Smashbox Limitless 15 Hour Wear Cream Eyeshadow

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Smashbox  Limitless 15 Hour Wear Cream Eyeshadow

4.5

Claims of long wear in an eyeshadow rarely work for me, but in these 15 hour wear cream shadows, it's actually true. I have hooded eyelids, but even without primer, these lasted forever...until I decided to remove them. All of the colors are great. I chose Topaz, Gemstone, and Stone. They are versatile enough that I can wear all three colors together, or mix and match. I found they were easy to blend, and once they set, they didn't budge. I just applied with my finger...I've found with cream shadows like this, basic application works best that way. For lining my lashline, or applying on my lower lid, i'll use a pencil brush. They have a slight sheen to them which I like. It doesn't look dry or matte, but it isn't shimmery or glitterly. Stone is a real winner for me. The name implies it's a gray, but it looks green on me, yet it makes my green eyes pop. Not many colors can do that. Gemstone is also good for green eyes, as it's more of a mauve shade, and Topaz is a champagne based color that can be used to accent the other colors, or just as a light wash on the lids to make you look wide awake. Very impressed with this product, and I may pick up a couple of the other colors.

While I like these, I'm not sold on them. Anything saying "creaseless" or "no creasing" is a lie to me with my hooded, oily eyelids, but I understand the long-wearing aspect will work for me. Topaz, "soft golden beige", works well as a brow and inner-eye highlighter. Icon, "bronze", works well as an outer crease color and lower lid eyeliner.

These stay on my eyelids for a decent amount of time with primer and setting spray, maybe 6 hours out of summer heat. They blend pretty well, the payoff is good, the packaging is very good, the feel is creamy and smooth, and they're nice colors. I really like Icon's color, Topaz is only okay on my skintone. Besides the iffy animal testing status of Smashbox currently, I'm just not fully impressed with the product for a "15 hour wear" product.

super pigmented, doesn't flake or crease, lasts forever, extremely buildable and does not move!!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I purchase this product in the shade of Gemstone (another reviewer described this as medium brownish plum with shimmer). I was hoping for more of a burgundy paint pot, however this thing is FULL OF GLITTER. gold glitter. ick... not good for using as a base for versatility. But I cannot fault the product, it does hold up in terms of non-creasing.
However, this shade looks muddy on my blue eyes, and is better for a day wear shadow, not the evening smokey eye I was hoping to get out of this.

EDIT - ok, so the actual shade was less pigmented that what I was expecting from the tub, but the quality of this product is phenomenal. BEST CREAM SHADOW HANDS DOWN. No creasing, even without primer, even after hours upon hours of wear. It blends like a dream (I'm looking at you, shadow sticks from Laura Mercier and Milani), and the color is buildable. I will definitely need to get my hands on this entire line. I hope they expand to more shades.

on 8/1/2012 3:36:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This eye shadow is amazing! I have very oily skin, including eye lids, and any eye shadow that I use ends up creasing by mid-day, regardless of weather. The first time I wore this it was in the high 90s, humid and drizzly. But when I got home from work (10 hours after applying it), this eye shadow hadn't budged! I didn't use any primer or anything else on my lids. I may never use another type of shadow again!

I got the taupe which is very neutral and light with a slight touch of shimmer.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

These shadows are fantastic! I have 4 of them now, in Sapphire (a deep blue somewhere between royal and navy, with shimmer), Quartz (sort of a pale champagne/pink/taupe with shimmer), Gemstone (medium brownish plum with shimmer) and Icon (sort of a coppery/bronze shimmer). I can't say enough good things about them. I have pretty oily, hooded lids and I never thought I could wear cream shadows. When I bought my first one I really thought I would be returning it. What a pleasant surprise! They really do last! I'm not sure I've ever kept them on for 15 hours, but I have worn them for 10-12 with no creasing. That's better than I get with a primer and powder shadow. I DO use UDPP under these shadows, and I haven't tried them without, so I can't speak to that. The colors are all beautiful and apply like a dream. I've used Quartz, Icon, and Gemstone as lid colors. They blend nicely at the edges and with powder shadows. They are also perfect for a single wash of lid color. I've used Sapphire as a liner, it's a very pretty blue. Probably not as vibrant as an actual cream liner might be in that color, but still very pretty. Application as a liner was a breeze too. The price is $19 each, which is a little high, but I think if they don't dry out and I can use them a long time, they will be well worth it. I hope they continue to make these, they are awesome!!