Smashbox Limitless 15 Hour Wear Cream Eyeshadow

Smashbox  Limitless 15 Hour Wear Cream Eyeshadow

4.6

on 5/12/2014 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have this in Icon and as well as being a fantastic eye shadow, it makes a fantastic brow colour which looks amazing as it has a bit of a gloss to it that resembles eyebrow hairs more closely than flat powder. Wouldn't be without it.

super pigmented, doesn't flake or crease, lasts forever, extremely buildable and does not move!!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

They are smooth, not too soft (like Shi's), no chunky glitter particles, they go on well and you need very little. Easy to build up or use very sheerly. I don't use a primer, I use it as a base. The colour I have is Icon, a bronze/brown shade. It looks like Fyrinnae Fire Opal, in cream shadow form. Used alone, it gives a sort of grunge look, many would just leave it there, it's so pretty.
I wear it as Lisa Eldridge did in her Chocolate Berry winter look, with cranberry shades pressed on top, and a deep plum to line.
One con (which is a good thing, really) is that they are difficult to take off without a good makeup remover. You can't just use a wipe and call it a day. I was torn between this and other cream shadows from Benefit, Dior, etc. The Dior was coming off without me even trying. This was the longest lasting one. It is similar to Estee Lauder's cream shadow, but longer lasting.

on 2/2/2014 10:36:00 PM

So happy to have found this. I have used many primers, both HE and DS and nothing stays on me like this. I have it in Gemstone and use it without a shadow over it. It lasts longer than LM Caviar Sticks, paint pots, and Bobbi Brown cream shadows. The price is steep but this is a winner. I plan to get more colors.

I have this in topaz, gemstone and stone. I cannot say enough good things about the quality of these. They are by far the best cream eyeshadows I have ever used. They really do stay on all day long and don't ever crease or fade and I don't wear primer with it. Actually instead of using primer with my powder eyeshadows now, I use one of these as a base and it works great. It's also nice to just have a wash of color you can put on in a minute with your finger. The ONLY thing I dislike about these is the price, however they do last forever, even when I wear everyday so it's worth it.

on 6/14/2013 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I purchased this in the new shade called Icon. It is a shiny, glitter-free, bronzy brown gorgeous color similar to UD smog. This one stays on all day without creasing at ALL on me and is flattering in the crease or on the lid.... A new staple for me as it does an excellent job of recessing my hooded lids without highlighting the crepiness which I have become a bit self consious about! Want an interesting eye look? Try it on top of a grey , blue or plum eyeshadow, just a dab in center of your lid. I wish the little glass jar similar to a Mac Paintpot was less clunky and heavy.

Pretty good creme shadow.

Price: $25 CAD
Colour: (Topaz) light icy beige
Finish: pearlescent
Pigmentation: sheer to medium
Texture: buttery

This is yet another addition to my crème e/s collection. This is a nice natural lid colour for all fair to medium. Texture is nearly identical to Paint Pots.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I purchase this product in the shade of Gemstone (another reviewer described this as medium brownish plum with shimmer). I was hoping for more of a burgundy paint pot, however this thing is FULL OF GLITTER. gold glitter. ick... not good for using as a base for versatility. But I cannot fault the product, it does hold up in terms of non-creasing.
However, this shade looks muddy on my blue eyes, and is better for a day wear shadow, not the evening smokey eye I was hoping to get out of this.

EDIT - ok, so the actual shade was less pigmented that what I was expecting from the tub, but the quality of this product is phenomenal. BEST CREAM SHADOW HANDS DOWN. No creasing, even without primer, even after hours upon hours of wear. It blends like a dream (I'm looking at you, shadow sticks from Laura Mercier and Milani), and the color is buildable. I will definitely need to get my hands on this entire line. I hope they expand to more shades.

on 8/11/2012 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I needed an eyeshadow base which would double as a lovely cream shadow on the days I want to keep it minimal. I tried many brands, looking for just the right colour and finish for me. Although I felt a real loyalty to Mac and their wonderful paintpots, I finally went for Smashbox in shade 'Riches'. I am really happy with it.
My lids are usually quite red (especially when I am tired) and they get heavy if I wear anything too heavy on them. This cream shadow is so light, it feels more like an eye cream.
The shade I have chosen is the best thing about this product. It brightens my skin and makes my eyes look so much brighter also. In the jar, this looks golden, but on the skin it is all about the lovely bright glow. It seems to make eyeshadows that I lay on top so much more vivid in colour.
No creasing at all and it helps keep the integrity of the eyeshadow last longer in the day.

on 8/1/2012 3:36:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This eye shadow is amazing! I have very oily skin, including eye lids, and any eye shadow that I use ends up creasing by mid-day, regardless of weather. The first time I wore this it was in the high 90s, humid and drizzly. But when I got home from work (10 hours after applying it), this eye shadow hadn't budged! I didn't use any primer or anything else on my lids. I may never use another type of shadow again!

I got the taupe which is very neutral and light with a slight touch of shimmer.