Smashbox Limitless 15 Hour Wear Cream Eyeshadow

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Smashbox  Limitless 15 Hour Wear Cream Eyeshadow

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Recently I received this as a gift and I am so glad I did! This is probably one of my favorite cream eye shadows ever. I have the shade in gemstone and the way I would describe the color is a cross between a dark purple with a bit of topaz and almost golden shimmer. In the pot I thought it would make my eyes look red and puffy but it doesn't. The color goes really well with almost every outfit I pair it with and it goes on so easily. It doesn't dry very quickly so I can always buff it out with a blender brush if I need to and I love that as well.
I have brown eyes and the shade makes my eyes pop but also look sultry and sexy at the same time. I do not even have to wear eyeliner with this color. Also I found out that this can also be used as a cream eyeliner in a pinch. I just used an angled eyeliner brush and it went on so easily and did not smudge once. I love the two in one factor with this shadow.
I definitely recommend this product, I don't know what it costs exactly but I think that it is worth it no matter the price. Also a little goes quite a way so you won't go through it fast. Another thing, it is in a glass pot so you just have to be careful not to drop it or bang it up against things.

on 8/21/2012 3:17:00 PM

I've owned this eyeshadow in Neptune for a couple months now and love it. Granted, it's not an everyday look, but it is a beautiful, bold, long wearing shade.

I've been craving something with similar staying power but in purple, and last night purchased the Iris shade. What a disappointment. The application didn't read purple at all, and more just made me look like I had two black eyes/bruises. Sadly, it will be going back.

While I haven't tried any of the more muted colors, I do think the Neptune is a great product. I wear it with Too Faced shadow insurance underneath because I have oily, and it literally lasts 12 hours. Very buildable, you can layer it sheer or build it to the color in the pot. Only around hour 13 was there a slight creasing, which is okay by me.

Minus one star for Iris making me look like a victim of domestic violence :/

on 7/21/2012 8:50:00 AM

I pretty much stick to cream shadows these days. I can skip primer and most of the time I can just swipe them on with my fingers which I love. I picked this up on a whim. Actually I wanted free shipping at Sephora and needed another item to buy so I went with this. I bought Stone which is described as a deep olive gray. I don't see gray in this but it is simply gorgeous. Reminds me of MAC Greensmoke which is a big favorite of mine. Texture reminds me of the Shiseido cream shadows. Lots of slip ( vs BB) I've worn this three days in a row now and it's just perfect. I imagine there will be more of these in my future.