Smashbox Limitless 15 Hour Wear Cream Eyeshadow

Smashbox  Limitless 15 Hour Wear Cream Eyeshadow

4.6

Claims of long wear in an eyeshadow rarely work for me, but in these 15 hour wear cream shadows, it's actually true. I have hooded eyelids, but even without primer, these lasted forever...until I decided to remove them. All of the colors are great. I chose Topaz, Gemstone, and Stone. They are versatile enough that I can wear all three colors together, or mix and match. I found they were easy to blend, and once they set, they didn't budge. I just applied with my finger...I've found with cream shadows like this, basic application works best that way. For lining my lashline, or applying on my lower lid, i'll use a pencil brush. They have a slight sheen to them which I like. It doesn't look dry or matte, but it isn't shimmery or glitterly. Stone is a real winner for me. The name implies it's a gray, but it looks green on me, yet it makes my green eyes pop. Not many colors can do that. Gemstone is also good for green eyes, as it's more of a mauve shade, and Topaz is a champagne based color that can be used to accent the other colors, or just as a light wash on the lids to make you look wide awake. Very impressed with this product, and I may pick up a couple of the other colors.

on 6/14/2013 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I purchased this in the new shade called Icon. It is a shiny, glitter-free, bronzy brown gorgeous color similar to UD smog. This one stays on all day without creasing at ALL on me and is flattering in the crease or on the lid.... A new staple for me as it does an excellent job of recessing my hooded lids without highlighting the crepiness which I have become a bit self consious about! Want an interesting eye look? Try it on top of a grey , blue or plum eyeshadow, just a dab in center of your lid. I wish the little glass jar similar to a Mac Paintpot was less clunky and heavy.

on 2/2/2014 10:36:00 PM

So happy to have found this. I have used many primers, both HE and DS and nothing stays on me like this. I have it in Gemstone and use it without a shadow over it. It lasts longer than LM Caviar Sticks, paint pots, and Bobbi Brown cream shadows. The price is steep but this is a winner. I plan to get more colors.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Recently I received this as a gift and I am so glad I did! This is probably one of my favorite cream eye shadows ever. I have the shade in gemstone and the way I would describe the color is a cross between a dark purple with a bit of topaz and almost golden shimmer. In the pot I thought it would make my eyes look red and puffy but it doesn't. The color goes really well with almost every outfit I pair it with and it goes on so easily. It doesn't dry very quickly so I can always buff it out with a blender brush if I need to and I love that as well.
I have brown eyes and the shade makes my eyes pop but also look sultry and sexy at the same time. I do not even have to wear eyeliner with this color. Also I found out that this can also be used as a cream eyeliner in a pinch. I just used an angled eyeliner brush and it went on so easily and did not smudge once. I love the two in one factor with this shadow.
I definitely recommend this product, I don't know what it costs exactly but I think that it is worth it no matter the price. Also a little goes quite a way so you won't go through it fast. Another thing, it is in a glass pot so you just have to be careful not to drop it or bang it up against things.

on 8/11/2012 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I needed an eyeshadow base which would double as a lovely cream shadow on the days I want to keep it minimal. I tried many brands, looking for just the right colour and finish for me. Although I felt a real loyalty to Mac and their wonderful paintpots, I finally went for Smashbox in shade 'Riches'. I am really happy with it.
My lids are usually quite red (especially when I am tired) and they get heavy if I wear anything too heavy on them. This cream shadow is so light, it feels more like an eye cream.
The shade I have chosen is the best thing about this product. It brightens my skin and makes my eyes look so much brighter also. In the jar, this looks golden, but on the skin it is all about the lovely bright glow. It seems to make eyeshadows that I lay on top so much more vivid in colour.
No creasing at all and it helps keep the integrity of the eyeshadow last longer in the day.

I have this in topaz, gemstone and stone. I cannot say enough good things about the quality of these. They are by far the best cream eyeshadows I have ever used. They really do stay on all day long and don't ever crease or fade and I don't wear primer with it. Actually instead of using primer with my powder eyeshadows now, I use one of these as a base and it works great. It's also nice to just have a wash of color you can put on in a minute with your finger. The ONLY thing I dislike about these is the price, however they do last forever, even when I wear everyday so it's worth it.

on 8/21/2012 3:17:00 PM

I've owned this eyeshadow in Neptune for a couple months now and love it. Granted, it's not an everyday look, but it is a beautiful, bold, long wearing shade.

I've been craving something with similar staying power but in purple, and last night purchased the Iris shade. What a disappointment. The application didn't read purple at all, and more just made me look like I had two black eyes/bruises. Sadly, it will be going back.

While I haven't tried any of the more muted colors, I do think the Neptune is a great product. I wear it with Too Faced shadow insurance underneath because I have oily, and it literally lasts 12 hours. Very buildable, you can layer it sheer or build it to the color in the pot. Only around hour 13 was there a slight creasing, which is okay by me.

Minus one star for Iris making me look like a victim of domestic violence :/

on 8/1/2012 3:36:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This eye shadow is amazing! I have very oily skin, including eye lids, and any eye shadow that I use ends up creasing by mid-day, regardless of weather. The first time I wore this it was in the high 90s, humid and drizzly. But when I got home from work (10 hours after applying it), this eye shadow hadn't budged! I didn't use any primer or anything else on my lids. I may never use another type of shadow again!

I got the taupe which is very neutral and light with a slight touch of shimmer.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

These shadows are fantastic! I have 4 of them now, in Sapphire (a deep blue somewhere between royal and navy, with shimmer), Quartz (sort of a pale champagne/pink/taupe with shimmer), Gemstone (medium brownish plum with shimmer) and Icon (sort of a coppery/bronze shimmer). I can't say enough good things about them. I have pretty oily, hooded lids and I never thought I could wear cream shadows. When I bought my first one I really thought I would be returning it. What a pleasant surprise! They really do last! I'm not sure I've ever kept them on for 15 hours, but I have worn them for 10-12 with no creasing. That's better than I get with a primer and powder shadow. I DO use UDPP under these shadows, and I haven't tried them without, so I can't speak to that. The colors are all beautiful and apply like a dream. I've used Quartz, Icon, and Gemstone as lid colors. They blend nicely at the edges and with powder shadows. They are also perfect for a single wash of lid color. I've used Sapphire as a liner, it's a very pretty blue. Probably not as vibrant as an actual cream liner might be in that color, but still very pretty. Application as a liner was a breeze too. The price is $19 each, which is a little high, but I think if they don't dry out and I can use them a long time, they will be well worth it. I hope they continue to make these, they are awesome!!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

They are smooth, not too soft (like Shi's), no chunky glitter particles, they go on well and you need very little. Easy to build up or use very sheerly. I don't use a primer, I use it as a base. The colour I have is Icon, a bronze/brown shade. It looks like Fyrinnae Fire Opal, in cream shadow form. Used alone, it gives a sort of grunge look, many would just leave it there, it's so pretty.
I wear it as Lisa Eldridge did in her Chocolate Berry winter look, with cranberry shades pressed on top, and a deep plum to line.
One con (which is a good thing, really) is that they are difficult to take off without a good makeup remover. You can't just use a wipe and call it a day. I was torn between this and other cream shadows from Benefit, Dior, etc. The Dior was coming off without me even trying. This was the longest lasting one. It is similar to Estee Lauder's cream shadow, but longer lasting.