Smashbox Limitless 15 Hour Wear Cream Eyeshadow

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Smashbox  Limitless 15 Hour Wear Cream Eyeshadow

4.3

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

EDIT: Still loving the colour but these creased on me on a humid day like any other cream es :( So I am still using my trusty NARS es base underneath and I am happy although I am taking a lippie off.

I had a very bad experience with MAC Paintpots which a) dried in their pots 6 months after opening (and I was very careful to close the lid very tightly after each use) b) were not very durable as a lid base on me - I have quite oily, sweating a bit, deep set lids and so far only NARS Smoodgeproof Eyeshadow Base (the one in the wand) manages to keep my eyeshadow crease free but I have recently finished off my third one and I was looking for some change.

Here comes Smashbox and their Limitless 15 hours wear shadows - I have two colours:

Iris - plumy, smoky deep violet with pinkish micro glitter and Gemstone - warm brown/dark peach with silver micro glitter.

I use Gemstone all over and Iris in the outer corner (I've tried it as a liner as well and it worked that way too, although it was not pigmented enough for just one swipe, I had to add a second layer but it truly held all 15 hours + day! ) - both applied with my ring finger. I am able to do an everyday look with my fingers in 2 minutes flat. I thightline sometimes with Charlotte Tilbury's Iconic Eye pencil in Elizabeth Violet to get a stronger look but Smashbox eyeshadows look good on their own as well, just with a lick of mascara. Micro glitter brightens the lid but does not give any wet or metallic finish. Shadows set and do not budge even on a warm, summery day. I am SUPER happy with my purchase (15 each, easily accessible in Boots).

Gemstone reminds me of my favourite but discontinued Benefit cream eyeshadow so I am chuffed I have found a decent replacement.

Jars are huuuuuge (5g) so I hope to use them for a long time - I decided to keep them in the original cardboard boxes to minimise risk of them drying out. That is also why I gave them 4 stars only - if they last longer than MAC's Paintpots, I will be back to hopefully add another lippie.

It is my 4th array into Smashbox offering (I've had their collection of 10 eyeliners before, very dinky very long lasting) and so far I am very happy with everything I've bought. I would like to look more into their brushes offering as well in the future.

Claims of long wear in an eyeshadow rarely work for me, but in these 15 hour wear cream shadows, it's actually true. I have hooded eyelids, but even without primer, these lasted forever...until I decided to remove them. All of the colors are great. I chose Topaz, Gemstone, and Stone. They are versatile enough that I can wear all three colors together, or mix and match. I found they were easy to blend, and once they set, they didn't budge. I just applied with my finger...I've found with cream shadows like this, basic application works best that way. For lining my lashline, or applying on my lower lid, i'll use a pencil brush. They have a slight sheen to them which I like. It doesn't look dry or matte, but it isn't shimmery or glitterly. Stone is a real winner for me. The name implies it's a gray, but it looks green on me, yet it makes my green eyes pop. Not many colors can do that. Gemstone is also good for green eyes, as it's more of a mauve shade, and Topaz is a champagne based color that can be used to accent the other colors, or just as a light wash on the lids to make you look wide awake. Very impressed with this product, and I may pick up a couple of the other colors.

on 5/12/2014 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have this in Icon and as well as being a fantastic eye shadow, it makes a fantastic brow colour which looks amazing as it has a bit of a gloss to it that resembles eyebrow hairs more closely than flat powder. Wouldn't be without it.

super pigmented, doesn't flake or crease, lasts forever, extremely buildable and does not move!!

Top Rated Eye Shadow