Clear Scalp & Hair Shampoo

Clear Scalp & Hair Shampoo

2.8

TOTAL CARE NOURISHING SHAMPOO Ingredients Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance (Parfum), Dimethiconol, Sodium Chloride, Carbomer, Dimethicone, Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Zinc Pyrithione, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, DMDM Hydantoin, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Stearic Acid, Citric Acid, Tallow Acid or Palmitic Acid, Zinc Sulfate, Glycerin, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Sodium Isethionate, Poloxamer 407, Laureth-23, Laureth-4, Tocopheryl Acetate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PPG-9, PEG-9M, Panthenol, Lysine HCl, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Niacinamide, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 33 (CI 17200) NOURISHING ANTI-DANDRUFF SHAMPOO Active Ingredient: Pyrithione Zinc (1.0%) Ingredients Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Chloride, Dimethiconol, Carbomer, Dimethicone, Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, DMDM Hydantoin, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Stearic Acid, Citric Acid, Tallow Acid or Palmitic Acid, Glycerin, Zinc Sulfate, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Sodium Isethionate, Poloxamer 407, Laureth-23, Laureth-4, Tocopheryl Acetate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PPG-9, PEG-9M, Panthenol, Lysine HCl, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Niacinamide, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) DAMAGE & COLOR REPAIR NOURISHING SHAMPOO Ingredients Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance (Parfum), Dimethiconol, Sodium Chloride, Carbomer, Dimethicone, Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Zinc Pyrithione, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, DMDM Hydantoin, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Stearic Acid, Citric Acid, Tallow Acid or Palmitic Acid, Zinc Sulfate, Glycerin, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Sodium Isethionate, Poloxamer 407, Laureth-23, Laureth-4, Tocopheryl Acetate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PPG-9, PEG-9M, Panthenol, Lysine HCl, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Niacinamide, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 33 (CI 17200) CLEANSE & NOURISH SHAMPOO Ingredients Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Dimethiconol, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Carbomer, Dimethicone, Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Zinc Pyrithione, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, DMDM Hydantoin, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Stearic Acid, Citric Acid, Tallow Acid or Palmitic Acid, Zinc Sulfate, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Sodium Isethionate, Poloxamer 407, Laureth-23, Laureth-4, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-9M, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Xanthan Gum, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491)

on 2/23/2018 12:57:00 AM

I used this back whenever I was in middle school (I am now finishing up my freshman year of college), and even back then, this product made my hair fall out. I randomly decided to research if anyone else had experienced hair loss as well, and I can’t say I’m not surprised. My hair felt very nice when I first started using it, but after a few months, my hair began coming out in clumps. I mainly tried this product because it had an aggresive marketing strategy. However, you’d think that since they had enough money to constantly run ads, then they’d maybe improve their formula to not cause hair loss. I also got bad dandruff when using this product, but I’m not going to directly correlate the two.

I was probably around 11-13 when I used Clear, and I honestly hate the idea of anyone using this product (especially the elderly or those with a compromised immune system). Even my sister, who is 8 years older than me, also noticed that her hair was falling out too. Regardless of age, this product is very damaging.

If you’ve used this product and want to repair your hair with drugstore products, then try using a combo of the L’Oréal Total Repair Shampoo and the OGX Biotin and Colagen Conditioner. I began using OGX to grow my hair back after using Clear, and implemented the L’Oréal shampoo around my sophomore year of HS.

Moral of the story: don’t use this product since its company obviously hasn’t tried to improve its formula for about 6-7 years. I never experienced the burning/red scalp that most have, but I definitely lost a decent bit of hair. There are way better drugstore alternatives that can help keep your hair healthy and promote growth.

on 2/18/2018 4:20:00 PM

I tried this product last year (the purple bottle) and had bad irritation. I didn't think too much of it. I tried it again for a month and it seriously messed up my scalp. My scalp got really red, flaky, and itchy. My hair was falling out in chunks. A day after washing, my hair looked like an oil field. Considering the crummy ingredients (fragrance is 5th ingredient listed), I shouldn't have tried this shampoo in the first place. However, it had good reviews and it's pretty cheap. Won't recommend if you like your hair

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Bought this on a whim, and it turned out to be a nice shampoo & conditioner, the smell is pleasant and it did give my flat thin hair some bounce to it when I blew it out. The downside is if you're looking for strengthening benefits, frizz control, or color protection that definitely won't come from this product.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

it's really nothing special. it's anti-dandruff properties are okay and all, but they make my hair feel pretty dry and limp in the end. i've been using samples here and there and just trying to finish up the product. it's not really one i'd recommend, i guess.

on 12/29/2016 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using it for a year now and I love it! I used to have really bad dandruff at my hair line where it was super visible. Once I started to use Clear I noticed results in 2 days and haven't gone back to any other product sense. Works like a charm!!!

on 4/26/2016 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Terrifying. Used for first time yesterday morning and my usually oily scalp was itching like crazy. This morning, same thing, and when I got to my parking garage, NOTICED HAIR ALL OVER MY LAP. It had fallen out during my commute! This crap should be banned. I'm only sorry I didn't read the reviews here first.

on 2/19/2016 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I recently bought the strong lengths shampoo because it was on clearance and thought why not give it a shot.I loved the smell and was excited because of all the claims,less breakage and full of vitamins!Well when I lathered up my scalp started burning like it was on fire!I was horrified and frantically rinsed and had to shampoo with my usual Loreal shampoo just to remove this crap! slowly the burning subsided but wow never imagined a shampoo could do that.Read about people experiencing hair loss,I'm not surprised.This stuff needs to be taken off the market.

on 12/14/2015 2:01:00 AM

Ok, so i used this Clear shampoo "hair and scalp" crap, and while i was rinsing it out my hair felt oily so i thought well maybe i need to do a repeat. well i lathered my hair up again and again while i was rinsing it out it felt even more oily. got really sick of having to follow up with body wash..to get the clean i wanted so i had to mix vinegar and baking soda with it and BAM!!! IT ACTUALLY WORKED. this crap is not worth the money they want for it. wouldn't recommend this product to anyone, i don't care if it smells good or not. Thumbs down people.

on 12/7/2015 4:24:00 PM

I think this shampoo should be taken off the market. I used this shampoo, the Total Care one, on and off a couple years ago....add me to the vast list of people who experienced major hair loss from this...I thought I had a thyroid problem or something and it was just this stupid shampoo. Also made my scalp sore. Yes it smells amazing, and my hair was looking pretty good until it thinned out considerably. Maybe this will make your hair fall out and maybe it wont but do you really want to take the chance???

on 11/25/2015 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This shampoo dried my hair out so bad. My hair sounds like straw.

Popular Shampoos