Nails Inc. Baker Street

Nails Inc.  Baker Street

4.5

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

Baker Street is a bright cobalt shade, with a no-nonsense creme finish. This is one of Nails inc's staple "if you like the brand, then you'll know this shade" polishes, that has become more well known in the last several years as Beyonce has regularly worn it since the birth of her daughter, Blue Ivy. I believe that it is part of the core line as every other stockist of Nails inc polishes carries this shade in a regular creme formula, whilst the Nails inc site stocks the gel-effect formula of this shade. I do love this polish, but I've removed a lippie as loads of polish brands make similar shades.

Whilst this isn't anything unique I still highly reccomend it as the formula is a winner; you only need one thicker coat for complete coverage that matches the shade in the bottle, although I'm someone who leans towards applying two thinner coats for better wear - but if I'm not bothered about stretching my mani or pedi out for as long as possible and/or don't have much free time to spend on painting my nails, then this is a reliable and quick option. This polish is especially great for those who are new to doing their own nails, as the formula is so easy to work with; it's the perfect balance between not-too-thick and not-too-thin, it is so smooth to apply that it almost seems to apply itself, it doesn't streak on me, it dries quickly, and it wears well.

on 3/9/2017 9:08:00 AM

The brush is absolutely awful! Does not allow for smooth application. Patchy results. Streaky application. Always end up with nail polish on my fingers. Really upset with quality at this price. Nice colour though. Wish it was breathable as well though so I could buy it for my muslim friend as a gift, she'd love this colour.

on 1/4/2015 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Vibrant and gorgeous cobalt blue. One of my very first Nails Inc. polishes. This stays on for a week and doesn't chip. Great polish that always gets compliments.

Very easy formula and the brush is easy to work. Opaque in 2 coats. This is so intense that I find myself constantly looking at my hands. I find that this color in particular is very very flattering on me. I am NW20 with very dark hair and hazel eyes. This color just seems to be very intense on me and looks great on my hands.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love this polish, the color is absolutely gorgeous.

on 10/11/2014 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I just adore this blue polish. It's a beautiful creme cobalt blue. Applies like a dream without streaks. Looks great against my fair skin. 2 coats to opaque blue perfection. Should be in any nail polish lovers collex.

on 8/29/2014 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My all time favorite nail polish. The color goes on smoothly and evenly, even if i were to skip a top coat the color still has an amazing shine and staying power. I have had my bottle for over a year and it is still not clumpy or thick after numerous applications. It always looks great and every time i wear it i cannot stop looking at my nails! Cannot recommend enough, my HG blue nail polish.

on 1/20/2014 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

The application was a little streaky and blotchy. It was a minor problem, and probably could have been solved by applying a third coat, but I didn't feel motivated enough to work with it. Blue is my favorite color, so I decided to step out of my comfort zone and try this, but I basically feel that if a color wouldn't work as a lipstick, it shouldn't be on my nails either. I admire people who can pull this off, but I'm not one of them.

I'm onto my 3rd bottle of this - that should say it all! What a marvellous colour! It lasts a while before chipping too (one of the best in my collection). I've never had more compliments on my nail varnish than when I'm wearing this colour. Two coats for perfect coverage and a glossy top coat over it for longevity (Seche Vite or Nails inc Caviar Top Coat are my favourites) - the only neon colour I've ever found that doesn't need 6 coats and doesn't dry matt. Just perfect.

Beautiful shade of blue! Full coverage in two coats!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is a beautiful bright cobalt blue creme which almost covers in one coat. It needs a top coat to be shiny but then it doesn't chip for a few days. A bit pricy for the amount you get, but the vibrancy of the colour makes it a must own for polish lovers!

Popular Polishes