyeshadow in Neptune for a couple months now and love it. Granted, it's not an everyday look, but it is a beautiful, bold, long wearing shade.

I've been craving something with similar staying power but in purple, and last night purchased the Iris shade. What a disappointment. The application didn't read purple at all, and more just made me look like I had two black eyes/bruises. Sadly, it will be going back.

While I haven't tried any of the more muted colors, I do think the Neptune is a great product. I wear it with Too Faced shadow insurance underneath because I have oily, and it literally lasts 12 hours. Very buildable, you can layer it sheer or build it to the color in the pot. Only around hour 13 was there a slight creasing, which is okay by me.

Minus one star for Iris making me look like a victim of domestic violence :/

on 7/21/2012 8:50:00 AM

I pretty much stick to cream shadows these days. I can skip primer and most of the time I can just swipe them on with my fingers which I love. I picked this up on a whim. Actually I wanted free shipping at Sephora and needed another item to buy so I went with this. I bought Stone which is described as a deep olive gray. I don't see gray in this but it is simply gorgeous. Reminds me of MAC Greensmoke which is a big favorite of mine. Texture reminds me of the Shiseido cream shadows. Lots of slip ( vs BB) I've worn this three days in a row now and it's just perfect. I imagine there will be more of these in my future.